The Student Room Group

Getting girls numbers at a club

I've been a part of the dance society at my university for about 2 years now and I know some good moves. Whenever I go clubbing, I show off my dance moves and it attracts a lot of positive attention from people, especially girls. The girls are keen on copying my moves and dancing with me. But it's when I start to talk to them or ask for their numbers, they start to back off and I've noticed that this happens almost 100% of the time.

Is this approach wrong? Are they only dancing with me because I'm dancing and not because they're interested in me?

How else can I get their numbers?
What do you mean by dance moves lol
And if girls are copying your moves...you must be doing some flamboyant shizz bro
Reply 2
Original post by 0to100
What do you mean by dance moves lol
And if girls are copying your moves...you must be doing some flamboyant shizz bro

I just do the routine that I learned from my society

And they tell me that it's good and gets everyone moving, people like it
Original post by Anonymous
I just do the routine that I learned from my society

And they tell me that it's good and gets everyone moving, people like it

Are you in like a flash mob? Does your dancing require lots of in the air arm movements?
Like this video:

[video="youtube;31crA53Dgu0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31crA53Dgu0[/video]
Reply 4
Are fit and cute?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Are they only dancing with me because I'm dancing and not because they're interested in me?

Bingo.

If I see someone hardcore free styling in a club, male or female, I will join in. I will also high tail it out of there before I'm expected to surrender my phone number to a total stranger... I just like to dance.

It's also probably because you move from "Isn't dancing fun?" to "I want to grab you by the waist and kiss your neck" way too fast. Judge a girl's body actions and how she responds to you before you make a move
I've been a part of the dance society at my university for about 2 years now and I know some good moves. Whenever I go clubbing, I show off my dance moves and it attracts a lot of positive attention from people, especially girls. The girls are keen on copying my moves and dancing with me. But it's when I start to talk to them or ask for their numbers, they start to back off and I've noticed that this happens almost 100% of the time.

Is this approach wrong? Are they only dancing with me because I'm dancing and not because they're interested in me?

LOL classic mistake my friend... I've made the same mistake many years ago. You gotta understand that girls like to categorize guys into "Potential Lovers" and other categories like "Potential Friends" there are other categories you could say but these are the main ones and once they put you in a category it can be really hard to get out.

Now the problem you have is dancing and stealing the show and the attention, this makes girls think of you as a potential friend more than a lover. When a girl goes out she wants guys to give her the attention, not take it from her so what you need to do is act more like a man, if a girl is dancing then don't be all flamboyant and focused on dancing, you need to make it clear that your focused on her and potentially sleeping with her. If your gonna dance then make sure it's sexual like having her dutty whine (grind) on you and that will be your foot in the door of being a potential lover.

Another big mistake guys make is letting the dance last too long, you gotta keep things moving so my rule of thumb is never spend more than 10 minutes doing the same thing, apparently after 30 minutes the average girl makes up her mind as to whether or not she'd be willing to sleep with you, you just gotta keep her engaged for the whole 30 minutes or she'll bugger off. After dancing, you can either suggest the two of you get a drink but only do this if the bar isn't too busy cuz you might take too long and put her off. Me personally, I go to the smoking area because its quiet enough to have a conversation and conversation is where you can really get her into you, it doesn't matter what you say but rather how you say it, you need to sound both confident and relaxed. I should point out that you also have to get physically closer and closer as your interactions progress to the point you both are spontaneously kissing every couple minutes. Flirting is key but it should come naturally when your in that moment, it's a lot about eye contact, tonality and body language more than words so honestly I think anyone can do it.

Needless to say your gonna have to, at one point, suggest that the two of you go home, it's imperative that you make it sound really casual and don't over-emphasize the fact that you want to have sex, you both know it so its better not to state the obvious and make things weird.

good luck my man!

Try a dab g, roadman stylie n that
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
LOL classic mistake my friend... I've made the same mistake many years ago. You gotta understand that girls like to categorize guys into "Potential Lovers" and other categories like "Potential Friends" there are other categories you could say but these are the main ones and once they put you in a category it can be really hard to get out.

Now the problem you have is dancing and stealing the show and the attention, this makes girls think of you as a potential friend more than a lover. When a girl goes out she wants guys to give her the attention, not take it from her so what you need to do is act more like a man, if a girl is dancing then don't be all flamboyant and focused on dancing, you need to make it clear that your focused on her and potentially sleeping with her. If your gonna dance then make sure it's sexual like having her dutty whine (grind) on you and that will be your foot in the door of being a potential lover.

Another big mistake guys make is letting the dance last too long, you gotta keep things moving so my rule of thumb is never spend more than 10 minutes doing the same thing, apparently after 30 minutes the average girl makes up her mind as to whether or not she'd be willing to sleep with you, you just gotta keep her engaged for the whole 30 minutes or she'll bugger off. After dancing, you can either suggest the two of you get a drink but only do this if the bar isn't too busy cuz you might take too long and put her off. Me personally, I go to the smoking area because its quiet enough to have a conversation and conversation is where you can really get her into you, it doesn't matter what you say but rather how you say it, you need to sound both confident and relaxed. I should point out that you also have to get physically closer and closer as your interactions progress to the point you both are spontaneously kissing every couple minutes. Flirting is key but it should come naturally when your in that moment, it's a lot about eye contact, tonality and body language more than words so honestly I think anyone can do it.

Needless to say your gonna have to, at one point, suggest that the two of you go home, it's imperative that you make it sound really casual and don't over-emphasize the fact that you want to have sex, you both know it so its better not to state the obvious and make things weird.

good luck my man!

This is why I'm never going to get laid again. :laugh: :laugh:

OP, this guy ain't far off and clearly understands club culture/behavior. Perhaps look into doing some of this stuff and you should be golden!
Reply 9
Perhaps you're not quite as good as you think or maybe you just have an ugly face. Try the pub and a bit of repartee instead.
Your dancing isn't sexy, it's just fun.
Original post by 0to100
Are you in like a flash mob? Does your dancing require lots of in the air arm movements?
Like this video:

[video="youtube;31crA53Dgu0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31crA53Dgu0[/video]

No, it's not like that at all.

Original post by Zarek
Perhaps you're not quite as good as you think or maybe you just have an ugly face. Try the pub and a bit of repartee instead.

Obviously not the best dancer in my uni but I'm decent and people want to dance with me all the time. I guess I'd consider myself average looking. But I don't get why I have to downgrade from a club night to a pub though. That's the kind of place where I'd go to spend a Saturday afternoon with my Dad lol, not to get girls.

Original post by JavaScriptMaster
x

You talk the most sense here. But it feels good having the crowd cheer me on and wanting to take photos with me. I do go to have a good time but it does annoy when I leave the club with the same number of contacts as when I entered in. I think my problem is that I try to get too much attention and I dance way too long. When girls dance with me, what do I do? As I've said before, when I try to talk to them they back off.

I think also going by with what @Another said about making a move from dancing to initiating contact is too fast is also a good point. I don't get how I can gauge the girl's interest, especially within a club.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending