The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
I'm still not sent off :mad: went to send application and not enough in my account. Need to wait for a cheque to clear. PITA! Do applicants get equal consideration if we apply by the deadline, like in undergraduate? I'm getting anxious!!!

I'm afraid it's more of a first come first serve basis. They only give out as many offers as they have places, as unlike undergrad only one uni at a time has your details, so there's no insurance choice
Reply 161
i've become addicted to gttr track. even rang the uni there and they said theyve been updating the application system. grrr im so impatient hahaa.
For the interview at Newcastle they ask to talk about introducing a starter topic for 5 mins. Anybody got any experience of this?!

Anyone know any good starter topics?!
Reply 163
Original post by Isrealjohnston
For the interview at Newcastle they ask to talk about introducing a starter topic for 5 mins. Anybody got any experience of this?!

Anyone know any good starter topics?!
Subject?
Reply 164
Original post by L.K
Hiya,

I applied for PGCE Primary.

Choices: Middlesex (and still deciding my second choice between london met and Herts uni...any advice??)

Paid and sent app on 9/10/11 on GTTR and received acknowledgement email from middx on 17/10/11 but haven't heard anything else as yet :frown:

Anyone heard from Middx yet on interviews?????

Hiya,

I applied to Middx too :smile: sent mine off on 14/10/11 and got an email today inviting me for an interview next week :eek: better start preparing!
Reply 165
Subject: Secondary PGCE ICT and Applied ICT

Universities: Nottingham Trent University

Date Sent: In the process of sending it
Original post by ykh24
You applied to exactly the same places as me, and I too have an interview at Derby on the same date :smile:

Congrats! I'll see you there then! I'm already so nervous! Where abouts will you be travelling from?
Original post by L.K
Hiya,

I applied for PGCE Primary.

Choices: Middlesex (and still deciding my second choice between london met and Herts uni...any advice??)

Paid and sent app on 9/10/11 on GTTR and received acknowledgement email from middx on 17/10/11 but haven't heard anything else as yet :frown:

Anyone heard from Middx yet on interviews?????

Original post by demzii
Hiya,

I applied to Middx too :smile: sent mine off on 14/10/11 and got an email today inviting me for an interview next week :eek: better start preparing!

Snap :smile: Mine was only sent to them of Monday, so still waiting for an acknowledgement.
Reply 168
Original post by Sarang_assa
Congrats! I'll see you there then! I'm already so nervous! Where abouts will you be travelling from?

Congrats to you too :smile: ! I'm nervous too, but glad that we have a while to prepare! I live in Derby so not too far to travel. You?
Subject is history mate! Any help would be great.
Hi everyone,

I sent my application for Primary PGCE about a week ago and I got a letter today inviting me for interview at Southampton. Anyone else got an interview there? I'm dead nervous about the presentation on a current educational issue - just not sure which way to go. Also totally undecided on what to wear. Could play it safe but I feel that there's the opportunity to inject a bit of personality into my outfit too.

Good luck everyone!
Original post by AprilOneil
Subject: PGCE Primary

Universitys: Edge Hill, Liverpool Hope, University of Manchester, Manchester Met

Date Sent: 10th October :smile:

I finished my application and have now sent the reference request- is it a case of checking back on Apply to see when your reference has been completed, and do you pay after this? My head is mashed, it's all I've thought about for weeks! :redface:

Good luck everyone!!!

Hey, how did you apply to four universities for primary??
Original post by doingmybest
It's my second year applying, however last year I made the silly mistake of applying for PGCE History when it was not what I really wanted. Hopefully, I'll have more luck this year, knowing exactly what I want to do! Good luck everyone :smile:

Subject: PGCE Primary

Universities: Roehampton University and the University of East London.

Date Sent: To GTTR on 17/10/2011.

Hi,

I just felt compelled to say hello because your post could have been written by me! I did the same last year, graduated with a History degree, applied for PGCE and after a few months of working in a school realised that it wasn't for me at all! I'm so glad I realised before it was too late though. Did you get offered a place last year? Good luck with your application!

:-)
Reply 173
Hi there! I've applied to a couple of courses as well...

Subject: Primary Education and Modern Studies (though have my fingers crossed for Primary Education!)

Universities: Edinburgh and Glasgow for Primary Education, and Glasgow for Modern Studies

Date sent: 8th Nov, mainly because I had to wait a few weeks for my reference

Good luck everyone! Let's hope we hear soon! :smile:
Woo!

Subject: Primary PGCE
Choices: UeL, LSBU
Date Sent: 9/11/11

:biggrin:

Please let me in please let me in please let me in!!!!!
Reply 175
Loads of Primary people... it's true what they say!
Reply 176
Original post by demzii
Hiya,

Me too!! :biggrin: I'm soo happy but yea it's rly rly short notice so yea it will be nothing but prepping for me from now!
Original post by bionic07
Loads of Primary people... it's true what they say!

To be fair, there are around 7,000 more primary pgce places than secondary pgce places. :smile:
Well mine finally got sent off this week!

Subject: Secondary Drama PGCE
Choices: Aber, UWIC, Birmingham, Devon SCITT
Date Sent: 8/11/11

Got an email today from Aber saying they had recieved my application. Waiting for the welcome pack from GTTR.

I've got a question for you guys, I'm guessing people who have applied before might be able answer the best, but does anybody know what happens if you are offered an interview and can't make the date? Can you get it changed? I'm just getting paraniod that if I am offered an interview it will be when I have an exam or something and I have quite far to travel!

x
Reply 179
Subject: Primary Early Years (X110)

University: UEA

Date Sent: 12th Nov

Interview: 11th Jan

Decision: Conditional!!!! Received on 10th Feb

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to chat to anyone else on the course :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending