The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Moving to Leeds

Right, moving in less than 2 weeks (so excited) anyway I have no idea what to bring with me? :confused:

A few months back, when I first got my conditionals I went on a shopping spree and just bought loads of paper, pens ect.

But what do we REALLY need to buy, I have a list anything that I've missed please add, thanks:

Bedding
Pots
Plates?
Pillows?
Iron?
Original post by Tim99
Right, moving in less than 2 weeks (so excited) anyway I have no idea what to bring with me? :confused:

A few months back, when I first got my conditionals I went on a shopping spree and just bought loads of paper, pens ect.

But what do we REALLY need to buy, I have a list anything that I've missed please add, thanks:

Bedding
Pots
Plates?
Pillows?
Iron?

If you're in halls and haven't asked/paid for a bedding pack, then yes bring bedding and pillows. From my halls experience, most people keep their plates etc separate from everyone else's, so yep pots/pans and plates/bowls/cutlery etc essential. Don't need much, two plates two bowls etc should do it :smile: Kettles are sometimes provided, or someone else brings one... if it turns out no-one in your flat bought one, club together and buy a cheap one from Wilko's for a pound each. Same with toasters. Irons and ironing boards are almost always provided, as are microwaves. You'll get a fridge, a freezer, oven, microwave and cupboard space in the kitchen. Everything else, sort out when you get there. If you have room, bring a way to drain your plates, bring sponges, washing up liquid... also bring washing powder and change for the washing machines! You'll want to bring a lamp, things to decorate your room with, cleaning equipment (you get a mop and bucket usually but no bleach or anything). That help at all?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by lovers in japan
You'll want to bring a lampThat help at all?

Yes, had no idea I had to bring a lamp; thanks. :smile:
Get a timer for your lamp. A digital one because they're easier to set. You'll thank me when you don't get burgled.
Original post by jblackmoustache
Get a timer for your lamp. A digital one because they're easier to set. You'll thank me when you don't get burgled.

Eh, not so much a problem in halls because of the security. Second year onwards, DEFINITELY a must have.
Loo roll.

The number of students I see around moving in time double time quick marching from Sainsburys or the Coop back to theirs is nothing short of fantastic. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest