The Student Room Group

What club do you hate and why?

We all have clubs we dislike, mainly our team's rivals. However is there any other team you hate for other reasons?

I hate Chelsea. One reason is because of the players. The team is full of ********s such as John Terry, Cole and I thought Drogba was a dick on the pitch despite his talent.

They also play mind numbingly boring football, parking the bus and just playing hoof ball.

The current Real Madrid team as well. They play very dirty, especially Pepe and even Alonso it seems, it doesn't help that they are led by Mr Jose eye-gouging Mourinho. However I do respect their talent and history.

Any clubs you hate and the reasons why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Chelsea, plastic to the core.

QPR, they're such a joke. Buying players like Joey Barton and Shaun Wright-Phillips and then expecting a mid-table finish. :lolwut:
Reply 2
Chelsea - No History whatsoever, **** football, even ****ter players.
Tottenham - Cocky, wi agaist all small teams, 'ohhh we can be champions'. Chsnnel 5
Man U - Because of all of their London supporters who have probably never been near OT.
Man C - Steal all our players.
Barca - Boring me now, plus they always knock us out.

Bet you can't guess which team I support?
Reply 3
Original post by U.Ahmed
Chelsea - No History whatsoever, **** football, even ****ter players.
Tottenham - Cocky, wi agaist all small teams, 'ohhh we can be champions'. Chsnnel 5
Man U - Because of all of their London supporters who have probably never been near OT.
Man C - Steal all our players.
Barca - Boring me now, plus they always knock us out.

Bet you can't guess which team I support?

A Le Arse fan who doesn't like Spurs or Man utd. Shocking! :tongue:

Agree with you on City tho.
Reply 4
Original post by Jordan_1
We all have clubs we dislike, mainly our team's rivals. However is there any other team you hate for other reasons?

I hate Chelsea. One reason is because of the players. The team is full of ********s such as John Terry, Cole and I thought Drogba was a dick on the pitch despite his talent.

They also play mind numbingly boring football, parking the bus and just playing hoof ball.

The current Real Madrid team as well. They play very dirty, especially Pepe and even Alonso it seems, it doesn't help that they are led by Mr Jose eye-gouging Mourinho. However I do respect their talent and history.

Chelsea were probably the most undeserving team to ever win the Champions League. Defend, defend, defend, make a break and hope you get lucky. They spent most of the tournament with a parked bus in front of their goal.

Bayern had 20 corners to Chelsea's 1 and 34 shots to Chelsea's 9. Sums it all up really. And then the hero of it all (Drogba) gets told to pack his bags the day later.
Reply 5
Original post by Jordan_1

Don't hate the Jose, boring football but it wins games

Oh and football wise I was gutted that City took the title, but politically I'm glad they did because maybe people will realise the beautiful game is being ruined by the fact that the prem can be bought
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Liverpool. Here is a short list of some of my reasons.

Their cult-ish fanbase. RAWK Forum is like a Nazi Youth Camp - A positive from this past season has been the general realisation amongst football fans across the country that they're a gang of whoppers.

The way anyone associated with Liverpool say "Liverpool Football Club" on the TV or Radio. Liverpool Football Club, Liverpool Football Club, Liverpool Football Club.

Their sheer hypocrisy - "bitter this", "bitter that". No, we're not bitter, we just hate you as we're from the same city. Bitterness is hating a team like Manchester United simply because they knocked you off your perch.

Their tourist fans. I can't go anywhere in the World without seeing them. I went to Sri Lanka a few years back, stopped over in Qatar on the way. In the airport I saw Chinese people wearing Liverpool fans and utterly despaired. Chinese people, in the Middle East, wearing tops supporting a team from Liverpool, England. The mind boggles.

Their armchair fans. No, you don't count. Your opinion does not matter.

Their arrogance.

Their delusion. No, you gang of whoppers, Mourinho isn't going to manage you.

Their utter "we're not English, we're scouse" rubbish. No, the vast majority of you aren't even European.

Their existence.

The myth that Anfield has a great atmosphere, pedalled by their cult-like fanbase and the media, as it sells. No, it's bloody awful, I've been to Anfield more times than most of you.

You'll Never Walk Alone. How the cameras slowly pan over the kop, mics turned up, as - hardcore scouse fans aside - thousands upon thousands of daytrippers sing the one or two lines they actually know. Trust me when I say the hardcore would rather walk without the tourists.

How so many of them sign off anything they write with YNWA - like it's relevant or makes any sense.
I hate a lot of clubs

Man Utd - Ashley Young is a filthy diver
Liverpool - Suarez is a racist
Arsenal - Wenger is a moaning old sod
Chelsea - bought the champions league

Only really like Reading. :smile:
The only team I support is a Bengal Tigers. The rest of the teams can go away as they will never be as good as the Bengal Tigers!
I really hate St. Pauli, which may be considered odd because I love Celtic, but I dislike their cult fan base and location a lot. Also I kind of support HSV, which are their rivals.
Original post by TomDixie
Liverpool. Here is a short list of some of my reasons.

Their cult-ish fanbase. RAWK Forum is like a Nazi Youth Camp - A positive from this past season has been the general realisation amongst football fans across the country that they're a gang of whoppers.

The way anyone associated with Liverpool say "Liverpool Football Club" on the TV or Radio. Liverpool Football Club, Liverpool Football Club, Liverpool Football Club.

Their sheer hypocrisy - "bitter this", "bitter that". No, we're not bitter, we just hate you as we're from the same city. Bitterness is hating a team like Manchester United simply because they knocked you off your perch.

Their tourist fans. I can't go anywhere in the World without seeing them. I went to Sri Lanka a few years back, stopped over in Qatar on the way. In the airport I saw Chinese people wearing Liverpool fans and utterly despaired. Chinese people, in the Middle East, wearing tops supporting a team from Liverpool, England. The mind boggles.

Their armchair fans. No, you don't count. Your opinion does not matter.

Their arrogance.

Their delusion. No, you gang of whoppers, Mourinho isn't going to manage you.

Their utter "we're not English, we're scouse" rubbish. No, the vast majority of you aren't even European.

Their existence.

The myth that Anfield has a great atmosphere, pedalled by their cult-like fanbase and the media, as it sells. No, it's bloody awful, I've been to Anfield more times than most of you.

You'll Never Walk Alone. How the cameras slowly pan over the kop, mics turned up, as - hardcore scouse fans aside - thousands upon thousands of daytrippers sing the one or two lines they actually know. Trust me when I say the hardcore would rather walk without the tourists.

How so many of them sign off anything they write with YNWA - like it's relevant or makes any sense.

You forgot the the fact that it was the anniversary of Heysel yesterday. LFC official website had the following statement:

Liverpool Football Club today remembers the 39 football fans who died when a wall collapsed at the Heysel Stadium in Belgium on this day 27 years ago.

:rolleyes:

Followed by:

Instead of leaving Brussels having seen our team lift a fifth European Cup, Liverpool supporters travelled back to England having witnessed the deaths of 39 football supporters

Aww, poor victims. :frown:

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Although it is factually correct it's the bits they've left out that are the problem. It was caused by Liverpool fans.

The amount of stickies on RAWK about all the different campaigns for JFT96 is ridiculous. Why is it always JFT96 and RIP the 39 and never JFT39? They are the world's top grievers. They milk Hillsbrough and brush Heysel under the carpet.

The Hillsbrough stuff this year was the year that finally ended my patience. Why are clubs playing in the FA Cup who have nothing to do with Liverpool being forced to hold a 1-minute silence 23 years after? Do we have the same for the Bradford City stadium fire? The grief fest every year is ridiculous. I have no problem with Liverpool holding a silence before their own games but enough is enough! How will they top this in 2014 to mark 25 years?

Other than those, don't really like Man U. Too much of a franchise and the arrogance of their fans grates me. (I don't follow any particular team however so can remain somewhat impartial in my hate for others.)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Wilfred Little
You forgot the the fact that it was the anniversary of Heysel yesterday. LFC official website had the following statement:

Followed by:

Aww, poor victims. :frown:

Although it is factually correct it's the bits they've left out that are the problem. It was caused by Liverpool fans.

The amount of stickies on RAWK about all the different campaigns for JFT96 is ridiculous. Why is it always JFT96 and RIP the 39 and never JFT39? They are the world's top grievers. They milk Hillsbrough and brush Heysel under the carpet.

The Hillsbrough stuff this year was the year that finally ended my patience. Why are clubs playing in the FA Cup who have nothing to do with Liverpool being forced to hold a 1-minute silence 23 years after? Do we have the same for the Bradford City stadium fire? The grief fest every year is ridiculous. I have no problem with Liverpool holding a silence before their own games but enough is enough! How will they top this in 2014 to mark 25 years?

Other than those, don't really like Man U. Too much of a franchise and the arrogance of their fans grates me. (I don't follow any particular team however so can remain somewhat impartial in my hate for others.)

I was very proud of the complete silence held at our semi-final - aside from one Everton fan who shouted "Justice for the 96", I found what the Chelsea fans did despicable. The justice campaign is also, imo, justified in itself. I'm not going to go into the details here.

I do agree Heysel isn't given the acknowledgement it deserves by either the club itself or their fans as a whole.

I actually respect Liverpool and their hardcore fans, should probably point that out. But a rivalry is a rivalry.
Original post by TomDixie
I was very proud of the complete silence held at our semi-final - aside from one Everton fan who shouted "Justice for the 96", I found what the Chelsea fans did despicable. The justice campaign is also, imo, justified in itself. I'm not going to go into the details here.

I do agree Heysel isn't given the acknowledgement it deserves by either the club itself or their fans as a whole.

I actually respect Liverpool and their hardcore fans, should probably point that out. But a rivalry is a rivalry.

Enlighten me? Do you mean the stickers?
Reply 13
Original post by Wilfred Little

Because Liverpool fans were arrested for manslaughter for that incident? People have been held accountable for Heysel but no-one has been held accountable for Hillsborough yet, which is why it's JFT96 and not JFT39.

Blame the FA, I doubt we asked for Chelsea and Tottenham to have a minutes silence for Hillsborough. And it wasn't just for Hillsborough, it was for Morosini as well.
Original post by Deshi
Because Liverpool fans were arrested for manslaughter for that incident? People have been held accountable for Heysel but no-one has been held accountable for Hillsborough yet, which is why it's JFT96 and not JFT39.

So why brush it under the carpet? That statement on the Liverpool site doesn't take responsibility for the actions of the club's fans.

Instead of leaving Brussels having seen our team lift a fifth European Cup, Liverpool supporters travelled back to England having witnessed the deaths of 39 football supporters

Such poor things :frown:. The tragedy in their eyes is that they didn't win the European Cup that night and Liverpool fans had to "witness" it. Or is it just their way of spelling "caused"?

And why does every single Liverpool fan I meet seem to think they weren't, in part, at fault for Hillsborough? Their response to the Suarez thing was ridiculous and makes me think if they've been doing the same w/ Hillsborough.

Original post by Deshi
Blame the FA, I doubt we asked for Chelsea and Tottenham to have a minutes silence for Hillsborough. And it wasn't just for Hillsborough, it was for Morosini as well.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Chelsea
Reply 16
Manchester United due to the severe amount of trophies that they've won and their dominance. Also i think Fergie should retire
Does the Labour Party count?
Reply 18

Glasgow Celtic - nothing short of scum
Chelsea plastic fans and billionaire oligarch yet play football at an elementary level.

Real Madrid because well of the classicos recent memory made me dislike them even more. Dont mind Alonso Ozil and Casillas though. That Pepe though...

Blackburn but just because their owners run them piss poor.

Quick Reply

Latest