The Student Room Group
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I absolutely loved it. By far the best film in my opinion :smile:. I almost cried at the end, and I never cry at anything!!

--
Just had half a box of malteasers and a quarter of a galaxy bar, but as it's Children in Need night it's allowed :biggrin:.

realky was it that good because know i'm so going to go watch it. robert pattison is the best.
Yh same i ate chocolate today but i think its okay just for today tommorrow going to try my best again:smile:
Original post by Armani786
realky was it that good because know i'm so going to go watch it. robert pattison is the best.
Yh same i ate chocolate today but i think its okay just for today tommorrow going to try my best again:smile:

Lol I thought form your profile pic you were male? I only watch twilight because the werewolves are cool!
Original post by areebmazhar
Lol I thought form your profile pic you were male? I only watch twilight because the werewolves are cool!

well thats nice yh i guess i need to show that female nice.
yh i know ur probably thinkin which girl like cars well i like the ausome cars:wink:
lol. :biggrin:
Original post by Armani786

Well I enjoyed it haha, whether that means it was good or not is another matter!

I'm off to bed to prevent me from eating more chocolate! :biggrin:
Woke up this morning to find that the people I worked for yesterday also want me to work today :biggrin: So I am very happy about that. Feels as though things have properly clicked, and for the first time yesterday I earned what I would deem a proper wage for a graduate. Hopefully it is representative of what's to come now that I've got a good reference!
Original post by Chrisateen
It's been a mental battle for me (especially as I mentioned earlier the weight gain in a short period of time). The weirdest thing is that I'll look at myself in the mirror and I think about how I'm gaining muscle and look leaner than I did when I was that weight before, then I think it's all in my head and I look the same, then I think omg I'm getting fat all at the same time. The good news is that my lifts have started to go up which is always a good sign when on a bulk. In terms of diet I'm struggling to the calories in healthily so end up eating junk :redface:.

The good thing though is bulking during Xmas means I can enjoy a bit more food :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're doing really well, it is mentally tough but you've proven that you can do it just by starting to bulk. As long as you're keeping an eye on your weight you will never get massively fat! And if you're lifts are going up that's great :smile: For extra cals have you thought about stuff like adding peanut butter/olive oil to shakes?

The Xmas thing is what I'm thinking as well. As soon as Jan 2nd comes I'll be back to no starchy carbs and ~1800cals a day to make weight for Eastern Norwegian champs on 19th Jan. I think I will want lots of lean meat, veg and fish after all the fatty Christmas foods so that's good.
Cheeky peek on the scales today, I appear to have met and passed my target for the week! I round ounces up or down (0.2 down, 0.4/0.6 are half a pound, 0.8 up) so basically if I can manage to lose 0.3 by monday I will have lost 2lbs this week rather than 1, as I wanted :biggrin: which also takes me to 6lbs in 2 weeks. Very happy seeing as I haven't eaten very healthily this week, I haven't binged or anything but I've eaten unhealthy things in smaller amounts. Back on it today with an apple and a coffee for breakfast :smile:
Reply 9967
Original post by Becca
I think I will want lots of lean meat, veg and fish after all the fatty Christmas foods so that's good.

I was kinda concerned about what would happen to my eating over the Christmas period (am away for two weeks) but now, I don't really care that much and won't change my plans too much to accommodate.

I mean, if you are back home for a few days to a week - it isn't going to screw anything up that badly.

I have one week with my own family and one with the girlfriend's so it will just be a case of eyeballing portions and guesstimating for a couple of weeks - no big deal. All that will happen is that my weight will go up or down 2-3lbs or so which isn't a massive problem.
Original post by Mark85
I was kinda concerned about what would happen to my eating over the Christmas period (am away for two weeks) but now, I don't really care that much and won't change my plans too much to accommodate.

I mean, if you are back home for a few days to a week - it isn't going to screw anything up that badly.

I have one week with my own family and one with the girlfriend's so it will just be a case of eyeballing portions and guesstimating for a couple of weeks - no big deal. All that will happen is that my weight will go up or down 2-3lbs or so which isn't a massive problem.

We had Eid (an Islamic celebration, kinda like Christmas where you eat all sorts of unhealthy food) a few weeks back, and I ate a serious amount of crap for 2 days. Everything was oily, greasy, sugary/carby, no fresh vegetables/fruit, no cereal even... in fact I needed several days to recovery because i was feeling lethargic and sleepy a lot following it lol. Anyway, following that I lost 1 kg of weight the next week. No idea what that means, but my weight hadn't changed in about 3 months before that. Weird that.

So yeah, a bit of crappy eating won't have a major effect. Holidays are there to be enjoyed. Sounds corny, but there is something to be said of a good hearty meal and 'soul food.' It's only a handful of times a year that you're letting go anyway. In our culture, it's rude not to eat when your aunt puts food in front of you. They take that offensively! lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9969
Original post by silent ninja
We had Eid (an Islamic celebration, kinda like Christmas where you eat all sorts of unhealthy food) a few weeks back, and I ate a serious amount of crap for 2 days. Everything was oily, greasy, sugary/carby, no fresh vegetables/fruit, no cereal even... in fact I needed several days to recovery because i was feeling lethargic and sleepy a lot following it lol. Anyway, following that I lost 1 kg of weight the next week. No idea what that means, but my weight hadn't changed in about 3 months before that. Weird that.

So yeah, a bit of crappy eating won't have a major effect. Holidays are there to be enjoyed. Sounds corny, but there is something to be said of a good hearty meal and 'soul food.' It's only a handful of times a year that you're letting go anyway. In our culture, it's rude not to eat when your aunt puts food in front of you. They take that offensively! lol

I was lucky enough to get some of my friends lefovers from his families eid celebrations. no idea what it was but it was amazing.
Reply 9970
Today I had to try and make porridge without using scales as my friend borrowed them yesterday. It did not go well. I hope she brings them back soon.
Original post by Becca
You're doing really well, it is mentally tough but you've proven that you can do it just by starting to bulk. As long as you're keeping an eye on your weight you will never get massively fat! And if you're lifts are going up that's great :smile: For extra cals have you thought about stuff like adding peanut butter/olive oil to shakes?

The Xmas thing is what I'm thinking as well. As soon as Jan 2nd comes I'll be back to no starchy carbs and ~1800cals a day to make weight for Eastern Norwegian champs on 19th Jan. I think I will want lots of lean meat, veg and fish after all the fatty Christmas foods so that's good.

Thanks for the encouragement. Never heard of peanut butter or oil in shakes how does it taste when you add them in. Usually I just add milk to it.

Your plan sound s like a good idea plus with the extra calories you may be able to increase your lifts before the competition as well
Original post by boba
Today I had to try and make porridge without using scales as my friend borrowed them yesterday. It did not go well. I hope she brings them back soon.

I hate that, my kitchen scales ran out ages ago and I havent got round to buying a battery so I've been avoiding cereal and other weighing stuff :frown: annoying
Original post by Chrisateen
Thanks for the encouragement. Never heard of peanut butter or oil in shakes how does it taste when you add them in. Usually I just add milk to it.

Your plan sound s like a good idea plus with the extra calories you may be able to increase your lifts before the competition as well

I think it works better in a blender, but if you add things to your shake it's an easier and better way to add calories than eating junk. So you take your normal protein shake, add nut butter and/or olive oil or a banana or some oats for example.
Original post by Becca
I think it works better in a blender, but if you add things to your shake it's an easier and better way to add calories than eating junk. So you take your normal protein shake, add nut butter and/or olive oil or a banana or some oats for example.

Thanks for the advice I think I'm going to try it
Original post by infairverona
I hate that, my kitchen scales ran out ages ago and I havent got round to buying a battery so I've been avoiding cereal and other weighing stuff :frown: annoying

I just guess these days :biggrin: You kinda get used to how much should be in a bowl :smile:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Well I enjoyed it haha, whether that means it was good or not is another matter!

I'm off to bed to prevent me from eating more chocolate! :biggrin:

:biggrin:
hows everyone's week been
Reply 9978
Original post by boba

Use a mug so you get the proportions right. I usually do half a (small) mug of oats and a full mug of liquid. Usually works out right :smile:
I have a feeling I'm going to have to open the other thread tonight :biggrin: How exciting! :biggrin:

Anyone want to sum up their feelings about this thread?

When I started this one, I had 50 pounds still to lose, and now I only have three to go.. so I think it's been a productive thread really!

Latest