The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mspipi
Hi Everyone..

Has anyone attended the Assistant Immigration Officer (Pathway) interview yet?.

Had an interview for Assistant Immigration Officer (Pathway) on Monday 9th Feb.
Competency based mainly.
45 minutes, 4 competencies, about 10 mins each
Interviews upto March 2015
2 officers interviewed me, short staffed so should find out end March/ early April 2015
Reply 4881
What part of the country is this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4882
I also had an interview for the Assistant Immigration Officer (Pathway) this week and was told the same about timescales.

I was also told the positions are now permanent not 2 year fixed term and that all positions are now at Becket House (at the time of application there were positions available at Eaton House as well)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello guys I wanna make a new step in my life and I finally know what I want to do I wanna be a immigration assistant officer but I don't know how to apply for it or even how to go about it can someone help me plz thanks
Reply 4884
Original post by ARodrigues
Hello guys I wanna make a new step in my life and I finally know what I want to do I wanna be a immigration assistant officer but I don't know how to apply for it or even how to go about it can someone help me plz thanks

There's plenty of posts on this thread explaining how to apply. Essentially you need to check Civil Service Jobs website and apply when there's a vacancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good morning does anyone know if border force
or immigration enforcement will be recruiting soon for this year many thanks
Not seen anything on civil service site for a while.
Good luck!!!
Live in Yorkshire and had 3 interviews in London in 2014. All on hold, recruitment freeze etc
Am hopeful but timescale may be over a year...
Thanks for the reply I know that's a shame about the recruitment freeze do you have any tips for answering the compentcy questions with the key pointers to be shortlisted
Reply 4888
Original post by TonyM1551
Not seen anything on civil service site for a while.
Good luck!!!
Live in Yorkshire and had 3 interviews in London in 2014. All on hold, recruitment freeze etc
Am hopeful but timescale may be over a year...

What makes you think it will be over a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fac51
What makes you think it will be over a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Timescale over a year!
What I mean is from application to paid employment maybe about 1 year.
Maybe other people have different experiences with timescale, but don't expect a quick decision was my initial point!
Example: Immigration officer (pathway), applied end of September 2014, 1st interview Monday 9th Feb 2015.
Reply 4890
Original post by TonyM1551
Timescale over a year!
What I mean is from application to paid employment maybe about 1 year.
Maybe other people have different experiences with timescale, but don't expect a quick decision was my initial point!
Example: Immigration officer (pathway), applied end of September 2014, 1st interview Monday 9th Feb 2015.

Ah, I thought you meant just for the review! I understand now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spoke to border force (regarding Gatwick deferred start dates)

Still nothing, senior management at gatwick still reviewing the situation

Asked whether our positions still exist- was told they do not know

Asked whether IF gatwick decide they don't want those who have been deffered would be placed somewhere else- was told they don't know

Does not fill me with a lot of confidence!!
Reply 4892
I spoke to staffing and they advised pretty much what you said. It is all dependent on budgets they might decide they don't have the funds and do another freeze. It worries me that they might not have funding to employ the people they require to protect the border but ah well. Wait until April I guess ... With all the media frenzy surrounding terrorism and Isis I would be surprised if they don't recruit. QUOTE=Mrwalton;53904815]Spoke to border force (regarding Gatwick deferred start dates)

Still nothing, senior management at gatwick still reviewing the situation

Asked whether our positions still exist- was told they do not know

Asked whether IF gatwick decide they don't want those who have been deffered would be placed somewhere else- was told they don't know

Does not fill me with a lot of confidence!!
Reply 4893
I think it's about time Border Force issued an update to all applicants. Maybe even tailor the communication to applicants based on location applied for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just hoping that through all this waiting that they still want us as it was stated in the original letter they gave us last year. And that they would not have us wait all this time for nothing
Morning does anyone know the best way when answering, the civil service compentcys including key pointers to score over 4/5 on sift.

Many thanks
Its a joke isn't it?! I received my SC clearance in Sept only to be told 2 days later that all remaining posts had been suspended due to an overspend. Like others I was told that we would be contacted "early 2015". Not once has anyone contacted me with an update. I phoned mid Jan and was told not to phone again as they will contact us with updates.
I'm very dubious about leaving it to them as through my whole eleven month process I had to chase them every step of the way. The correspondence and updates from UKBF was non existent from start to finish.
Wrong forms sent out, duplicate paperwork, completed forms sat on someone's desk for six weeks without being actioned.... These are all things I had to deal with during my application. On missing the deadline by two days from when I received my SC and the posts being put on hold, I wrote to the head of the staffing unit explaining the problems I have had and asking for explanations. Didn't even get a proper reply. Just some generic email reference the cuts.
I have friends and family in the job who assure me that we will be contacted after the start of the new financial year. They are so short staffed its unbelievable. As it is they are unable to do their jobs properly at the moment.
The worrying thing is for all the hearsay and assurances, no one in an official capacity is willing to confirm this yet. I have heard that certain areas of ukbf need to make further cuts/savings.
As frustrating and annoying this all is, I do appreciate these things happen regarding budgets and overspend etc... I just wish someone, somewhere would have the balls and decency to make a decision or at least have the courtesy to keep us posted.
I can't believe that in a government department of that size and magnitude, no one knows what's going to happen regarding the forthcoming budget that is only a month away!
Reply 4897
Agreed... I just keep getting the response that it's come from the highest point and everyone in staffing has no idea. They suggested it was budgeting and that in April we would know but the other day I called and the woman was so nom committal she said they might decide to have another freeze and that we wouldn't neccesarily receivie cobtact in April. To be fair when I referenced the letter Abd the "early part of the year" she did say they probably would contact us but she obviously fufng want to say anything. Ridiculous just want the job now.
Original post by reidy5557
Its a joke isn't it?! I received my SC clearance in Sept only to be told 2 days later that all remaining posts had been suspended due to an overspend. Like others I was told that we would be contacted "early 2015". Not once has anyone contacted me with an update. I phoned mid Jan and was told not to phone again as they will contact us with updates.
I'm very dubious about leaving it to them as through my whole eleven month process I had to chase them every step of the way. The correspondence and updates from UKBF was non existent from start to finish.
Wrong forms sent out, duplicate paperwork, completed forms sat on someone's desk for six weeks without being actioned.... These are all things I had to deal with during my application. On missing the deadline by two days from when I received my SC and the posts being put on hold, I wrote to the head of the staffing unit explaining the problems I have had and asking for explanations. Didn't even get a proper reply. Just some generic email reference the cuts.
I have friends and family in the job who assure me that we will be contacted after the start of the new financial year. They are so short staffed its unbelievable. As it is they are unable to do their jobs properly at the moment.
The worrying thing is for all the hearsay and assurances, no one in an official capacity is willing to confirm this yet. I have heard that certain areas of ukbf need to make further cuts/savings.
As frustrating and annoying this all is, I do appreciate these things happen regarding budgets and overspend etc... I just wish someone, somewhere would have the balls and decency to make a decision or at least have the courtesy to keep us posted.
I can't believe that in a government department of that size and magnitude, no one knows what's going to happen regarding the forthcoming budget that is only a month away!
Original post by reidy5557

This all seems very similar to my experience, and the whole 'wait for us to contact you' does not work with me, I will continue to call and email them as often as necessary to find out information.
Reply 4899
Starting to think it's time to move on and look for something different. I'll hold out for a bit longer, but I'm pretty sure my local police force will be recruiting PCSOs soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending