The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

I've been staring out of the window for the past three hours. I'm like a dog waiting for its owner to come home.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ahh chose to wait to get this as i'm still playing Oblivion at the moment(first time) and with Skyward Sword coming out next week.

Must resist temptation....
Original post by Facticity
Friends convinced me to go midnight launch despite knowing full well I had work early today. Bought it on the spot and proceeded to play well into the night :facepalm2:

Map is a nice cloth texture. The lock picking is much improved, mirrors fallout. The AI really is vastly improved, conversations feel natural and unscripted and movement is much more fluid in and out of combat. Combat is hugely improved and I am loving thr spells as per my usual Dark Elf. For some reason I made a female character but there you go.

Overall, its purely awesome. Running it on pc on high settings and full HD. Can make ultra however the game becomes choppy and tbh the difference isn't huge enough for me to want it in Exchange for game fluidity.

Off to work now... didnt sleep a whole lot and despite what my body is saying, it probably won't get to bed until late either for the same reason it has been up...

May upload some HD screens later if people wana have a look see.

You are one of those "strange" gamers I see?:biggrin:

On a side note, it just arrived and I had no problem actively jumping up in a victory pose while my over six feet of height conspired to make me whack my hand on the door frame. :frown:
Reply 2103
Original post by RyanT
Was playing it till 2:30 this morning. Realised a mage doesn't really suit my playing style so replaying the start as a race better suited for being a warrior :biggrin:

Beautiful game though, the graphics were making me goggy eyed on low settings.

I think you missed the point of the levelling system on this one.
Original post by tufc
I can't get the Dark Brotherhood courier to come...I've been to that kid, and

Spoiler

, but the courier just won't come! HELP!

Spoiler

Will be buying Skyrim this evening. I put so many hours into Oblivion. This is the first game I've bought in ages!
What race is everyone going for? I went through Oblivion as a Dark Elf. I don't like to limit myself with one style of play, but I prefer using a sword with the odd spell etc. What race best suits that style of play?
Original post by CountMancula
Will be buying Skyrim this evening. I put so many hours into Oblivion. This is the first game I've bought in ages!
What race is everyone going for?

I'm always the human looking ones, in any game.

Wouldn't say that was racist or anything. :pierre:
Anyone playing this on a machine with a dual-core processor? I have a decent graphics card (GTX 560 Ti) but my motherboard is old so I'm stuck with an overclocked E8200, and I can't afford to get a new motherboard and quad-core at the moment. What kind of settings could I expect with that CPU and GPU (with 4GB RAM)?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I'm always the human looking ones, in any game.

Wouldn't say that was racist or anything. :pierre:

Political! What so like Nord/Imperial?
Reply 2109
Original post by King_Duncan
Anyone playing this on a machine with a dual-core processor? I have a decent graphics card (GTX 560 Ti) but my motherboard is old so I'm stuck with an overclocked E8200, and I can't afford to get a new motherboard and quad-core at the moment. What kind of settings could I expect with that CPU and GPU (with 4GB RAM)?

Take a look at this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-benchmark,3074-9.html

Seems that a bad CPU could be a bit of a bottleneck, but I don't know how an E8200 will compare...

I wan't a new computer...
Reply 2110
Original post by CountMancula
What race is everyone going for? I went through Oblivion as a Dark Elf. I don't like to limit myself with one style of play, but I prefer using a sword with the odd spell etc. What race best suits that style of play?

I'm hoping race doesn't affect it much.. I wan't to play a mage-thief nord
Reply 2111
Original post by Mess.
I pressed that and despite it bring dispatched it doesn't track it :sigh:

I thought this too until yesterday, there is a little track button on view order details page or something like that. Trust me it is there, find it :smile:

Assuming Asda...
Reply 2112
Original post by King_Duncan

The game engine isn't really optimised for more than 2 threads so you should be ok. Not sure about the E8200 though. Quick look at Anands Bench would suggest you'd be ok at med/high settings.
Reply 2113
Installing on PS3 now :teeth: Woman at the place you pickup packages on campus was all, "no you have to wait until there is a slip put through your postbox until you can come here to collect your delivery, I can't look through them on the off chance it has been delivered" me: "I know it's been delivered, it was signed for at 10.36am" her: "... What's your surname?"

:awesome:

Also, for anyone wondering about the most important thing, the new game smell is incredible :coma:

(And the premium map is cool)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2114

Take that bitch! :biggrin:

[that's the game on its lowest graphics setting]

Counter-strike is paying off with loads of headshots, although I am perplexed at how a bandit with two arrows in his face can still attack me ( a bit further along from this screenie).

Original post by Aust1n
I think you missed the point of the levelling system on this one.

It was the wrong race.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
What number do you use to track on dpd?

There's a direct link to track on the Asda order summary.

I think my copy's arrived, though it'll be this evening when I can actually give it a go...
Finally got round to picking it up from the Royal Mail depot, love the official game guide that came with it :smile: 656 pages of pure facts, stats, maps, hidden locations and quests. With games like this it really bugs me if I miss anything out, thus it'll be nice to review the huge pull out map that came with it to search for any secondary locations I might have missed.

Bid ye all farewell time to play the game :biggrin:
Copy game this morning thanks to ShopTo! :biggrin:
Been playing for about an hour but its giving me a headache, my dark elf looks pretty badass through I must say :cool:
Reply 2118
Original post by tface

Original post by tface
I thought this too until yesterday, there is a little track button on view order details page or something like that. Trust me it is there, find it :smile:

Assuming Asda...

Original post by Illusionary
There's a direct link to track on the Asda order summary.

I think my copy's arrived, though it'll be this evening when I can actually give it a go...

I knew where the direct link on the page was :p: When I was clicking on the link it was saying my order couldn't be found which is why I was wondering if there was a number I was meant to type in.
It did update eventually though, about 1 hour before it arrived :mmm: Alas, I am still in work so cannot get round to playing it until about 18:30 :sad: and I am away for the whole weekend :sad:
Just bought it, whacked it in the computer, type in the authorization code, then BLAM!:

Error-"Steam server are too busy to handle your request."

It then proceeds to install 5000mb of something (I'm guessing a patch??) but it hasn't actually installed the game off the disk yet.

Is this normal? 5000mb seems rather a lot.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest