The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
The group exercise is all about personality too
Reply 1561
Original post by seraphina
Hi, I'm a current fast streamer (went through the 2009-10 process). I didn't find out I'd passed anything until March 21st that year, and I ended up passing for both CD and HoP (though not for FCO). So I really wouldn't get too upset just yet. Okay, getting a no for HoP isn't the best omen, but it's so hard to predict where the cut offs will be. If you'd done terribly, you'd be out completely by now.

The wait is infuriating, but hang on in there. And remember, if you do fail this time, you'll be in a much better position if you want to try again next time, when you'll a)have had some practise and b)have been given very detailed feedback.

I've read each of your posts and found them really interesting and helpful, thank you for sharing your experience (I'm sure most people forget all about the recruitment process once they get the job!).

Original post by TomDixie
My score doesn't bother me so long as I get on, I'd be happy with being at the bottom of the pass list :biggrin:

Just praying to Jesus that the bottom of the current HoP amber band is higher than the eventual CD pass mark. Hopefully there's not some kind of prayer quota system in effect, there's the Merseyside Derby coming up next week too... :tongue:

Oooooo interesting theory! Lets just pray for a really good day that day, starting with an update and "sucessful" status and ending with "Liverpool 1 Everton 3" :tongue:
Reply 1562
Original post by shellybean01
I attended FSAC last Wednesday and found out I was successful today for HR Scheme! So excited good luck to those still to find out!

Congratulations :congrats:
Reply 1563
Original post by rach2012
Oooooo interesting theory! Lets just pray for a really good day that day, starting with an update and "sucessful" status and ending with "Liverpool 1 Everton 3" :tongue:

Unfortunately I think I'd spontaneously combust with joy, never to be seen or heard from again

Kind of what I imagine would happen to Hibbert if he scored... :tongue:
Reply 1564
Original post by shellybean01
I attended FSAC last Wednesday and found out I was successful today for HR Scheme! So excited good luck to those still to find out!

Congratulations! I was also successful for HR so maybe meet you soon :biggrin: Good luck to all those still awaiting results
Reply 1565
Original post by lovers in japan
t... whoa I feel so young now, I'm only 21 :s-smilie:

You are, I turned 21 over thirteen years ago...
Reply 1566
:shakecane: hello young whippersnapper!

Original post by Stomm
You are, I turned 21 over thirteen years ago...
Original post by Boogles
Congratulations! I was also successful for HR so maybe meet you soon :biggrin: Good luck to all those still awaiting results

Thanks congrats to you too! Am still in shock i think never expected to ever get through to the end, where are you looking to be based, am hoping for the North West just trying to get all the paperwork filled out and sent back as soon as possible.
Original post by F6053721
Congratulations!

I'm at FSAC this week for HR. Did they give any indication of how many they take for that stream? I hope I find out quickly one way or the other. Comments from all these people waiting ages seems like it must be torture! I did my E-tray on the Friday morning and found out the Tuesday I was through to FSAC, so I've been lucky so far with the waiting!

No they didnt give any indication, i did ask a few HR related questions in the Interview however my assessor was more used to dealing with the General Stream so she answered as much as possible but couldnt be specific on the HR stream. Good Luck at your FSAC!
Hey sorry if this comes across as a silly question but could someone explain the scoring system to me? I know from reading posts that scores of 17+ seem to be necessary to get considered depending on the stream applied for. But how is the score made up? Is it marks out of 4 or 5 for each section? Are all the sections equally weighted?
I'm assuming the sections are: interview, briefing, policy, group excercise and in-tray
Would that be correct?
Reply 1570
Original post by loopylooper
Hey sorry if this comes across as a silly question but could someone explain the scoring system to me? I know from reading posts that scores of 17+ seem to be necessary to get considered depending on the stream applied for. But how is the score made up? Is it marks out of 4 or 5 for each section? Are all the sections equally weighted?
I'm assuming the sections are: interview, briefing, policy, group excercise and in-tray
Would that be correct?

Scored out of 24 overall, each of the 6 competencies being scored out of 4.

Can't say how they break down the scoring of each competency in each exercise.
Massive scary update people: I just called Parity and they said they're narrowing the pass marks for Diplomatic Service TOMORROW. If you havent heard tomorrow, you won't hear until the end of march/early april.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Reply 1572
Original post by ellie_flower
Massive scary update people: I just called Parity and they said they're narrowing the pass marks for Diplomatic Service TOMORROW. If you havent heard tomorrow, you won't hear until the end of march/early april.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Did they mention HoP or CD?
Original post by ellie_flower

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Wonder will this be the same for every schemes - hoping they will with the Northern Ireland Fast Stream anyway!

What number did you call them on - is it the number that is listed on the Contact Us page on the website?
Reply 1574
I've got a friggin pass for Central Departments

HOLY CHRIST

HOLY CHRIST

CONGRATS!!!

Did yours just update?
Reply 1576

HOLY CHRIST

great news mate, big congrats!
Reply 1577
Original post by schick_88
CONGRATS!!!

Did yours just update?

Yep, just got a message through, I'm in shock.

I seriously don't know how this has happened...

Good luck to everyone else, I really mean that
Yep, just got a message through, I'm in shock.

I seriously don't know how this has happened...

Good luck to everyone else, I really mean that

That's fantastic! Really well done!!

Im refreshing like mad haha!
Reply 1579
Congrats TomDixie. And the same to all the lurkers who've got through but won't post and tell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending