The Student Room Group

money or passion

I’m really set on the job i want to do and i feel so passionate about it and i am willing to work hard however i feel it does not provide much money which scares me as someone who has always had to worry about income i want a career that will make me financially comfortable however i dont want to give up my passion so what do i do do i keep pushing for what i love or go for something which is gonna bring in a bigger income
Follow your passion!

(And marry a rich person)

That's my plan anyhow :u:
Original post by ellafaulkner07
I’m really set on the job i want to do and i feel so passionate about it and i am willing to work hard however i feel it does not provide much money which scares me as someone who has always had to worry about income i want a career that will make me financially comfortable however i dont want to give up my passion so what do i do do i keep pushing for what i love or go for something which is gonna bring in a bigger income

Can't offer specific advice as the two specific options aren't known, however I do think a lot of young people - say, university students and recent graduates - underestimate the importance of financial stability in adult life. Being in low paid work may not seem that much of a big deal when you are young, have no real outgoings, and aren't living an adult lifestyle, but as you progress through your twenties, financial stability and income become viewing as more important because they enable a generally more comfortable adult lifestyle.
exactly this is my dilemma my passion is journalism always has been but so many people tell me it’s not worth it and i don’t have a higher paying career in mind yet but i do feel i should change fields if journalism is so low paying
Original post by ellafaulkner07
exactly this is my dilemma my passion is journalism always has been but so many people tell me it’s not worth it and i don’t have a higher paying career in mind yet but i do feel i should change fields if journalism is so low paying

I didn't know journalism was particularly breadline, though I've never really looked into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending