The Student Room Group

I don't like the 'Lad Culture' in Britian.

Scroll to see replies

I see your point, it is quite a good one!
Yeah, I second that!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 82
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Check out www.truelad.com, it's just banter - quite intelligent a lot of it.

Isn't that the one that got taken down because it gave advice on how to rape women or how the chances of getting caught for rape were negligible and nothing to be concerned about?
I think that was on facebook i'm not sure
I must say I'm sick of that culture in the UK. I don't see why, when drunk, people have to turn in to complete t*ats, but apparently it is the done thing these days. I've also noticed that common courtesy and manners seem to be dissipating in this country. It's really quite sad.

I'd rather live in America...

I also hate the word 'banter'- it really grinds my gears.
Reply 85
i will admit that drinking is taken a bit seriously over here...it's like you either drink or get made fun out of for not drinking
Reply 86
Original post by janey01
Isn't that the one that got taken down because it gave advice on how to rape women or how the chances of getting caught for rape were negligible and nothing to be concerned about?

That was the charming work of the ingeniously named UniLad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-16852406
I was in the pub yesterday so many load banter-ing lads in there trying to act big but I noticed alot of girl shaking there heads, not impressed I think so
Original post by ladyoftheflowers20
I'm seeing a lot of this lad culture around these days what happened to good old honest guys that have a little respect for girls, instead of just being a number as it were.

But now us as girls seem to think that the nice guys are 'creepy' and being a lad is the normal type of behavior in this country.

That's very true...I'm wondering why girls don't talk to me as much when I just try to chat on platforms, trains etc.
I'm so used to being abroad and talking to people who will talk to everyone. With the exception of new york when you're carrying a suitcase through central park :smile:

But I wish there was girls that like nice boys...Everytime i hear a woman speak it's usually got the word "EX" in the sentence, but then they like going for the lads that don't look interested in them and treat them like meat.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 89
Everyone in Liverpool is 'lad' if you're not a lads lad here girls don't even look at you twice, I suppose it's what part of the country you're from where being a lad is acceptable!

Reply 90
Geordie shore has definitely influenced this lad culture

Original post by Son234
Geordie shore has definitely influenced this lad culture

And Towie unfortunately.

Fake tan, short shorts, Toms, pumps, those 80's fashion sense you see on every teen lad. If you wear this crap, you should be ****ing ashamed of yourself, being a sheep a following everyone like a good dog.

I ****ing hate modern society. I seriously hate Topman, River Islandand Obey for pumping out **** like this.
Reply 92
Original post by ProfessorPester
And Towie unfortunately.

Fake tan, short shorts, Toms, pumps, those 80's fashion sense you see on every teen lad. If you wear this crap, you should be ****ing ashamed of yourself, being a sheep a following everyone like a good dog.

I ****ing hate modern society. I seriously hate Topman, River Islandand Obey for pumping out **** like this.

Toms top an etc? They're not lads!

It's north face, rab 110s AirMax webs etc that's how lads dress!

Reply 93
Topman*

Original post by Beggy15
Toms top an etc? They're not lads!

It's north face, rab 110s AirMax webs etc that's how lads dress!

Never heard of rab 110s AirMax but i have heard of AirMax itself. I hate chav stuff too if your thinking im a chav.

I'm guessing your one of those sheep who consistently buy chinos, pumps and anything with 'Topman', 'River Island', 'Obey', 'Republic' or 'Cult'.
Reply 95
Never heard of rab 110s AirMax but i have heard of AirMax itself. I hate chav stuff too if your thinking im a chav.

I'm guessing your one of those sheep who consistently buy chinos, pumps and anything with 'Topman', 'River Island', 'Obey', 'Republic' or 'Cult'.

I'm a girl, also 110s is a scouse name for a type of Nike webb.

Never heard of cult before republics tacky and obey is for girls who try too hard

Can't even express how much I agree with this thread! My college was full of lads who thought if they strutted about in chinos and made enough crude comments the girls would come flocking.
For some reason some guys think this behaviour is actually attractive. I knocked back a guy one night because he was exactly this type and he proceeded to verbally abuse me :|
Wish chivalry would make a come back!

Original post by Beggy15
I'm a girl, also 110s is a scouse name for a type of Nike webb.

Never heard of cult before republics tacky and obey is for girls who try too hard

I never claimed otherwise and i can clearly see with the female symbol next to your username.

Chav isn't excluse to males you know?

Cult contains a brand known as 'Super Dry', you must of heard and seen it around. It's 'hip' to wear a plain white shirt which you can buy for a fiver in any shop but they rather pay 25 quid for a plain white shirt with the brand name on it instead.

Honestly, it's a waste of money.
Reply 98
I never claimed otherwise and i can clearly see with the female symbol next to your username.

Chav isn't excluse to males you know?

Cult contains a brand known as 'Super Dry', you must of heard and seen it around. It's 'hip' to wear a plain white shirt which you can buy for a fiver in any shop but they rather pay 25 quid for a plain white shirt with the brand name on it instead.

Honestly, it's a waste of money.

Well I've never heard of girls wearing chinos and pumps?!

SuperDry is not 'hip' in Liverpool you get ripped into If you wear that here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending