The Student Room Group
It's been really productive for me, it's kept me motivated and stopped me from spilling back into my old ways. I'm really glad to have everyone here (: It's really helped :h:
It been great can't wait to begin on the new thread it will be like a fresh start thank you everybody who has supported me and i hope to support them on the next thread
thanks you this thread
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I have a feeling I'm going to have to open the other thread tonight :biggrin: How exciting! :biggrin:

Anyone want to sum up their feelings about this thread?

When I started this one, I had 50 pounds still to lose, and now I only have three to go.. so I think it's been a productive thread really!

I am curious... When you have finished do you think you will have any further goals? What will your BMI be? I have no idea what my goal weight is really, just going to try and loose and hope that I realise when i reach a point thats good :smile:
Original post by santanista
I am curious... When you have finished do you think you will have any further goals? What will your BMI be? I have no idea what my goal weight is really, just going to try and loose and hope that I realise when i reach a point thats good :smile:

Yes I'm trying to improve my fitness now, and lose the final couple of pounds at the same time. I am gaining strength (trying to improve push ups and lifts at the moment) and also hoping to start running and setting personal bests :smile:.

My BMI will be 21.5 (I think) when I'm done, and it was well over 40 (depending on how much I really weighed- that is a mystery to all) at the beginning.
Ooo, exciting! New thread!
Reply 9985
Original post by ily_em
Use a mug so you get the proportions right. I usually do half a (small) mug of oats and a full mug of liquid. Usually works out right :smile:

ooh thank you! I will do this in the morning
My thoughts on the thread?

Well I obviously came in late to the thread so I haven't come as far as others or over the same amount of time, but I remember doing one of those 'my journey' written bits when I first came here..I've just looked at the start of the thread where I wrote it and at that point I'd lost 17lbs...I'm looking to have lost over 50lbs by monday weighin (49 currently) BLAHDY HELL, it's insane. Feels a bit weird that this has happened really! I can't quite believe I'm 1.5st off 5st which will be the biggie, it's around then that I'll finally be normal BMI :eek2:

Most importantly I've gained a lot of useful tips and so much support from this thread (and I hope I've provided some in return) particularly because I'm abroad and can talk with like-minded people, so I really want to thank all of you. I know I'm kinda the Helen Flanagan of this thread and I come across a bit manic or drama queen at times. I think it's really calmed me down (even though I've thoroughly abused it recently with non-diet/fitness stuff which I'm gonna curb) and I look forward to the next thread now :smile:
I'm thinking of doing a no-weigh December. I like these little challenges I set for myself, and I'd like to see how I cope not weighing every week.

Speaking of challenges, I was at my Granny's and she was laughing how I'm not eating chocolate all month and she gave me a fudge, I asked her did it have chocolate in it and she said yes. She said "Sure, it's only one sweet" but to me, it's more than just one sweet, I want to prove to myself I can do it, and stick with it until the end.
Weight wise, not a huge amount has changed for me during this thread.

But I've become much more relaxed about food and exercise - I no longer obsess over every calorie I eat, and exercise for the fun if it rather than to burn calories. As a consequence, I'm much happier with myself than I was when I started this thread :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];40284951']Weight wise, not a huge amount has changed for me during this thread.

But I've become much more relaxed about food and exercise - I no longer obsess over every calorie I eat, and exercise for the fun if it rather than to burn calories. As a consequence, I'm much happier with myself than I was when I started this thread :smile:

That is very good

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread has been very inspirational, thanks everyone
Is there going to be another thread because that would be ausome :P
Original post by Armani786
Is there going to be another thread because that would be ausome :P

Of course! In a few post's time..

As long as people carry on wanting another thread, there shall be one!
Of course! In a few post's time..

As long as people carry on wanting another thread, there shall be one!

That's ausome.
Stepped on the scales this morning and was half a pound down on last time, which was about 5 days ago. So not enough to log, but enough to claim a loss.

Hopefully the other half will disappear before long then I can change my ticker.
Stepped on the scales this morning and was half a pound down on last time, which was about 5 days ago. So not enough to log, but enough to claim a loss.

Hopefully the other half will disappear before long then I can change my ticker.

I'm sure you will meet your goal well before Xmas. It's strange how quickly time has gone and much we have all changed since the start of this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9996
Been a bit up and down with me... lost a stone in the first few months of the year, but then put it back on plus some over summer and have taken a while to get back into watching what I eat. Fingers crossed this time I'll lose it and keep it off! Been great watching the changes other people have made though!
74.7kg today. I've lost 2kg in the last month. I'm eating the same amount so I guess my requirements are going up. I'd be over the moon if I could get to 11.5 stone (73kg).

Had a nice fatty buttery breakfast. Eggy bread fried in butter and scrambled egg fried in olive oil mmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
And.. closed.

Latest