The Student Room Group

My GCSE's are a week tomorrow and I haven't revised at all.

Is it to late to revise now? I'm predicated C's in every subject and in my mocks I only achieved C in English and Business Studies though I got B in ICT. The other subjects I got D's and E's and science is my weakest which is first exam. I have never really revised so I don't know how to but is there much point now?
dw just revise the day before and it is still possible to get A's and A* LOL
Well I'd say it is best to revise because if you want to do A Levels you need at least 5 A* - C's.
Reply 3
Original post by tasla1234
Is it to late to revise now? I'm predicated C's in every subject and in my mocks I only achieved C in English and Business Studies though I got B in ICT. The other subjects I got D's and E's and science is my weakest which is first exam. I have never really revised so I don't know how to but is there much point now?

I gues you shoud be revsing now instead of posting on TSR

Of course there is! You need to aim for the best grades possible, and you can only get that if you study!
Reply 5
Honestly It's still possible to get a good grade revising the week before, but ONLY if you revise properly. I'd recommend making mind maps of all your topics and then summarizing into flashcards. Reading through notes probably won't be enough to get an amazing grade, but it's not too late to try your best now.
Look, Judging by the fact my GCSE's are a week tomorrow, I take it that your first GCSE is French?
Although you are slightly behind, You need to understand that you know more than you think and It's just understanding your weaker areas.
Okay, here's a plan. Each week, I have have a total of 3 Exams, although in one week (Next week) I have 2 and the following week I have 4.
Split your Book into chunks and allocate days as to what Chapters you shall do.
E.g. In my French Revision book, I have 10 chapters and I shall be doing 2 a day, which leaves time to go over Vocab.
The day before the Exam, If you have study leave then Spend a total of 6 hours+ Just on that Topic to polish your weaknesses.
Always leave a week for each exam and on the day before the exam, dedicate all your day for the exam (take good breaks as you can lose your mentality).

It's NOT ABSOLOUTELY TOO LATE, but with a bit of dedication you can bring your grades up to an A.
Reply 7
Never too late to revise. Some people I know are only revising the night before! Quizzes seem to be a good revision method, just have 10 questions on a topic in a subject and keep quizzing yourself until you know it.
what was ur gcse results x im in the same situation lool 2 weeks left
Reply 9

No offence but you shouldn’t have left it this late and know you’ll panic because of this. Just keep calm and do as much work as you can for the upcoming exams, C/5’s won’t be too hard to get if you work hard.
Just revise now! The specification is harder.

Quick Reply

Latest