The Student Room Group

LNAT score for SOAS

How much does SOAS need on the LNAT I mean is 15 too low that is what I have been getting in past papers and my LNAT is next week.
Reply 1
Hello can someone please tell me how much SOAS need on the LNAT to get an offer.
Reply 2
Original post by ahmaa008
Hello can someone please tell me how much SOAS need on the LNAT to get an offer.

The average is about 23. I would suggest 15 would put you at a disadvantage compared the other applicants.
Reply 3
Original post by guest115
The average is about 23. I would suggest 15 would put you at a disadvantage compared the other applicants.

Thank you very much for your advice
Reply 4
Thank you very much for your advice

No problem, best of luck in the lnat
I got 21 or 23 and got an offer from them
Reply 6
Original post by keepdreaming-
I got 21 or 23 and got an offer from them

Thank you it is this Thursday.
I got an offer before sitting my LNAT, if that helps. Why are you sitting the LNAT now? Is this for next year or this year?
Reply 8
Original post by fire_and_ice
I got an offer before sitting my LNAT, if that helps. Why are you sitting the LNAT now? Is this for next year or this year?

I rang them up and they said that they needed the LNAT from me.
I rang them up and they said that they needed the LNAT from me.

:confused:

So, you applied for the next academic year, and you're sitting the LNAT in a few days?

The LNAT isn't a necessary requirement for SOAS. Like I said, I got an offer prior to sitting the exam. It's strange of them for ask you for that, actually, unless they can't decide whether they should give you an offer and will use your LNAT score to help them make that decision.

Are you applying through UCAS extra? If so, that explains a few things.
Reply 10
:confused:

So, you applied for the next academic year, and you're sitting the LNAT in a few days?

The LNAT isn't a necessary requirement for SOAS. Like I said, I got an offer prior to sitting the exam. It's strange of them for ask you for that, actually, unless they can't decide whether they should give you an offer and will use your LNAT score to help them make that decision.

Are you applying through UCAS extra? If so, that explains a few things.

Yes I am applying through extra. Also what does it mean if I am applying through extra.
Yes I am applying through extra. Also what does it mean if I am applying through extra.

I suppose since you're applying through UCAS extra, they're more inclined to pay extra attention to the details of your application. Hence, why they've requested for the LNAT to be taken.

It's not a big deal. Try and smash the LNAT, and you'll stand a good chance - provided your personal statement is of good quality, and your academic record and prediction meets/exceeds the requirements.

Honestly, the best thing to do is to keep practising as many LNAT questions as you can. Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
I suppose since you're applying through UCAS extra, they're more inclined to pay extra attention to the details of your application. Hence, why they've requested for the LNAT to be taken.

It's not a big deal. Try and smash the LNAT, and you'll stand a good chance - provided your personal statement is of good quality, and your academic record and prediction meets/exceeds the requirements.

Honestly, the best thing to do is to keep practising as many LNAT questions as you can. Good luck!

Thank you.
How much does SOAS need on the LNAT I mean is 15 too low that is what I have been getting in past papers and my LNAT is next week.

15 is pretty low, lower than the average has ever been for the LNAT. In 2011 when I applied, the average was 17 and nobody from my school with 17 or lower got a place at a LNAT uni.

The average this year was 23 according to Wikipedia so I would've thought you need to get around that to have a competitive application.
cAN I JUST ASK WHEN YOU CONTACTED THEM OR WHEN THEY CONTACTED YOU, DID THEY GIVE YOU A LINK TO THE LNAT TEST? OR DO YOU JUST RANDOMLY SEARCH SOME RANDOM LNAT TEST ON GOOGLE SEND THE RESULT BACK TO THEM AND THEN YOUR DONE?

if you could just clarify that for me i would be very grateful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending