The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Man Glasgow are totally playing hard to get. It feels like I sent off everything aaages ago...
Reply 161
Original post by 2Dogs
So no one else (other than above) heard a thing about Painting and Printmaking yet ?

according to somebody in the art applicants 2012 page they havent even finished shortlisting applicants for interview for painting and printmaking yet because of the high number of applicants and quality of portfolios :smile:
Reply 162
Original post by EilzMac
interviews tomorrow :frown: im terrified! wish me luck!

How was the interview? :smile:
Had my interview for Fashion Design earlier today. Was with two lovely women and I was just asked general questions about my portfolio, to pick out the best pieces and speak about my strengths/weaknesses. They seemed quite positive and I had good feedback on a few of my sheets. Anyone else waiting or has had a decision after their interview yet? I was told to expect a reply within around two weeks, a horrible wait when you really have no indication of whether to expect a rejection or not!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 164
Original post by jprestonmoore
Had my interview for Fashion Design earlier today. Was with two lovely women and I was just asked general questions about my portfolio, to pick out the best pieces and speak about my strengths/weaknesses. They seemed quite positive and I had good feedback on a few of my sheets. Anyone else waiting or has had a decision after their interview yet? I was told to expect a reply within around two weeks, a horrible wait when you really have no indication of whether to expect a rejection or not!!

did they say how many applicants they're interviewing and how many places there are?? I haven't heard back since the mini folio thing, getting worried :frown: no rejection yet though, so no news good news
Original post by Ruta V
did they say how many applicants they're interviewing and how many places there are?? I haven't heard back since the mini folio thing, getting worried :frown: no rejection yet though, so no news good news

Hi there no they didn't say how many they are interviewing but there are around 10 places. I think they do it in batches, offer some places, send out more interviews etc, dont worry! Since you are an international applicant you will likely hear closer to the end. Anyway they they seemed quite fond of any drawing I had and 3D work. They also stressed that pattern cutting skills etc are not required at all as you are taught from scratch so it's good to have more conceptual 3D ideas using paper or draped fabric etc. Good luck!
Reply 166
Original post by jprestonmoore
Hi there no they didn't say how many they are interviewing but there are around 10 places. I think they do it in batches, offer some places, send out more interviews etc, dont worry! Since you are an international applicant you will likely hear closer to the end. Anyway they they seemed quite fond of any drawing I had and 3D work. They also stressed that pattern cutting skills etc are not required at all as you are taught from scratch so it's good to have more conceptual 3D ideas using paper or draped fabric etc. Good luck!

ah, such useful info! thanks a lot, feel calmed down now :smile: good luck to you as well!
Reply 167
Anybody has heard about Photography? I'm getting really worried :frown:
Original post by Senika

we get their replies back around the 31 March, so its about 25 days left...
Reply 169
Original post by madrassnuff
we get their replies back around the 31 March, so its about 25 days left...

longest 25 days of my life and it doesnt leave much time for me to apply for student finance either, for glasgow or my second choice. i just want to know now so i can stop stressing. :frown:
Original post by rayray12310
longest 25 days of my life and it doesnt leave much time for me to apply for student finance either, for glasgow or my second choice. i just want to know now so i can stop stressing. :frown:

same, the wait is so stressful
Reply 171
Original post by rayray12310

I just learnt yesterday that I might not be eligible for SAAS covering my tuition fees and Napier doesn't offer any financial help for EU students :frown: Ehh no comments... I really really hope to hear from GSA or ECA soon. :frown:
Reply 172
Y'all be worrying about not having enough time to apply for financing? I am applying for a student loan too, whats the final date to apply for a student loan?
I am still waiting on a reply from Painting and printmaking...I agree, its getting ridiculous about how long it takes to get even some sort of info from these guys at the GSA...
Reply 173
Original post by 2Dogs
Y'all be worrying about not having enough time to apply for financing? I am applying for a student loan too, whats the final date to apply for a student loan?
I am still waiting on a reply from Painting and printmaking...I agree, its getting ridiculous about how long it takes to get even some sort of info from these guys at the GSA...

the direct gov site says that you have till may 31st if u want the money for the beginning of term, but i know there's gna be loadsa hassle with mine as i dnt have a passport and so am gna hav to send of loads of other identity forms and stuff, plus it doesnt help that some of my exams will be starting by then :frown:
Original post by Senika

Rang GSA today about an hour ago, the whole system has shut down on them and nobody has had a reply for photography (apparently). They said it should be fixed by friday, and that if i don't get a reply by next week I should ring again.
Original post by AlexandraKate
Rang GSA today about an hour ago, the whole system has shut down on them and nobody has had a reply for photography (apparently). They said it should be fixed by friday, and that if i don't get a reply by next week I should ring again.

i know everyone is complaining about the GSA not replying or anything, but if they're gonna give a reply by next week then that's actually earlier than i expected. thanks for the info
Reply 176
So far All I hear is "check this"
I am aging, no time to wait, gotta know yesterday lol.
Reply 177
Original post by AlexandraKate

is it just for phorography?
Reply 178
Thank you Alexandra:smile:
Original post by Ruta V
is it just for phorography?

not sure, I can only guess that it is for everywhere as it was the student support I rang and they said the whole system. But its best to check if you are worried!

Quick Reply

Latest