The Student Room Group

Moving into tax or private sector finance

I've successfully applied for the CS Fast Stream and considering doing Finance. Only thing is, tax is what floats my boat (as much as you can know that without doing accountancy as a job). Does anyone know:

1) Is it hard to hop across to HMRC after the end of the 4 years to focus on tax?

2) Is it hard to get a private sector accountancy job once you've got the qualification (probably ACA)?
Original post by Haymaker
I've successfully applied for the CS Fast Stream and considering doing Finance. Only thing is, tax is what floats my boat (as much as you can know that without doing accountancy as a job). Does anyone know:

1) Is it hard to hop across to HMRC after the end of the 4 years to focus on tax?

2) Is it hard to get a private sector accountancy job once you've got the qualification (probably ACA)?

One of my colleagues in HMRC did the fast stream and became a chartered accountant.

However he is only a HO here has he doesn't have the tax knowledge to be a G7 and he can't be a compliance accountant as he doesn't have private sector experience.

The jump isn't difficult you just have to apply for a job at the end of your course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending