The Student Room Group

How long does it take to do your makeup?

How long do you take to do your makeup everyday and what products do you use as opposed to if you were going out or for a special occasion?

Any tips on how to speed up makeup application? I feel like I take too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Bout 20 mins. Don't use foundation if your skins good enough. Black cat eyeliner and dark lipstick always make me look well put together. :smile: It takes minimal effort.
Reply 2
On the rare occasion I wear make up - about 5/10 mins

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silverfootsteps
How long do you take to do your makeup everyday and what products do you use as opposed to if you were going out or for a special occasion?

Any tips on how to speed up makeup application? I feel like I take too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 17-20 minutes. I prefer taking my time as opposed to just slapping everything on and looking like a mess (that makes me sound like I use a **** load of make up - I don't).

For parties, I'd say around 25-30 minutes.

Stop using stuff which unnecessarily longs out the process and keep things simple. Also, if you work on having clearer natural skin, you won't have to go through the hassle of having a base that covers any marks/blemishes. Using good quality stuff also makes a big difference, too. Things like chubby sticks and specifically benetint make life a lot easier.
(edited 8 years ago)
20 minutes I'd say
On average around 15 minutes
20 mins
0 mins. I'm naturally beautiful.
5 minutes
Bout 15
Usually about 20 minutes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
0 minutes. I just dont bother in all honesty, i have zero effort in the mornings so props to everyone who does make the effort
5 minutes if I just want to look awake and somewhat presentable

15-20 minutes if I'm doing eyeshadow and the whole shabang.
20-30 minutes on a normal day. I enjoy putting on makeup and it isn't a burden for me. On special occasions could take up to an hour. I would then put on false eyelashes, lipliner and lipstick, more intense eyeshadow and eyeliner. (I wear eyeliner sometimes on a usual day, but 9/10 cannot be bothered) :h:
Up to 10 mins on a normal day, but if I can be bothered, if it's the weekend, if I'm doing something special or if I just feel like it and want to feel pretty, then 20-30 mins :-)
10-15 minutes on a weekday for college (cat eye eyeliner, eyebrows, teeny bit of bronzer for contouring if I'm feeling extra fancy) and then for going out/days where I'm not in a rush then about 20 minutes.
5 mins. But I just wear eyeliner and lip thingies. Thats why

And the same on special occasions.

My hair takes ages tho. Like a full hour and a half to tame and prep. :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
30 minutes daily, probably, I really enjoy wearing makeup, it's fun to me:P
For special occasions, anywhere between 45 minutes and an hour
About 30 minutes but I wear a lot of makeup. (Primer, foundation, concealer, eyebrows, contour, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick & setting spray) :colondollar:
Reply 19
About 30 mins. I do wear a full face of makeup so foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick. Which i know is a bit much but makeup is fun for me and I enjoy doing it. If I rush I can get it done in half the time.

Quick Reply

Latest