The Student Room Group

Ict help

Hi so I kind of messed up my year 11 exams on ict well it was coursework I got a high d so I'm doing my GCSEs exam this year and my last two controlled assessments where 11 out of 15 and 13 out of 15 So I'm wondering if I do well in the exam worthy 40% can I still get a B or A?
Original post by 22scott11
Hi so I kind of messed up my year 11 exams on ict well it was coursework I got a high d so I'm doing my GCSEs exam this year and my last two controlled assessments where 11 out of 15 and 13 out of 15 So I'm wondering if I do well in the exam worthy 40% can I still get a B or A?

You won't be able too get an A, but you can still get a B with an A* in the exam

it all depends on the grade boundaries that will be released before your results day!
As you said you got a high D grade in your coursework and your coursework is 60% - so you have got 38% lets say because you mentioned its a high D and normally D grade is half % of the 100%
so if you do get 40% in your exams which can be difficult because exams tend to be harder - but lets assume you got an A in your exams which would be 20% lets say, so if you add them up 38 + 20 = 58% that will be a high C or you can get a low B
so grade A i think would be difficult to achieve - just try to get an A in your exam to secure your C grade or maybe you can get an A
:h:
This is the exact reason why i like my final result to come from an exam and none of this course work crap it has ruined so many of my grades :/.
Reply 4
Original post by fatima1998
it all depends on the grade boundaries that will be released before your results day!
As you said you got a high D grade in your coursework and your coursework is 60% - so you have got 38% lets say because you mentioned its a high D and normally D grade is half % of the

100%
so if you do get 40% in your exams which can be difficult because exams tend to be harder - but lets assume you got an A in your exams which would be 20% lets say, so if you add them up 38 + 20 = 58% that will be a high C or you can get a low B
so grade A i think would be difficult to achieve - just try to get an A in your exam to secure your C grade or maybe you can get an A
:h:

Thank you very much I will work hard for my exams:smile: you have motivated me again:smile:
Thank you very much I will work hard for my exams:smile: you have motivated me again:smile:

"again" :erm:
when did i motivated you before :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by ScienceFantatic
You won't be able too get an A, but you can still get a B with an A* in the exam

wgat if I got a b or an a in the exam, also is a c still easily achievable??

Quick Reply

Latest