The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by missmomo
Yeah, I vaguely remember them saying something about it in my interview. I got a letter from GTTR about a week after I accepted my offer with the email address of an admissions tutor, basically saying I had to email her confirming my intention to actually take my place. I asked her about health and CRB checks and she said we'd be getting a mailing through explaining how to obtain them. That was about a week ago and I still haven't got anything, but given that I didn't have to accept my offer until 28th January, I'm not too worried about that.

Oh that's alright, I only accepted my offer on the 25th of January so I should be receiving a letter soon then if its the same as you which I'm assuming it will be. I think the CRB check has to be in place a few months before we start, think the tutor said something like that at my interview. Are you excited?
Anyone who has gained a place at THE UNIVERSITY OF PLYMOUTH 2012-2013 PGCE

here is the facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/179232195515816/
Reply 322
Original post by NatKatt
I know I just asked this question to Matt doing Drama, but what are you thinking about for accommodation?

Hi :smile: I'm possibly going to be living with a friend of my aunts. If that falls through I'll be looking at shared housing, ideally with other PGCE'ers!
Reply 323
Original post by Coop06
Oh that's alright, I only accepted my offer on the 25th of January so I should be receiving a letter soon then if its the same as you which I'm assuming it will be. I think the CRB check has to be in place a few months before we start, think the tutor said something like that at my interview. Are you excited?

Yeah it does have to be. I've already had to have a CRB check done for some mentoring I do at a school (although they paid for it), but I have to get a new one for this of course.

I'm so excited, are you? :biggrin: it's all starting to feel really real!
heellooooooo :smile: i am starting my PGCE at canterbury christ church in sept 2012. cannot wait. anyone else accepted there? kinda need people to live with... :biggrin: xxx
Reply 325
Just found out that I got onto the PGCE Secondary Geography course at Southampton Uni!! So excited! Anyone else going to Soton?!
Original post by LizzieCanoe

Original post by LizzieCanoe
Hi everyone, I got a place to do PGCE Religious Studies at Durham. Is anyone else on here going to Durham in September?

I am! To do History though!! Well done!x
Reply 327
Original post by emillie-rose
heellooooooo :smile: i am starting my PGCE at canterbury christ church in sept 2012. cannot wait. anyone else accepted there? kinda need people to live with... :biggrin: xxx

Did you find out today ? I am waiting..
Anyone know of any good providers left in London with places?
Reply 329
I've got an unconditional from Leicester for Secondary English. My interview was on 1st December and I found out on the 16th - can't wait!
Reply 330
Original post by emillie-rose

Hi there,

Got accepted for the PGCE English with Drama and Media at Canterbury... Had much of a response in terms of housing yet?

Congratulations on getting on! I had my interview on the 11th Jan.

Chris
Having a bit of a mild panic here, wonder if anyone can help?

I got an offer for the Primary PGCE at UEL on 9th January - I accepted online immediately and got the letter confirming my place. However, I've re-read it and it says something about having to email the course tutor to confirm my place. Bugger, I completely misread and didn't realise we also had to do this. I'll email first thing tomorrow but hope it isn't too late!
Original post by Tinklah
I've got an unconditional from Leicester for Secondary English. My interview was on 1st December and I found out on the 16th - can't wait!

Congratulations! My interview (for Citizenship) was also on 1st December and I've also got an unconditional offer :biggrin: So excited!
Reply 333
Original post by Lells
Hi there,

Got accepted for the PGCE English with Drama and Media at Canterbury... Had much of a response in terms of housing yet?

Congratulations on getting on! I had my interview on the 11th Jan.

Chris

Hey I just heard that I got unconditional from Canterbury, for Citizenship :smile: . Are you moving down to the area as well ?
Original post by andymcgowan763
Congratulations! My interview (for Citizenship) was also on 1st December and I've also got an unconditional offer :biggrin: So excited!

Congratulations! How was the interview? What is your degree in? :smile:
Hii! This is my first post here :smile: I've got a conditional offer from Sheffield Hallam Secondary MFL. The condition is 5 days school experience, as I am not British and I haven't had the chance to do any observation.

I have a question: What would happen if a condition for a place is getting a 2:2 but you already graduated?

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Have only just found this thread - anyone here heading to Canterbury for Upper Primary in September? :biggrin:
Reply 337
Original post by coffeepirate
Have only just found this thread - anyone here heading to Canterbury for Upper Primary in September? :biggrin:

I think I will start a thread for PGCE Canterbury 2012 people.
Original post by cherrywaves
Hii! This is my first post here :smile: I've got a conditional offer from Sheffield Hallam Secondary MFL. The condition is 5 days school experience, as I am not British and I haven't had the chance to do any observation.

I have a question: What would happen if a condition for a place is getting a 2:2 but you already graduated?

another foreign person on this forum! yay!
sorry, i was just glad to see someone from somewhere else than the UK.
well done for getting a place
Reply 339
Original post by cherrywaves

I would have thought that your grades would only be a condition if you were still doing your degree. If you've graduated, already have a 2:2 or higher and have proof of that, I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending