The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Original post by turbocharged
Bradley and Chavez Jr are both duckers, and Cleverly won't fight Hopkins, he's too scared to fight anyone with a pulse.
I don't know why you'd want to see Haye - Tarver, Tarver isn't a heavyweight. Haye versus any of the British prospects (Fury/Price/Chisora) would be far more interesting.

Haye vs any of the other british heavyweights would be a joke, he'd flatten all of them, the only one whod put up a good fight would be del boy.
Rumour has it that Floyd Mayweather is ducking Paulie Malignagi.

What do you guys think?
Reply 4002
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Rumour has it that Floyd Mayweather is ducking Paulie Malignagi.

What do you guys think?

you troll :o:eek::eek:

Original post by ijaz
you troll :o:eek::eek:

lol i swear down thats what i heard from my mate.
Original post by ijaz
Haye vs any of the other british heavyweights would be a joke, he'd flatten all of them, the only one whod put up a good fight would be del boy.

I reckon Haye beats Fury (Fury is way too raw) but I reckon Price beats Haye, Haye struggled to get on the inside against Valuev and Klitschko, and Price's height will cause real problems for Haye, Price is another Klitschko in the making IMO, plus he has real power and Haye's chin isn't the best.

Haye - Chisora would be a real war, I genuinely couldn't call that one, it's a 50/50 clash I think.
Reply 4005
Bob Arum is a ****

And Pacquiao is a punk ducking Mayweather "Oh my promoter will decide my fight for me", I thought this guy was supposed to be a senator, absolutely spineless I've lost all respect for him and his legacy is going down the drain with him backing out of this challenge from Floyd
Forget Mayweather - Pacquiao, Audley Harrison's comeback has been confirmed.
He's fighting Ali Adams, a British-based Iraqi with a record of 13-3-1, who's ranked number 221 on Boxrec. If Audley doesn't win that, I think he re-defines the term "laughing stock".
Reply 4007
Forget Mayweather - Pacquiao, Audley Harrison's comeback has been confirmed.
He's fighting Ali Adams, a British-based Iraqi with a record of 13-3-1, who's ranked number 221 on Boxrec. If Audley doesn't win that, I think he re-defines the term "laughing stock".

Fraudley haha.
Wouldnt mind gettin paid 1 million for standing in a ring without throwing a punch for 3 rounds and gettin knocked out. :tongue:
Vitali vs derek chisora faceoff was quite good. Del boy seems very determined although the fact that he said he doesnt study his opponents is worrying. lets hope he comes into the fight with something other than what he usually does because thats not only what vitali expects but also most boxing fans and i think if he does come into the ring and tries to throw looping punches to the head, hes gonna be in for a tough night. I say he should go for the body with this one.

looking forward to it. Mark 18th feb in your diary!
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Vitali vs derek chisora faceoff was quite good. Del boy seems very determined although the fact that he said he doesnt study his opponents is worrying. lets hope he comes into the fight with something other than what he usually does because thats not only what vitali expects but also most boxing fans and i think if he does come into the ring and tries to throw looping punches to the head, hes gonna be in for a tough night. I say he should go for the body with this one.

looking forward to it. Mark 18th feb in your diary!

More interesting were Chisora's attempts at coming on to Vitali, including revealing that he's bisexual. "I swing both ways, playa" :eek::biggrin:

On a serious note, I think Chisora is Vitali's toughest opponent since Lennox, but his chances are still slim. He fought well on the inside against Helenius, but Vitali's jab is absolutely terrifying (he nearly KO'd Adamek with it lol) and I think Chisora will have real trouble getting inside with a jab like that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4010
More interesting were Chisora's attempts at coming on to Vitali, including revealing that he's bisexual. "I swing both ways, playa" :eek::biggrin:

On a serious note, I think Chisora is Vitali's toughest opponent since Lennox, but his chances are still slim. He fought well on the inside against Helenius, but Vitali's jab is absolutely terrifying (he nearly KO'd Adamek with it lol) and I think Chisora will have real trouble getting inside with a jab like that.

Loool. Yeh...It felt a bit uncomfortable at that point.

I don't think Chisora is Vitali's toughest opponent. I think even Solis is better than Chisora.

I reckon Chisora will be KOed.
Reply 4011
Happy 70th Ali, you're the world's greatest :adore:
Original post by Rgman27
Loool. Yeh...It felt a bit uncomfortable at that point.

I don't think Chisora is Vitali's toughest opponent. I think even Solis is better than Chisora.

I reckon Chisora will be KOed.

Solis never beat anyone decent though, Chisora has a win (and yes, he did win) against Helenius.
I also reckon Chisora will be KO'd, but as we know Chisora can fight on the inside, it should be an interesting one.
Reply 4013
Solis never beat anyone decent though, Chisora has a win (and yes, he did win) against Helenius.
I also reckon Chisora will be KO'd, but as we know Chisora can fight on the inside, it should be an interesting one.

Well, I think everyone would agree that the Helenius fight was a joke. It is a good thing that Vitali overlooked the sham and gave the fight to Chisora.

Anyway, Solis has fought good competition when he was an amateur. I know a good amateur pedigree does not necessarily make him a good pro. However, it can still be an important indication. Also, I have seen him fight and he has good movement to get on the inside.

Also, I have seen him fight, and I thought he was fairly good. Better than Chisora anyway. Hopefully, it will be a good fight and Chisora turns up in good shape.
Original post by Rgman27
Well, I think everyone would agree that the Helenius fight was a joke. It is a good thing that Vitali overlooked the sham and gave the fight to Chisora.

Anyway, Solis has fought good competition when he was an amateur. I know a good amateur pedigree does not necessarily make him a good pro. However, it can still be an important indication. Also, I have seen him fight and he has good movement to get on the inside.

Also, I have seen him fight, and I thought he was fairly good. Better than Chisora anyway. Hopefully, it will be a good fight and Chisora turns up in good shape.

Yeah Chisora will turn up in shape for this one, he only failed to for the Fury fight because he just didn't care about fighting Fury for some reason.
I think Mike Perez, the Cuban-Irish prospect, is better than Chisora anyway, he fights in a similar way but he's much faster. Hope he gets a decent promoter soon who can get him some big fights.
Reply 4015
Original post by Rgman27

Amateur pedigree is a very bad indicator, Fraudley won. Sam Peter who was world champion lost to paolo vidiz who is operating at euroean level.
Frankie gavin, world amateur champion just managed to win against an ex footballer in curtis woodhouse.
Original post by ijaz
Amateur pedigree is a very bad indicator, Fraudley won. Sam Peter who was world champion lost to paolo vidiz who is operating at euroean level.
Frankie gavin, world amateur champion just managed to win against an ex footballer in curtis woodhouse.

It's not a "very bad" indicator. Plenty of world class amateurs go on to become world class pros.
If you look at the 2004 gold medallists, Gamboa, Ward and Povetkin are all world champions, and Khan who won silver has also done very well.
What the heck is going on in the Amir Khan debacle. They've now withdrawn their appeal. Really confusing??

in memory of the great ali
Original post by Nabster_88
What the heck is going on in the Amir Khan debacle. They've now withdrawn their appeal. Really confusing??

They've withdrawn because they felt the IBF hearing would be one-sided as Michael Welsh and Joe Cooper (referee) wouldn't be present. The man in the hat has finally spoken about what he was actually doing on fight night, still shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Because the WBA have ordered a re-match, Khan's banking on that but Petersen apparently will appeal against their decision also. They've offered Petersen a 50/50 split to make a rematch. Lamont should take it and run, Khan brings in the more money between them, great offer.

Latest