The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Touchy subject!!! But..are there any black people at keele university???.......

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why do you feel like you'd be out of place? You'll find black and Asian students pretty much all over the UK, especially on postgraduate courses. There's a near certain chance that there'll be at least one other black person.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 21
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Seven. There are seven.

Love how everyone would go mental if a white person said they'd feel out of place without a strong white presence.

7, really!!!!

haha...funny, sorry you took it in such a literal sense....unlikely that would happen now, there tends to be a white minority in most parts of the country :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by ch0llima
Why do you feel like you'd be out of place? You'll find black and Asian students pretty much all over the UK, especially on postgraduate courses. There's a near certain chance that there'll be at least one other black person.

yea...Ch0llima I do agree with your point...its just that I've had racial abuse as I said in an add above, and its not that am small minded to think everyone is like that, no, it just that it really stuck with, if ya know what I mean. Just weary of what kind of place i'll be at for the next 3years..

thanks for your comment/feedback :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by babygirl110
Yes there are black students there. I don't like keele uni though, it's in the middle of no where and very isolated, apparently there is a high suicide rate there. I'm not surprised though.

lol...oh no :frown: it that dead there eh!! well I'll look on the bright side, probably be less detracted..lol

thanks for commenting :smile:
Reply 24
Love how everyone would go mental if a white person said they'd feel out of place without a strong white presence.
:confused: I don't think this is true? In a UK/European context making the converse statement is irrelevant as everywhere has a 'strong white presence'... Hurray white priviledge. But I would worry about the same thing as the OP if I was going to study in Lagos.
Reply 25
Original post by Dubs_ski

****, they all must be then.

grow up...
Original post by ren100
lol...oh no :frown: it that dead there eh!! well I'll look on the bright side, probably be less detracted..lol

thanks for commenting :smile:

No probs, the keele union nights are good though.
Reply 27
Why not?
Reply 28
Why do I have to grow up? Looking at the comment I quoted in the context, it is obvious that it adds nothing to the convo. Neither does mine in all fairness... And neither does yours. :angry:

yea..it was just you being sarcastic about the add that I started on a serious note
Reply 29
Original post by Tobia_s

Original post by Tobia_s
Why not?

well..it might not be a multi cultural area....thats why...
Reply 30
Get involved with the ACS if you're worried about feeling out of place.
Reply 31
Original post by ren100
ok...how is she finding it???

I haven't asked her how it's like to be 'black and at Keele' but I'm sure she's not having any difficulties! I think you should chill out.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
****, they all must be then.

That's not what I meant.

By the way your signature is win.
Nope, black applicants take one look at Keele and think, "**** that!" :facepalm:

Of course there are going to be black students there, same as any other university.
Seven. There are seven.

my thoughts exactly.
Reply 35
Original post by ren100
well..it might not be a multi cultural area....thats why...

Fair enough.

I stand corrected :colone:
Reply 36
Take your moma to uni along with your super large 10-membered family.
Original post by modini
I'd like to think that society is now beyond staring at people of different skin colour.

but unfortunately its not
Original post by indecoroso
Bitch.

lol you saddo.
Reply 39
Original post by babygirl110
lol you saddo.

Grrrrrrrrr... I live in essex too:smile:, we can meet up, I promise I won't be a saddo, that will be left here.:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest