University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Onique
Ah OK, Thank You!
Strange how the teachers mark it though, a bit unfair really.

Give them a call.
Looking at the system it's quite strange.
They may take that into consideration?

I just found this one : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=498358
Should be alright? :colondollar:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by thefine
I just found this one : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=498358
Should be alright? :colondollar:

Is that about 67% then?
Yes, it is a pain. You would have thought the most up to date prospectus would give the right info. Oh well. Kent is likely to be my highest offer, if they give me one and I really want to go there. I would be really happy if they gave me an offer of, say, 360 points in total including an A and a B at A level. I would still have to work really hard to attain this but it would be a much more reasonsble offer for me to achieve.
Original post by Obsidian
Not much that I can do now as I have already sent it off- reassuring to know that if I did drop a grade it is possible that they will still let me in :biggrin:
Thanks for letting me know. I really really really wish Unis wouldn't do this. Say one grade and then give out another. Durham University have also raised their entry requirements (luckily before I put an application in)

Hoping that I will get the AAB regardless but you never know!

Thanks again,
Obsidian

Sorry, meant to copy you into my last post as a reply to yours above. I quite liked Hull too. Really versatile course but much further away
Reply 124
Applied for Comparative Literature and Philosophy. ABB
Good luck to everyone who has applied :biggrin:
Reply 125
Original post by wisey9
Applied for Comparative Literature and Philosophy. ABB
Good luck to everyone who has applied :biggrin:

Hear back from anyone yet? :smile:
Im applying to do MDrama and Theatree! Anyone else?
Reply 127
Original post by Onique
Hear back from anyone yet? :smile:

nope :frown: nothing back from any of the choices :frown: , but UCAS having sent me a login for track , making me more nervous! what about you ? :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by wisey9
nope :frown: nothing back from any of the choices :frown: , but UCAS having sent me a login for track , making me more nervous! what about you ? :smile:

Nothing yet.. just acknowledgements.
But they will ask me for a portfolio first so I'm not too worried :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by Onique
Nothing yet.. just acknowledgements.
But they will ask me for a portfolio first so I'm not too worried :smile:

ahh thats ok then :smile: .. ohh im confused regarding the definition of acknowledgements .. do you know the usual time people get offers ? :smile:
Reply 130
Original post by wisey9
ahh thats ok then :smile: .. ohh im confused regarding the definition of acknowledgements .. do you know the usual time people get offers ? :smile:

I've hear Kent takes ages to give offers, for most departments it's after deadline.
I'm classing acknowledgement as they have sent me an email to say they have it or given me a log in to their website to track my application :smile:
Reply 131
Original post by Onique
I've hear Kent takes ages to give offers, for most departments it's after deadline.
I'm classing acknowledgement as they have sent me an email to say they have it or given me a log in to their website to track my application :smile:

ahh right .. well thats good to hear :') they just want to make us more anxious damn them ! .. and ahh right that is a decent definition ,, its confusing when some people say it means you will get a decision within a week . Grey area or what ! :smile:
Original post by jaydemikaela
Last year I applied on 8th October and got an offer on 5th November :smile:

I see you study A&F at Kent! I want to go there. Can you tell me what the atmosphere is like? Also what is your weekly schedule like? How are the lectures and seminars? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't been able to find a post on it.
Thanks!
Reply 133
Original post by wisey9
ahh right .. well thats good to hear :') they just want to make us more anxious damn them ! .. and ahh right that is a decent definition ,, its confusing when some people say it means you will get a decision within a week . Grey area or what ! :smile:

Lol I haven't heard the decision in a week thing before, strange...
Reply 134
Original post by Onique
Lol I haven't heard the decision in a week thing before, strange...

i know .. its apparently down to also where you have applied , where have you applied to ? :smile:
Reply 135
Original post by wisey9
i know .. its apparently down to also where you have applied , where have you applied to ? :smile:

Cambridge, Kent, Nottingham, Edinburgh for Architecture.
What about you?
Reply 136
Original post by Onique
Cambridge, Kent, Nottingham, Edinburgh for Architecture.
What about you?

wow nice! :smile: im presuming the top choice would be Cambridge?
And , UEA , Glasgow , Sheffield , Essex , Kent. English Lit and Philosophy :smile:
Reply 137
Original post by wisey9
wow nice! :smile: im presuming the top choice would be Cambridge?
And , UEA , Glasgow , Sheffield , Essex , Kent. English Lit and Philosophy :smile:

If I got in :colondollar:
I looked at Sheffield and Glasgow as well ^^ Still have one more place to fill. Don't know where though.
Which would be your first?
Reply 138
Original post by Onique
If I got in :colondollar:
I looked at Sheffield and Glasgow as well ^^ Still have one more place to fill. Don't know where though.
Which would be your first?

well with a specific course like that , if you are great , i am sure you will stand out :biggrin: ,, and ahh yeh , they are great unis :smile: more about the great tutors to be honest :smile: , throw either of them in :smile: , and it is between UEA and Sheffield to be honest :smile:
Reply 139
Original post by wisey9
well with a specific course like that , if you are great , i am sure you will stand out :biggrin: ,, and ahh yeh , they are great unis :smile: more about the great tutors to be honest :smile: , throw either of them in :smile: , and it is between UEA and Sheffield to be honest :smile:

I might just flip a coin, haha.
Ah cool, deciding later then?

I like sheffield. I just didn't like the hill to the accommodation, I'm quite lazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending