The Student Room Group

Physics GCSE OCR Gateway revision tips

Hi,
I'm doing physics OCR Gateway GCSE course. Any tips for revising physics from people who've got 8/9s, websites, exam techniques etc, will be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Original post by Student room2333
Hi,
I'm doing physics OCR Gateway GCSE course. Any tips for revising physics from people who've got 8/9s, websites, exam techniques etc, will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

hey!

i got straight 9s in physics all the way through my gcses so I hope this will help

don't rewrite notes. ever. for physics and maths forget the notes- only note down key info/formulas from the lessons. then, do as many topic questions, and then past papers as you can for all the topics. buy the cgp books- they saved me. also don't be afraid to ask ur teacher for help! get onto seneca learning and get the free trial for premium just before the exams, or buy the premium access from the start (I did, and it was so worth it) and do everything on there. everything. also use online flashcards- don't bother making ur own, since most of the marks come from maths, and method marks and stuff like that.

i also quite liked explaining concepts to my friends cus that helped a lot. doing things like physically (throwing a ball and then explaining its motion etc) helped me visualise the concept- words don't always work for me lol. watch youtube videos and make notes for those if it's a topic you are finding very hard- do NOT leave it till the last minute.

PPQs and exam questions will save ur grade I promise. also don't bother trying to cram- the exam is more about how you work things out and link concepts than just memorising stuff.

hope this helps!!
Thank you so much, this is really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest