The Student Room Group

primary pgce at coleraine

Scroll to see replies

Hey I've applied for this coming year (2015) as well, got my letter on the 12th to ask me to come for an interview on the 6th march- dreading the formal interview, can't believe they were doing storytelling sessions from the beginning of December right up until last week - that's insane!
Original post by littleelf
I have no idea. Would it be on things leading up to KS2 level perhaps? I've asked a friend who did the process and am awaiting a reply. If I find out, I'll post on here :smile:

Good luck all.

Thank you very much..would really appreciate it :smile:.. Good luck to you also!
Original post by Mcgrann91
Thank you very much..would really appreciate it :smile:.. Good luck to you also!

Thank you. Will need it! I'm useless at formal interviews :s-smilie:
Original post by Pyrexkisses
Hey I've applied for this coming year (2015) as well, got my letter on the 12th to ask me to come for an interview on the 6th march- dreading the formal interview, can't believe they were doing storytelling sessions from the beginning of December right up until last week - that's insane!

Congrats! It really is insane, but I guess it's because of the sheer volume of applications.

My interview is on the 4th of March - so will put a post up and let you know what you're in for! :wink:
Reply 164
Congrats! It really is insane, but I guess it's because of the sheer volume of applications.

My interview is on the 4th of March - so will put a post up and let you know what you're in for! :wink:

My story telling was on 10th December and I still haven't heard. When was your story telling? Maybe I could guess when I should be hearing something back. Thanks
Reply 165
I contacted Coleraine today when I saw that some of you had got your interview dates, but they are telling me that letters not out yet and they hope to let everyone know within the next couple of weeks....mixed messages!!! whole process is getting very frustrating!!
Original post by gallen2
My story telling was on 10th December and I still haven't heard. When was your story telling? Maybe I could guess when I should be hearing something back. Thanks

I had my interview only two weeks ago. Sorry. I've no idea how they are working this. Good luck though.
Original post by hope2
I contacted Coleraine today when I saw that some of you had got your interview dates, but they are telling me that letters not out yet and they hope to let everyone know within the next couple of weeks....mixed messages!!! whole process is getting very frustrating!!

Sorry to hear you haven't heard yet. Good luck and I hope it's good news.
Reply 168
Has anyone heard of anybody not getting through to the interviews?
Original post by Miss L
Has anyone heard of anybody not getting through to the interviews?

Hi..no not yet although last year I had both my storytelling and formal interview done by mid January an found out about end of February I was unsuccessful. I think they have put the formal interviews to a later date this year. Don't worry you will hear back good luck. It's a very long drawn out process. I'm worried sick :frown:
Hi all, I also applied for this process but it's an absolute joke! I have a first in my degree, 1 years experience in a grammar school, 3 months in a secondary school and numerous experience with primary age children through sports coaching and youth clubs. I applied like everyone else in November as I graduated in Nov and was only beginning to look for experience in primary schools, I have seen gained employment in one and got an unsuccessful to the whole process! I can't believe I applied in nov and they only contacted me in feb, that's nearly 4 months that they took to get in contact of an outcome 4 months which o was working in a primary school gaining valuable experience! I phoned and explained this I was told no apply again in nov another year out and waiting because there process is so long and drawn out! The experience I had from grammar and secondary is all excellent and very much transferable into a primary setting but wasn't even given an opportunity to show this!

Good luck to all who's waiting on replies and offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I had my storytelling in January and was starting to get nervous about not hearing anything. Does anyone know if the second stage of the interview is also being done in a similar manner to the storytelling?
Hi Amy
delighted to hear you have got through to 2nd interview. I also have interview on 6th March. I would very much appreciate if you could let me know what the format of maths written part is about.
Thinking about you on 4th good luck xx

diane

Hi
would really appreciate advice on maths written part. Good luck to you on 4th just keep calm

Diane x
Hello all

I have just found out that I have got through to 2nd round interviews for PGCE. It's on the 4th of March.

Can anyone give me any tips on what to expect and what the written part is like?

So excited ^_^

Hi
would also like to hear any tips on written part.
Di
Reply 175
Has anyone had a rejection letter? My friend has received nothing?
Original post by Miss L
Has anyone had a rejection letter? My friend has received nothing?

I've got nothing back yet either!! I emailed to ask was there a deadline but no reply

😕
Reply 177
Hi she rang Coleraine yesterday and the said everyone will have heard either way in the next two weeks:-/ As far as I know interviews start tomorrow the 4th March. When did you do your storytelling hers was the 12th Dec.
Hey all

Had interview today ... and I'm thinking it's gonna be a 'no thank you' for me. :s-smilie:

You get half an hour for English, which is to write on a topic of their choice (and I guess will change from day to day).

And you get half an hour for maths. Heads up, it goes a little beyond KS2 and don't over-think the questions like I did. Study everything for it! There were only ten questions on the maths paper - with a few problem solver types.

The interview was ok actually. I'd say the best advice is to relax and brush up on the things that they pointed out on the interview sheet and you'll be good.

I was really annoyed, however, that one girl told me she didn't want to be a primary teacher, but secondary teacher! Then went on to ask me (as we were the only two in the room doing maths, at one stage) what a Factor was?!

All I can say is good luck.
Original post by Miss L
Hi she rang Coleraine yesterday and the said everyone will have heard either way in the next two weeks:-/ As far as I know interviews start tomorrow the 4th March. When did you do your storytelling hers was the 12th Dec.

Hi. There was a sign saying that interviews were today, tomorrow and the sixth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending