The Student Room Group

Intensity of Course

I have a question about the intensity of the course. I've been accepted onto the MA Management at Durham which is 2 years of teaching plus 6 months for the dissertation. Would I have a problem with this?
Original post by EmmaThommo
I have a question about the intensity of the course. I've been accepted onto the MA Management at Durham which is 2 years of teaching plus 6 months for the dissertation. Would I have a problem with this?

Possibly - Durham should be able to specify what the intensity of the course is for you if you ask them directly.

Some full time masters courses are 12 months and some are 15 months. If the full time version of your course is a 15 month one then 30 months for part time would be 50% intensity.
Reply 2
Thank you, I have sent an e-mail to Durham asking about the intensity.

As far as I can they don't offer the course full-time as it's aimed at professionals in work. Would that make a difference to the 50% intensity rule?
Thank you, I have sent an e-mail to Durham asking about the intensity.

As far as I can they don't offer the course full-time as it's aimed at professionals in work. Would that make a difference to the 50% intensity rule?

They should have details on the intensity for their quality and statistical returns.
Reply 4
Emma, Im interested in an answer to your question. If the course you are on is only available PT and has no FT version. Is it eligible? I can't seem to find any answer to this?

How can a course have a intensity? If it doesn't have a FT version ??

Hi It depends if you’re studying full or part time. If you’re studying a full-time course your course can take up to two years, so you wouldn’t be able to get a Postgraduate Loan for a full-time course that takes more than that.

If you’re studying a part-time course you can take up to 4 years for the equivalent of a 2 year full-time course or 3 years if there isn’t a full-time equivalent course (or up to two years for the equivalent of a one year full-time course).

If you’re not sure if your course will be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan the university should be able help you.

Laura
Reply 6
Thank you Laura. I've spoken with the University who have stated that as the programme doesn't exceed 30 months it is eligible. I'm assuming that it falls under the 3 years rule as there isn't an equivalent full time course.
Original post by Mark2511
Emma, Im interested in an answer to your question. If the course you are on is only available PT and has no FT version. Is it eligible? I can't seem to find any answer to this?

How can a course have a intensity? If it doesn't have a FT version ??

Hi

You can get a Postgraduate Loan for a three year part-time course where there’s no full time equivalent.

Otherwise, the course can be up to two years long for the equivalent of a one year full-time course or up to four years long for the equivalent of a two year full-time course.

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending