The Student Room Group

general is the all-nighter worth it dilemma

Okay so, my Religion A2 (first paper) is tomorrow (morning exam) and I've written all my revision notes etc. but haven't actually sat down and learned them.
I only got about 4 hours sleep last night because I was nervous for my History exam (which was today).
So wondering if I should stay up all night/late again to revise for the Religion and if so any advice on how to do it and avoid a complete breakdown?
(edited 7 years ago)
Trust me (speaking from experience here), because you only got 4 hours sleep yesterday, Don't do an all-nighter as your brain won't function properly and you won't be able to think properly enough to answer the questions accurately/ get good marks

using past papers/ tsr, try and predict what will come up and revise that as much as possible- (but still revise everything broadly). I'd also just do 1 past paper to make sure you're used to the timing/ layout- which will prepare your brain for the exam
and get like 4(or more-if you can) hours sleep today

and don't have caffeine as it's a diuretic, it'll just make you want to pee badly in the exam which will hinder your performance (unless you know exactly how your body responds to caffeine)
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
Trust me (speaking from experience here), because you only got 4 hours sleep yesterday, Don't do an all-nighter as your brain won't function properly and you won't be able to think properly enough to answer the questions accurately/ get good marks

using past papers/ tsr, try and predict what will come up and revise that as much as possible- (but still revise everything broadly). I'd also just do 1 past paper to make sure you're used to the timing/ layout- which will prepare your brain for the exam
and get like 4(or more-if you can) hours sleep today

and don't have caffeine as it's a diuretic, it'll just make you want to pee badly in the exam which will hinder your performance (unless you know exactly how your body responds to caffeine)

hahha i realised that i don't have the will power to even attempt to stay up past half 2 (at the latest) so i've elected to attempt to get up early...and if that doesn't work i've always got my insurance uni offer if the results don't go as planned
Original post by aimeem_yikes
hahha i realised that i don't have the will power to even attempt to stay up past half 2 (at the latest) so i've elected to attempt to get up early...and if that doesn't work i've always got my insurance uni offer if the results don't go as planned

I only got an hour and a half of sleep before my Film retake on Tuesday... I wouldn't have been able to write as much if I hadn't but I'd done absolutely no revision before then and you have... plus I was a complete zombie afterwards. Not worth it.

Good luck in your exam though!
Reply 4
Never stay up all night. The advantages of staying up to cram the most amount of info possible gets wiped out by being overtired
Original post by thad33
Never stay up all night. The advantages of staying up to cram the most amount of info possible gets wiped out by being overtired

hopefully a good nights sleep will allow me 2 bs as hard as i can about Luke's Gospel ://

Quick Reply

Latest