The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kitebo
Me!

Cool! where are you going? And how long are you going for?

Oh, and how are you travelling? So many questions to ask!!!
Original post by Strüberry
Me too! First thing in the morning when the realisation dawns on me (AGAIN) and I think to myself: "Aaagh...£9,000 a year is a lot of money. What have I done? :cry2:" but then I remember that what is done is mother****ing done! No point worrying about it because we can't do anything other than make the best of our current situation. I reckon it's just the novelty of it and it'll wear off in a few weeks or months time when we get our offers (hopefully) and acclimatise fully to the concept of watching Jeremy Kyle day in day out. :zomg:

Ha yeah, revision and hard work is definitely a priority for me now. Are you retaking exams or have you got other plans for this year?

Hahaha definately!

Well like you, I'm gonna study like crazy until results. I'm a little confused as I think I'll be resitting an AS module and that can be done for January and I can go into the AS classes. However the A2 module resit would be in January and therefore I wouldn't get any help as the classes are in the second half of the year. I don't think I want to rush it, but I'd just love to have an unconditional after March :moon:

I'm actually looking forward to studying hard... :happy2: :ninja:

If things are done before March and I get unconditionals or conditionals I'm certain I'll obtain. Then I'll literally be doing what you're doing! Travel, Cooking, Working and saving up, Getting my license, Buying clothes..., Raiding IKEA :daydreaming:, Keeping up with French and advancing in Swedish. I can't wait :ahee:

Original post by Liam_G
Loving this thread :love:

You can feel so alone when everyone starts talking about going to University this year, but now I have people to talk to about not going :woo:

Those who are resitting in Jan for unconditionals, if you fail to get the grade again, will you be able to do another resit in June with everyone else? Or have you automatically missed your offer?

(preparing for the worst :colondollar:)

I know, it's like a little society for feeling good :h:

You'll probably be able to resit in June depending on if you're taking the full year. If you fail your college will probably allow you to carry on, I'd talk to your teachers when you start. But you're not going to have to resit in June Liam :wink:
Random UCAS question:

I moved schools in year 9. Would there be any point in putting my first secondary school down? Seeing as I didn't get any qualifications from there I wasn't going to bother but they might wonder why I left off the first two years of my Secondary education.
Original post by Beebumble
Random UCAS question:

I moved schools in year 9. Would there be any point in putting my first secondary school down? Seeing as I didn't get any qualifications from there I wasn't going to bother but they might wonder why I left off the first two years of my Secondary education.

Put it down. It'll take 2 minutes of your time and you won't be forever thinking you might be turned down from your favourite university because they thought you were hiding something.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Put it down. It'll take 2 minutes of your time and you won't be forever thinking you might be turned down from your favourite university because they thought you were hiding something.

Done it.:biggrin:
Original post by Liam_G
Loving this thread :love:

You can feel so alone when everyone starts talking about going to University this year, but now I have people to talk to about not going :woo:

Those who are resitting in Jan for unconditionals, if you fail to get the grade again, will you be able to do another resit in June with everyone else? Or have you automatically missed your offer?

Oops didn't see this! You have until August 31st 2012 to meet your offer requirements. It doesn't matter if you miss it in March as long as you resit them again in June and get the required grades. Get it all finished before the end of August and you're fine. :h:
Original post by angelic03
I'm applying again while I'm doing the 1st year course of the offer I have, the fees are worth the price this time hopefully I will get offers.....

Same here. What uni/course would that be, out of interest?

Despite getting 90% UMS in all of my summer exams (AAB overall), i missed out by a grand total of 3 UMS because OCR heavily marked down my coursework. Its been a week and i'm finally starting to stop feeling sorry for myself and accept whats happened. For all i know, i may like the uni i'm going to :smile:
Original post by Beebumble
Done it.:biggrin:

Good.:biggrin:
Reply 3048
Well hopefully 2012's application will end better than 2011's :biggrin:
Reply 3049
Original post by dr.phalange
I'm doing this. As it stands I'm waiting for my priority remarks to come back, but I totally agree - I see no point in going to my insurance. I know I want my firm, and I'm willing to wait an extra year to go there :-)

A year in your life is nothing, if it gets you where you want to be.:hugs:

THIS. :biggrin:
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Im seriously so pissed off about my AS, BCC and I'm aiming for AAB.

SO annoyed atm

Aww dont be...I got ABCC so mine arent much better...coudl you have achieved the AAB predictions or was it too high? Resit if you like!

Original post by Ree69
Reapplying for entry in 2012 for Maths and Econ after finishing my A2s and just slipping through my insurance uni. A*A*BB in Maths, Econ, FM, Physics. Probably gonna resit some modules in FM.

:O What was your insurance if you have 2A*s??
Does anyone hace a link to the grade boundries for UMS points instead of raw marks...? I cant find one... thanks :smile:
Is anyone thinking of applying to their hoemtown unis? What with the increase in tuition fees i think it'll become more popular but i dont know whether i want to move away or not?
Original post by carnationlilyrose
But rarely the other way round! (Let's hope....)

:O Yes i hope so!!!!!!! I'd be a bit scared if an actor became a midwife for the day.....

Original post by VickyDoodle
I'm not looking forward to all my UCAS/ "this is your final year so be a good example/it's really important/THIS IS YOUR FUTURE" talks tomorrow. :frown:

Anyone else going back to school in the morning? D:

Good luck!! Im sure they'll only be one message from tomorrow just said 1000 ways: do your best, dont party and revise hard, get the results necessary or you wont go to uni......
enjoy :smile: haha

NO!! I dont go back until 5th :biggrin:
Original post by VickyDoodle
I'll be nearly halfway through term by then!
Shoulda picked a different 6th form :eek:

:O When did you start??? :frown:

Original post by Debbie_xx
Can't believe that it has got to the point where i am registered with UCAS and have written a draft of a personal statement!- scary stuff.. :O

I know!!! Im so scared!!! Within 3 months most people will have applied then cant do any more except get the necessary grades...they did say year 12 would zoom by!!!! But they also say year 13 will be quicker.... :O

Im soo scared for A level results day already!!!
Original post by ovs300
I am taking a gap year and so am applying for 2012 entry having finished my A-levels. I got an A* in economics, an A in maths and a B in chemistry so I am really confused as to what courses I can/should apply for because no universities offer standard requirements of A*AB. My question is could I apply to courses with AAA requirements?

Ooh interesting....did you think of applying this september (2011) what with the fee increases?
Well done on your A levels by the way :smile:
You could apply to AAB unis but some unis are picky about equivelant points and will accept people who got the actual grades first....
I think you should either email the uni or choose one that just goes on points so grades dont matter...
Good luck!
Original post by .snowflake.
O_o. Christ, so I live REALLY north in your opinion then!

:O Same with me!!! York is very northen but us northeners are harder than the southerners and can cope with extreme/colder werather better so maybe they wont be able to cope......hahaha :tongue:
This is just funny:

My friend who lives in england thought she could apply to a scottish uni to not pay any fees....until i told her that you have to have lived in scotland to get that!!!!!

Ahh......:tongue: :colondollar:
Reply 3058
Original post by BeccaCath94

:O What was your insurance if you have 2A*s??

Nottingham - AAA
Original post by Ree69
Nottingham - AAA

And you didnt get in??

Latest

Trending

Trending