The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kenny222
TBH. I'm not waiting another year. I'm half tempted to write them a letter and explain that my academic qualifications would surely make up for 1 mark and also show that I'm perfectly capable of doing this and succeeding but at the end of the day it'll make sihte all difference. They'll pull the usual 'template letter reply' tactics. And even if they call me up in July and say a space has come available due to whatever circumstances I'll still tell them to shove it up their arses.

Have you seen the schlumburger maintenance technician scheme that's on the Opito website? Looks like it could be a good last chance for you?
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
Yeah, I understand what youre saying, but theres mostly crap ones left now... Isnt there as most of the better ones will have been taken by now?
By better, I mean well paid.
And do you know which type of apprenticeship is the most well paid. Im guessing engineering right but it depends what sector you go into?

half bread is better than none, unless u have a better option, u will have to make do with whatever is available at the moment or wait till next year and apply early. I reckon engineering and aviation are the better ones, if u can still find any.
Reply 1082
Anyone else still waiting for a letter about an aptitude test date? I'm from the Middlesbrough area, getting a bit anxious seen as though some of you have interview dates already... Cheers!
Reply 1083
I just got my interview letter a couple days ago. My interview is on the 20th. Any tips?
Reply 1084
Original post by Glen1994
Anyone else still waiting for a letter about an aptitude test date? I'm from the Middlesbrough area, getting a bit anxious seen as though some of you have interview dates already... Cheers!

I'm still waiting too, I'm in East Anglia.
Reply 1085
wow, 56 pages and still counting!

i'm currently studying to get the grades to apply for 2013 intake, so thought I best jump in and say hi. i'm glad i am seeing older guys on here as at 27 years old i thought i might be in my own age group lol. it's gonna be a long journey!! :smile:
Reply 1086
has anyone done any sort of revision for these tests? and is the process test more physics linked and the mechanical test technological studies linked?
Reply 1087
and what do you wear to the aptitude test, is it formal as in shirt and tie or casual like chinos and a polo shirt?
Reply 1088
56 pages of info for you to read lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ryann
and what do you wear to the aptitude test, is it formal as in shirt and tie or casual like chinos and a polo shirt?

You can wear anything U want, no one cares, most ppl came in casual, someone even wore trackies. U want to look smart and clean but not shirt and jacket tie.
Reply 1090
Original post by damilola
You can wear anything U want, no one cares, most ppl came in casual, someone even wore trackies. U want to look smart and clean but not shirt and jacket tie.

they wont be marking you for appearance at aptitude tests. the aim of aptitude testing is to asses your knowledge, understanding and your way of thinking. they're looking for speed and accuracy. in other words if you're likely suitable for the job! the interview is the one you want to look the bees knees, where your best suit for that. i have 2 friends that did the opito route and so know what how it goes.....
Reply 1091
ok thanks, I did an aptitude test for ExxonMobil which was more local so wasnt sure if this was different as it is nation wide. And I've done all types of tests except a process one, what the hell is that? Like physics or is it like spatial ability testing?
Reply 1092
i had my test today and its been the same one for the last 3 years now. totaly worrying now cant wait 2 weeks, managed to finish all the question but slipped up on the end of the non calc paper
Reply 1093
ryann, i would suggest you ask nicely for some second-timers or peeps who have already sat it for some pointers on the process test. however, you're in direct competition for a place so people may not want to divulge as it would give you an advantage they never had. i think people aren't showing their cards for a reason mate!!
Reply 1094
Ryann, Google shl tests and practice them. The process test isn't difficult. As long as you get your head round the workings of it. You get it explained pretty well before you start.

Char84, are you on the course or applying for it? I'm guessing by your user name you are the same age as me.
I think people should just google stuff like I did the first time around or read the most recent pages of his thread. Personally,I've had it with people who just want to pick others' brains but won't put in the work to do some research themselves. Funny thing is when it's the other way round they might not help! :angry:
Reply 1096
Fair point. An hours read through the forum pages will answer all your questions.
Reply 1097
The whole point of this forum is for people applying for the apprenticeship to ask questions, if you don't want to answer them then that's up to you. I asked because practice process tests aren't the easy to find on line, I was wondering if they were similar to another type of test, but I understand the point of me being in competition with everyone else so I don't expect a response.
Reply 1098
i get what you're saying ryan, iv been online and it is difficult to find a process test. i am yet to find one so i'll continue looking! yer a forum is to talk and share but some people like to keep a competitive edge, which is fair enough.

yes dakl i am 27. probably one of the oldest! im actually studying chemistry and maths at the moment, my school grades didnt meet the entry requirements so i'll be applying for 2013 intake. there's a lot riding on the outcome of my bid for a place as i've already invested £1,000 on courses and i'm not getting any younger. i have 2 kids raise and i need a career now, not just another job. therefore its vital i prepare well in advance as iv been out of school over 12 years!! rusty doesnt even get near it lol
Reply 1099
I'm a first year Opito student, just want to say good luck to everyone who has applied. It's a fantastic course to be on, if anyone has any questions I'll try my best to answer. Again, good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending