The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

thought i'd start one of these for the glasgow school of art as there doesn't seem to be one for this year. Haven't sent my application yet, but hope to within the next two weeks.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I already applied (fine art - sculpture and environmental art :biggrin: ). also, I've sent my mini portfolio yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 2
hi, applying for Fashion :smile: planning to send the application soon
Reply 3
I'm applying for Architecture :smile: I sent off my application on the 8th and so far I have received only ackowledgement letters :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I am applying as well, for painting and printmaking. I hope it goes well
Reply 5
Original post by Vesselina
I'm applying for Architecture :smile: I sent off my application on the 8th and so far I have received only ackowledgement letters :s-smilie:

I'm thinking of applying for architecture too!! Are you from Scotland:? Because they ask for AS English or GCSE English at Grade A in their minimum entry requirements and I don't know whether to take the risk and apply or choose a different uni :s
Reply 6
Original post by chokoishii
I'm thinking of applying for architecture too!! Are you from Scotland:? Because they ask for AS English or GCSE English at Grade A in their minimum entry requirements and I don't know whether to take the risk and apply or choose a different uni :s

No, I'm not from Scotland, I'm Bulgarian. :smile: And our grading system is different.
Reply 7

how long did u hav to wait for the acknowledgement letter? i sent mine off last monday and all my other unis have sent me an email. not tht my digital portfolio is ready, but it'd be nice to be acknowledged :/
Reply 8
Original post by rayray12310
how long did u hav to wait for the acknowledgement letter? i sent mine off last monday and all my other unis have sent me an email. not tht my digital portfolio is ready, but it'd be nice to be acknowledged :/

Mine took about a week. It was the last one I received. And it said architecture applicants are not required to send portfolios at the stage and they will receive further notice what to do.
Reply 9
Im applying to glasgow too for painting and printmaking, sent of my digital portfolio last week and am soo nervous. does anyone have an online portfolio - would be great to see how high the bar is being set.
Hello!
I am applying for Fashion! I'll normally send my application in 1 or 2 weeks.
As I'm French I don't understand some points in the UCAS application system: do I have to apply to the course, and send my portfolio directly to the school or in my UCAS application?

Thank you!
Reply 11
Original post by delphine0906
Hello!
I am applying for Fashion! I'll normally send my application in 1 or 2 weeks.
As I'm French I don't understand some points in the UCAS application system: do I have to apply to the course, and send my portfolio directly to the school or in my UCAS application?

Thank you!

You can't submit your portfolio through UCAS, GSA will ask for it later, they'll send you an e-mail to tell you what to do. :smile:
Reply 12
You can't submit your portfolio through UCAS, GSA will ask for it later, they'll send you an e-mail to tell you what to do. :smile:

It's been three weeks and still no email... What should I do?
Reply 13
Original post by Senika
It's been three weeks and still no email... What should I do?

I sent off my application on 8th November and so far I have only received an e-mail which invites all applicants (apart from architecture ones and that's me) to submit supporting visual materials. It says that the deadline is 27/01/2012.

What course are you applying for?
Thank you for your answer! In the e-mail you've received, does it mention it should be a digital or printed portfolio? and what to include this portfolio? (how many images...)
If it is a digital portfolio, does it mention on which website(s) you can upload it?

I know it is a lot of questions^^
Reply 15
Original post by delphine0906
Thank you for your answer! In the e-mail you've received, does it mention it should be a digital or printed portfolio? and what to include this portfolio? (how many images...)
If it is a digital portfolio, does it mention on which website(s) you can upload it?

I know it is a lot of questions^^

The e-mail says "Applications to the School of Design, Fine Art and the Digital Culture programme are also required to submit Supporting Visual Materials" and then it provides a website via which your portfolio should be submitted. It also says "Guidelines on submission requirements can also be found on the website."
The e-mail doesn't specifically mention how many works should be uploaded.

I hope this makes it at least a bit clearer to you :smile:
When did you send off your application?
Reply 16
in case anyone was worried about not being asked to submit yet, dnt be, i emailed them and they said they are "undergoing system enhancements" and once that's all sorted out they'll start sending out the emails again :smile:
Thank you very much Vesselina! I'm going to send it by the end of the week I hope =)
Reply 18
I sent off my application on 8th November and so far I have only received an e-mail which invites all applicants (apart from architecture ones and that's me) to submit supporting visual materials. It says that the deadline is 27/01/2012.

What course are you applying for?

Thank you so much and thanks to rayray12310 as well! I'm applying for photography. :smile:
Original post by rayray12310
in case anyone was worried about not being asked to submit yet, dnt be, i emailed them and they said they are "undergoing system enhancements" and once that's all sorted out they'll start sending out the emails again :smile:

thanks rayray12310, i sent in my UCAS application the 26th of november and still havent gotten an email or anything, so i was kinda worried. i guess this explains it, but do you know for how long they're making these "system enhancements". I'm also applying for photography, btw.

Quick Reply

Latest