The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MostCompetitive
I couldn't agree more.

I'm going to watch the 2005 Aamir-Rani starrer 'The Rising: Ballad Of Mangal Pandey' today. I seem to have developed a thing for period pieces.

Seen anything worth talking about recently?

I was watching Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna a couple of days ago. I had time back tried to watch it but found it really boring so stopped in the middle. So I thought might as well watch it because it was a big film, but I thought it was a flop lol

Songs were amazing, the film didn't really do much for me. REALLY REALLY predictable as well.
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
I was watching Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna a couple of days ago. I had time back tried to watch it but found it really boring so stopped in the middle. So I thought might as well watch it because it was a big film, but I thought it was a flop lol

Songs were amazing, the film didn't really do much for me. REALLY REALLY predictable as well.

It does get a little predictable towards the end, and it won't appeal to every audience by any stretch of the imagination. I just thought it was a little bit too long. The cinematography is just wow and it has been well made and scripted. I also think the subject matter has been handled well. The music is awesome. It did receive mixed reviews from Indian critics and didn't perform as well in India, but it did very well in this country, in the US, and in other overseas countries. I think all of that was because it's not your usual Bollywood film. It did, however, win and was nominated for both filmfare and IIFA awards, and I think rightly so. I'd give it a solid 8/10, just because it's a different kind of love story that has been well made with very good cinematography, amazing music and good performances.
(edited 12 years ago)
It does get a little predictable towards the end, and it won't appeal to every audience by any stretch of the imagination. I just thought it was a little bit too long. The cinematography is just wow and it has been well made and scripted. I also think the subject matter has been handled well. The music is awesome. It did receive mixed reviews from Indian critics and didn't perform as well in India, but it did very well in this country, in the US, and in other overseas countries. I think all of that was because it's not your usual Bollywood film. It did, however, win and was nominated for both filmfare and IIFA awards, and I think rightly so. I'd give it a solid 8/10, just because it's a different kind of love story that has been well made with very good cinematography, amazing music and good performances.

It was a different film, but they could have gone more deeper into Abhishek and Preity's characters like they did to Rani and SRK's which IMO would have portrayed the issue better and from both points of view.
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
It was a different film, but they could have gone more deeper into Abhishek and Preity's characters like they did to Rani and SRK's which IMO would have portrayed the issue better and from both points of view.

Fair point.

Recommendation: 'Sarkar' (2005) directed by Ram Gopal Varma.

RGV at his best and some great performances.

I watched and enjoyed 'The rising: Ballad of Mangal Pandey' yesterday. A triumph for YRF.
NEWS: 'Teri Meri' from Bodyguard takes over the number 1 spot on the British asian legal downloads chart by knocking PBN's 'Fitteh Moo' off the top . 'Rabba' from Mausam was one of the new entries this week and 'Desi Beat' and 'Acha Lagta Hai' move up to well within the top 20 while 'I love you' stays comfortably inside the top 20, and tracks like 'Hal-e-dil' and 'Senorita' are still doing well inside the top 20. Also this is the 17th week 'Character Dheela' has been in the charts and it has never been below 25 in all that time, and has been in the top 10 several times.Impressive considering that the vast majority of tracks aren't bollywood (bhangra etc) week after week.
(edited 12 years ago)
New promos:

Kareena looks good in 'Teri Meri' love her sarees :biggrin:

Madhubala from Mere Brother Ki Dulhan:

Original post by KaRiShM4a
New promos:

Kareena looks good in 'Teri Meri' love her sarees :biggrin:

Madhubala from Mere Brother Ki Dulhan:

First one stands out. Good costumes and it has been very cleverly done, with everything going well with the lyrics. The music is great too. Still, I'm looking forward to MBKD to see if Imran Khan can take advantage of his position post Delhi Belly fame.
Reply 3527
Some nice songs I've come across lately :holmes:

I especially like the first two.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Deshi
Some nice songs I've come across lately :holmes:

I especially like the first two.

Good work. All of them are nice.

There is a very interesting film coming out next week on Eid along with Salman-Kareena starrer Bodyguard. It's called BOL and surprisingly features singer Atif Aslam amongst others. It might not get a mainstream release in the UK like the biggies, but it definitely looks like a powerful piece of cinema.

Two Atif Aslam tracks below. The film for the first one, 'Race' (2008), has a bunch of a-listers and is definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

(edited 12 years ago)
2 more promos :smile:
Don't if you guys heard the song 'Chamak Chhalo' that was leaked ages ago from Ra.One sang by Akon but here's a very short promo:

And a new song from Mausam - Ik Tu Hi'

Original post by KaRiShM4a
2 more promos :smile:
Don't if you guys heard the song 'Chamak Chhalo' that was leaked ages ago from Ra.One sang by Akon but here's a very short promo:

And a new song from Mausam - Ik Tu Hi'

The 'chamak challo' track is quite interesting. Although I don't think SRK suits the whole superhero thing, I'm still looking forward to seeing what he can do in that kind of unfamiliar territory.

From the Mausam soundtrack, 'Rabba' (Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's version, but it won't be the one used in the film for some reason) is the best track. This one's pretty good too though. What really caught my eye when I saw that promo is the cinematography. Why did they make 2 versions of 'Rabba' though?

'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', Ready and Bodyguard - the only really good and complete soundtracks released this year. In fact, all of the songs from those 3 films entered the charts.

Going to catch Bodyguard on Wednesday. It's the first foreign film to release mid-week over here.

Teri Meri has stayed at number 1 on the BBC asian charts.
(edited 12 years ago)
Agneepath trailer:

The 'chamak challo' track is quite interesting. Although I don't think SRK suits the whole superhero thing, I'm still looking forward to seeing what he can do in that kind of unfamiliar territory.

From the Mausam soundtrack, 'Rabba' (Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's version, but it won't be the one used in the film for some reason) is the best track. This one's pretty good too though. What really caught my eye when I saw that promo is the cinematography. Why did they make 2 versions of 'Rabba' though?

'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', Ready and Bodyguard - the only really good and complete soundtracks released this year. In fact, all of the songs from those 3 films entered the charts.

Going to catch Bodyguard on Wednesday. It's the first foreign film to release mid-week over here.

Teri Meri has stayed at number 1 on the BBC asian charts.

I wish they featured Akon in the video with Kareena but oh well :frown: Don't know why there's two versions of Rabba but I actually prefer the original one lol.

Let me know what Bodyguard is like :smile: read a review and it's sounding really good, might actually enjoy a Salman Khan movie after a long time.
Finally the extended version of Chamak Chhalo :biggrin: Kareena looks nice and SRK.. Oh dear!

Theatrical trailer of 'The Dirty Picture'

Theatrical trailer of 'Rockstar'

Reply 3534
Kareena looks amazing as usual, but WHAT is srk wearing?
I do love Salman, and have done for ages. It's so biased and blind sometimes haha, but I guess that comes with being a fan. Only ever happens when I see him as well - it's not like a round-the-clock obsession. :colondollar:
Reply 3536
Bol is an amazing film :emo:
Salman Khan is definitely one of my favourite actors now, after I saw the amazing film that is Bodyguard. :biggrin: I'm interested to see what kind of action film he comes up with next!

What did you guys think of the promotional poster for Ek Tha Tiger?
http://yashrajfilms.com/Movies/MovieIndividual.aspx?MovieID=2e7696eb-3d4c-4de8-bf10-b8ada2ba52b9

Also, I think SRK looks quite menacing in the new trailer for Don 2... can't wait to see that one! :smile:

.... (Along with MBKD, Rockstar, Ra. One, Mausam, Agneepath, Barfee, etc.) :biggrin:
Reply 3538
Bodyguard:
Wednesday collection- 21.5 Crore
Thursday collection- 19 Crore
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3539
Original post by filmfreak123
Haha I want you guys to check out this tiny clip I made.. it's a mock of indian soap operas., specially kyuki saas.. haha watch and tell me what you'll think!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVGl4e95Skg

OMG I loved the villainous music with the slow-motion when the mother walks in. That's so true of indian soaps! Haha good one.

Quick Reply

Latest