The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by toastehmonstah
where are the waiting lists? all the crap on the page i found is out of date :C (http://www.rhul.ac.uk/forstudents/housing/royalhollowayhalls/waitinglists.aspx)

You have to go on the returning students information page, here: http://www.rhul.ac.uk/forstudents/housing/ugreturners/ugreturnersapplicationinformation.aspx
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Anyone heard anything about their accomodation applications yet?
Reply 742
When does accommodation applications open for 2012 new undergrads? Can only find the 2011 dates :/
change the 2011 to 2012 and that'll give you a pretty good idea :P
Reply 744
Anyone heard anything about their accomodation applications yet?

Yep, got my room in Reid. You?
Wedderburn A :biggrin:
Reply 746
Does anyone know if accommodation for new undergraduates is open yet?
This might be a largely irrelevant question - but which halls would you say are best for freshers? I have an unconditional offer, so hopefully I'd get my first choice.
An update for applying for accommodation for 2012 entry (woohoo!):

'Please note that our online accommodation application system will be activated on Wednesday 28 March 2012 at 12:00 noon (UK local time) for New Undergraduate students to apply online. Please be aware that the deadline to apply for accommodation allocation is Friday 1st June 2012 at 4:00pm (UK local time). We advise you to read our Allocation process webpage to understand in what order we allocate students’ applications.'
Reply 749
:biggrin: Any Idea which One of the Halls Are most Happening to be in for Postgraduates ???? :wink:

And are there Restrictions For Smoking :smokin: or Drinking :tee: ???
(edited 12 years ago)
All the halls are non-smoking, you can drink wherever the hell you want though :P
Reply 751
All the halls are non-smoking, you can drink wherever the hell you want though :P

Naaice :P , And Which of the halls is most happening for postgrads any Idea?? :cheers:
Reply 752
would you advise me Founders hall or Penrose court? I'm an erasmus student and i can only choose between those halls.
Reply 753
Hello! So, I've been trying to apply for Royal Holloway Halls, but the website seems to be down all the time. Is it just me? :frown:

and for those who are in RHUL, which one is best, I've got my heart set on Reid hall :smile:
Reply 754
Pls as a postgraduate student coming in by Sept,can someone pls can someone pls give advice on postgraduate halls(Highfield, Victorian,Penrose,Runnymede and Gowar) in order of preference. I have applied but have not submitted my application.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 755
Original post by lee4
Pls as a postgraduate student coming in by Sept,can someone pls can someone pls give advice on postgraduate halls(Highfield, Victorian,Penrose,Runnymede and Gowar) in order of preference. I have applied but have not submitted my application.

As an undergraduate I don't have any experience of the postgraduate halls you've listed aside from Runnymede and Gowar, which are the two on campus. They're both very nice, with en suites, though Gowar is more modern and has double beds rather than singles. Gowar is also in a more green, quiet part of campus, though they're both very convenient.

I guess knowing whether or not you want to be on campus should help you order your preferences somewhat. I think Penrose is only a five minute walk from campus, across the road, basically, but I don't know much about what it's like to live there, and I know nothing about Highfield and the Victorian houses. As far as I can remember, Penrose isn't en suite, so that's something else to consider.

I'm guessing you've looked at the accommodation pages on the Royal Holloway website? Those should give you the specs and costs of the halls, and hopefully you should be able to make your decision based on your preferences- it depends what you're looking for, really!
Reply 756
Original post by llacerta
As an undergraduate I don't have any experience of the postgraduate halls you've listed aside from Runnymede and Gowar, which are the two on campus. They're both very nice, with en suites, though Gowar is more modern and has double beds rather than singles. Gowar is also in a more green, quiet part of campus, though they're both very convenient.

I guess knowing whether or not you want to be on campus should help you order your preferences somewhat. I think Penrose is only a five minute walk from campus, across the road, basically, but I don't know much about what it's like to live there, and I know nothing about Highfield and the Victorian houses. As far as I can remember, Penrose isn't en suite, so that's something else to consider.

I'm guessing you've looked at the accommodation pages on the Royal Holloway website? Those should give you the specs and costs of the halls, and hopefully you should be able to make your decision based on your preferences- it depends what you're looking for, really!

Thanks, I submitted the application today and made highfield my 1st choice basically because of the ensuite nature, so waiting for the allocation.
Hey!

This is a very nice guide and quite useful I must say, however I have not be able to find any pictures of Highfield.

Is it true that its similar to Runnymede?
Reply 758
Would love to see some pics of Reid please, if anyone has any?, it's my first choice, so probably won't get in there but fingers crossed.

Wonder, how long it will be until we hear where we will be. Also, I opted as my second choice for Founders, and selected I would be willing to do the short term share option, in the hope I would get a nice large room, for the sacrifice of a few weeks of sharing. Have I been crazy to do this?
Reply 759
Original post by Soule
Would love to see some pics of Reid please, if anyone has any?, it's my first choice, so probably won't get in there but fingers crossed.

Wonder, how long it will be until we hear where we will be. Also, I opted as my second choice for Founders, and selected I would be willing to do the short term share option, in the hope I would get a nice large room, for the sacrifice of a few weeks of sharing. Have I been crazy to do this?

I'm afraid I don't have any photos personally, but Reid is not often a popular choice so there's a decent chance you'll get it! Most people I know who lived in Reid in their first year put it down as a lower choice, so fingers crossed for you.

If you do get a place in Reid, let me know- I'm living there next year myself!

The sharing option is not a crazy thing to do at all, and I know people who shared for the whole year in Founder's and loved it, though it can be pot luck depending on who you end up with. But the large shared rooms are very nice, so I can see why you went for that.

Latest

Trending

Trending