The Student Room Group

Careers in analyzing injuries

Does anyone know any careers where you would analyse accidents or injuries, figuring out how it accident/ injury happened and how it affected the people involved and what damage/ trauma it caused. I have looked at careers like health and safety officer or claims investigator but they don’t seem to primarily focus on injuries or trauma and there doesn't seem to be a lot of those type of jobs around.
Original post by james238
Does anyone know any careers where you would analyse accidents or injuries, figuring out how it accident/ injury happened and how it affected the people involved and what damage/ trauma it caused. I have looked at careers like health and safety officer or claims investigator but they don’t seem to primarily focus on injuries or trauma and there doesn't seem to be a lot of those type of jobs around.

I'm not sure that such a job exists, because the sort of injuries you are talking about happen to individuals in individual circumstances. No one single organisation is responsible for working out what caused the injury and how to stop it. You could break it down into specific incidents like car accidents, and then look at organisations that try to improve car safety, or horse riding accidents and look at horse riding organisations etc. But there is no real over-arching organisation that looks at all injuries.
Reply 2
Erm, I'm a bit worried that you may be a serial killer :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending