The Student Room Group

Is this shirt suitable for a part time job interview?

Applying for part time sales assistant like jobs.

http://www.asos.com//Esprit/Esprit-Cotton-Oxford-Shirt-In-Regular-Fit/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5985800

I actually have the shirt and wear it with smart slim fit dark grey trousers and some black shoes. I saw some places not to wear oxford style shirts and others saying it's fine. I leave it untucked like the model on the site, the way it's cut at the bottom makes it still look fine and I also absolutely hate having to tuck my shirt in as I feel I look stupid.

Would this shirt be seen as fine for interviews for the jobs I'm applying? It doesn't need to be perfect, just so I don't look completely out of place.
Depends on shop. If you think you cna look smat with it then fine. A good idea is to check what th staff and manager wear that gives you an idea of what their dress code is. If they are formal shops then id wear a shirt with a proper collar.
No, tuck it in. The interview is not about looking stylish, it's about looking smart and respectful.
Reply 3
Original post by Greatleysteg
No, tuck it in. The interview is not about looking stylish, it's about looking smart and respectful.

I never said anything about trying to be stylish. To elaborate on why I don't like tucking a shirt in, I'm quite a muscular guy and finding it incredibly difficult to find trousers and a white shirt to tuck in that fits well enough that it doesn't look awful. I've got an interview next week and I'm not sure I'll be able to find any that fit correctly in that time. With the shirt I have, not tucking it in doesn't show up of any of it isn't a 100% fit.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Depends on shop. If you think you cna look smat with it then fine. A good idea is to check what th staff and manager wear that gives you an idea of what their dress code is. If they are formal shops then id wear a shirt with a proper collar.

The places I've been applying to have a pretty casual dress code, your basic trousers and polo shirt kind of deal.
Original post by Daniel6
The places I've been applying to have a pretty casual dress code, your basic trousers and polo shirt kind of deal.

Just be smart then. Comb your hair and don't slouch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending