The Student Room Group

Cambridge? No thanks, it hasn't got a music scene: What 17-year-old rapper told top u

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Fair play. Be a shepherd not a sheep and all that but begs the questions....why apply?

I'm guessing he would have taken it if he'd not been accepted by the LSE, which was his preferred choice. This happens: statistically the LSE is for most courses the more popular institution.

Also, that's not what "beg:undefined: the question" means.
Reply 121
Choosing LSE over Cambridge, not a big deal
Reply 122
Fair play. Be a shepherd not a sheep and all that but begs the questions....why apply?

Why did you apply to universities other than Kent?
If he wasn't planning on going to Cambridge why did he even apply? Only wanted to get into the news, no doubt.
Original post by honoris
Why did you apply to universities other than Kent?

So I could go to them if I didn't get into Kent?? :lolwut:
So I could go to them if I didn't get into Kent?? :lolwut:

That's why he applied to Cambridge, so he could go there if he didn't get into the ones he preferred.
Original post by cambio wechsel
That's why he applied to Cambridge, so he could go there if he didn't get into the ones he preferred.

So, in essence, the article is pointless.
So, in essence, the article is pointless.

It's the Daily Mail.
Original post by Mangaka
Bet he can't rap for ****, good luck to him though. And yeah WTF is this in the news.

Original post by ily_em
Why is this in the news?

Because the Daily Mail does about 50% news, 50% non-news. You only need to look at their horrendous showbiz section to see such inspiring titles as "So-and-so stops and has lunch" "[insert famous name here] ties his shoes wrong". Tbf, this is a lot more newsworthy than about 40% of the ****e they print, although I agree it shouldn't be there anyway.
Reply 129
So much jealousy on this thread, its not a good look people, stop having a hissy fit just because he actually utilized his right to pick and choose between universities.

Oxbridge isnt the be all and end all, theres more to life, maybe your parents didnt teach you that :colonhash:
Oh, Daily Mail. I've been watching Ascot, and Kate Middleton's mum was in the royal procession. She wasn't, however in the same carriage as The Queen. Take a look at their frontpage headline.
(edited 12 years ago)
:toofunny:

"'I was accepted into all of my universities. Cambridge was my second choice. I chose LSE because the syllabus looks more interesting.'"

:rofl:

Oh Daily Fail, what WOULD we do without your horrendous journalism?
Reply 132
Original post by nibbler12
Ohhh dear we've gone down the "degree from x university is identical to degree from y university" route....

Do they teach the same stuff?
Original post by damos92
Do they teach the same stuff?

Well, in short.... no?
Original post by HandsomeLAD
He's a pagan. Watch him get shanked tomorrow in Bow lol

Common Nowdays everones says he a pagan.your a pagan,I'm a pagan,shes a pagan but do we know exactly what pagan means
Since people evidently didn't like my first point but won't take it up with me, I might as well write myself a little defence.
If he applied to Cambridge, happy to go to Cambridge but at the end of the day preferred the LSE - that's fine, that's normal, and I couldn't care less. If he applied to Cambridge only because it's 'Cambridge,' not because it's a university he actually likes, that's when my original comment comes into play. This is how the article made it sound.
Okay? :rolleyes:
Reply 136
Original post by nibbler12
Well, in short.... no?

So they are privy to secret knowledge then?

Are you insinuating that there's graduates out there who know stuff no other person does?
MC Franklyn. I enjoy that name.
Why did he apply if it has no music scene?

Scumbag.
More you talk about it, more the publicity works. Like all celebrity news, if you don't like it merely wave it off with the most powerful emotional tool known to humans - apathy. Let him fade into obscurity (I still can't remember his name, MC somethingorother)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending