The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pterodactyl
On application forms when it says "Grade Predicted or Obtained" what do you put? I've not finished my degree so the overall grade is obviously predicted, but if I've already achieved that grade in the first year should I put obtained?

Put predicted.
So, im really new to this and I wonder what I should put on acheived/expected grade for the first year of Uni I haven´t even started? Ofcourse my goal is atleast 2.1, is this something I should assign as "expected"?
Original post by Noble.
Yeah it's a pain doing them while working (I don't think working 7 days a week for the last 3 weeks helps though...) What are you doing over the summer?

Well until October 3rd I AM THE UK physics dept. For a US top 200 company...

Yourself?
Original post by natninja
Well until October 3rd I AM THE UK physics dept. For a US top 200 company...

Yourself?

Haha, I'm 'interning' as a statistical analyst at our university. I put interning in inverted commas because I haven't needed the help of the stat. analyst beyond the first week and a half :lol:
Original post by Noble.
Haha, I'm 'interning' as a statistical analyst at our university. I put interning in inverted commas because I haven't needed the help of the stat. analyst beyond the first week and a half :lol:

My technical lead is in the states - which means I have to think up work for me to do to justify them paying me... Doing some lovely stochastic modelling atm
Anyone here looking for grad stuff?
Has anyone applied to BlackRock yet? - any ideas on what tests they do?

Do Lazard pre-screen before tests?

EDIT: Seems like they do http://www.lazard.com/media/181312/analyst-recruitment-process-for-website.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by natty_d

I am, there doesn't seem to be a grad thread atm so been posting on here. What divisions are you looking to apply for?
Reply 1328
Hey guys

could anyone who has applied to Lazard and done the tests tell me if they have heard anything after doing so. Also if you have heard back could you let me know how long it took for them to reply.
Original post by natty_d

Yes, applying for IBD grad here. What division are you looking into?
Anybody know if UBS pre-screens before the test? If not, how long do they take to send the test after you submit?
Is UBS trading position opened? I can find only sales (for summer internships)
thank you
yes it is, look carefully.
Do you guys think it matters much if you apply now or in a few weeks with only some having opened apps 1st September?
hi guys,

just wanna check, what are the firms that do not conduct numerical tests/any form of online test?
if I can recall, gs seems to be the only one?
Original post by Michael XYZ
Do you guys think it matters much if you apply now or in a few weeks with only some having opened apps 1st September?

Rolling - Apply asap

After deadline - Apply whenever

Example - Barclays is pretty much done recruiting around November. You want to go to an AC knowing there are 30 positions available, as opposed to 2-3 left to fight for. They also become more picky.
Invite to Lazard second round AC.
Have an offer from one the big american BB's, very happy with the bank/people etc... however would it be detrimental to my current offer to send an app to GS?
Original post by claudia775
Put what you have currently obtained

No, predicted. He hasn't obtained a degree. They are asking for the degree result. Not 1st year, 2nd year or third year results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShadowFlames
I am, there doesn't seem to be a grad thread atm so been posting on here. What divisions are you looking to apply for?

Original post by opusmagnum
Yes, applying for IBD grad here. What division are you looking into?

I was just looking as to where all the grad people were hiding! Did you guys do internships this summer?

I ended up doing a Big 4 CF scheme and a PE internship over the summer so was pondering putting in a couple of apps just in case.

Are there many banks looking for grads? Some years it's been pretty thin on the ground :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending