The Student Room Group

How do you feel about your GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

Got 5 A's, 2 B's and 3 C's.. Really happy about the A's but was shocked to get a C in Art, my teacher clearly picked her favorite students and gave them good marks just because she got along with them, might get it remarked. I'm over the moon about getting an A in English Lit, was expecting a D :biggrin:
2A*s 3 As 2Bs 2Cs. Pretty good considering that I was so worried this morning that I was nearly sick, had a blazing headache and had a panic attack which caused me to start hyperventilating and shaking so violently that I dropped the glass of water I was drinking to cure my headache all over the floor :biggrin:
Reply 42
hey everyone I need some advice, basically I only applied to one sixth form which I was given a conditional offer but I didnt meet the requirments, I got 4A's 3B's and 1 C (c in english lang) so I was wondering if sixth forms woukd still take meeven though I didnt apply, is it too late?? thankyou
Reply 43
Original post by money-for-all
1 A*
4 A
4 B

Is that good or just okay.... ?

thats really good, u should be pleased with yourself
Original post by Navy17
hey everyone I need some advice, basically I only applied to one sixth form which I was given a conditional offer but I didnt meet the requirments, I got 4A's 3B's and 1 C (c in english lang) so I was wondering if sixth forms woukd still take meeven though I didnt apply, is it too late?? thankyou

From what I understand, this is not uncommon.
Plenty of people apply to sixth-forms after results day. That is if there weren't any additional entrance exams they had to sit beforehand.
All you need to do is e-mail them your results or better yet, visit the schools today (or on whatever day is "enrollment day" for the school) with your results.
Best of luck.
Original post by Chi_99
I wasn't particularly worried in the weeks leading up to results say, mainly because I just tried to block it out (being in a sunny country mostly helped with that).
Last night, however, I was pretty worried and had to trick myself that results day was the day after in order to get to sleep :rolleyes:
Today, just found out I got 9 A*s and 2 As!
Most of my teachers aren't necessarily surprised but after a month or so of subconsciously accepting that I'd done considerably worse, I'm pretty happy with myself.
As with most people, I'm sure that out of all involved, my parents are by far the happiest! :colondollar:

Same for me!!! Haha snap, what subjects did you do?
Reply 46
Original post by money-for-all
1 A*
4 A
4 B

Is that good or just okay.... ?

That is really good! I got 1A* 8A's and 2B's so quite similar
Reply 47
Original post by Chi_99
From what I understand, this is not uncommon.
Plenty of people apply to sixth-forms after results day. That is if there weren't any additional entrance exams they had to sit beforehand.
All you need to do is e-mail them your results or better yet, visit the schools today (or on whatever day is "enrollment day" for the school) with your results.
Best of luck.

Thank you so much xx
Original post by h8skoooooool
Same for me!!! Haha snap, what subjects did you do?

Brilliant! Well done :biggrin:
I did Maths, Statistics, Core Science, Additional Science, Further Additional Science, French, English Language, Literature, History, ICT, R.S.
How about you?
Original post by ouatislifex
I was crying when I came out of school but turns bout everyone did around the same as me or even worse. I was really angry that I got A's in my science exam but my controlled assessment knocked it down to a B

I hate teachers who don't help students who get A-A*s in exams but have bad coursework due to the teacher saying "you can manage".
Well it looks like i am not getting an A* this round. Is that fairly accurate.
Original post by Rainbowhorror01
Feeling awesome with 11 A*s and a Distinction *

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok first happy for your achievement but please calm down its only GCSE.
My cousin got the same grades as you in fact 2 extra A*s than you and she got two Ds and two Cs for A level. Just saying A level ain't as easy as GCSE but since your smart you already know that. xD
Original post by Chi_99
Brilliant! Well done :biggrin:
I did Maths, Statistics, Core Science, Additional Science, Further Additional Science, French, English Language, Literature, History, ICT, R.S.
How about you?

Thanks, well done to you too! And wow, almost the same again haha - except I did psychology instead of your statistics. What are your plans for A level and beyond like uni (if you've planned that far)?
Original post by Pimpology
It seems that only academic people use the student room. Been seeing non stop people saying "full on A/A*s" like the exams were a cakewalk. 3A's 6B's and 1C. I even got a 2 P's, and I'm chuffed. Credit to everyone who did well though, I hardly come from an exceptional school and didn't really put as much effort into revising.

I feel the same man but once A level starts, anything could happen, anyway I got 1 A*,3 As, 3Bs and 3Cs so preety much like you.
Original post by Gogregg
I did so much better than I expected!
I got 1 B, 3 A's, 6A*'s and 1 A^

I'm a tad disappointed in my B (drama) because I ended up getting a D in the theory, so I might get it remarked, but I am absolutely ecstatic about the rest of my grades, I got an A* in one of my English Literature papers, when I was expecting a B (got an A overall), and I got the top grade in Further Maths, which my teacher predicted me, but I wasn't so sure I'd get it when coming out, so I am very happy with that!

I'm also disappointed with a B in drama. One piece of coursework was marked down from an a* to a b and my exam was a b, yet my teacher told our whole group we were in the a-a* range. I'm 2 marks off so I might get a remark, especially since the coursework dropped 2 grades.
Really disappointed I didn't get an A in History, not bc B is a bad grade but because I felt I was capable and I thought the exams went well.
Original post by Phoebe_Lynch
I'm also disappointed with a B in drama. One piece of coursework was marked down from an a* to a b and my exam was a b, yet my teacher told our whole group we were in the a-a* range. I'm 2 marks off so I might get a remark, especially since the coursework dropped 2 grades.

Personally, I don't mind too much if I have to keep the B, but it was a bit annoying seeing that I got a D in the theory when my teacher had told me I was getting B/A's in my practices, and since Drama Theory is an essay, the marking is somewhat subjective, so I may be able to move up a mid B to a low A, but I am definitely going to confer with my drama teacher first, see what she thinks.
Original post by h8skoooooool
Thanks, well done to you too! And wow, almost the same again haha - except I did psychology instead of your statistics. What are your plans for A level and beyond like uni (if you've planned that far)?

I feel like we're kind of taking the thread off-piste - so I'll PM you instead :tongue:
Original post by Kyle1198
Really disappointed I didn't get an A in History, not bc B is a bad grade but because I felt I was capable and I thought the exams went well.

Remark? .. I got a C last year in geography :frown: but I know I did well in the exam and I got an A when it was remarked.
Original post by web-girl
Remark? .. I got a C last year in geography :frown: but I know I did well in the exam and I got an A when it was remarked.

Lol not worth it, I got 7 UMS into the B (287) category and it's something like 320 for an A. My a level will supersede it though so it's okay :smile:
And really? What made you remark?
I fcked up, im really damn sad

Quick Reply

Latest