The Student Room Group

Cie igcse english literature (0486)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vio1999
I did Football after school and the whole text question , you?

I did marriage of true minds and the essay question
Reply 141
who's doing all my sons tomorrow?

do you know where to find model answers for the extract or/and the essay question?

good luck tomorrow and thanks!!
Reply 142
I'm completely lost... i have no idea how to approach the extract nor the essay question for drama.... like i have no idea how to choose my main points....any help?

thanks
Original post by ndk123
who's doing all my sons tomorrow?

do you know where to find model answers for the extract or/and the essay question?

good luck tomorrow and thanks!!

Here you have some all my sons essay practice questions (from my teacher)

To what extent do you think loyalty to family is to blame for Joe's crime in All My Sons?
In 'All My Sons', each and every character is guilty. How far do you agree?To what extent is the play a critique of the ideas of the American Dream?
Original post by Lunabasil
I do spies and merchant of Venice, what poems came up in winter 2015 please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you have tips for mervhant of venice? im doing that tomorrow too
Is anyone doing any revision for the Unseen paper tomorrow? If so, what are you doing?
Anyone doing inspector calls? What should I expect?
Original post by dbrownbeast
Anyone doing inspector calls? What should I expect?

I'm doing An Inspector Calls, and I don't think you can predict anything since it's new on the syllabus this year.
Yeh i get that, it sucks, but how should i prepare and what format is the test like? Is it seen or unseen and how is the test laid out? Do you know?
Hey,

Is there a thread for the CIE English A-level?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 150
how did it go guys?

i'm so happy with the extract question of all my sons :smile:
the only thing is that i didnt have enough time to re read.... but other that this is was good!!
Thought it was pretty good! The All My Sons essay question was a bit meh, but the unseen went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Great question for An Inspector Calls! So much to write about and I really liked the Flowers poem
Did anyone do the prose for the unseen?
Yes I did. I thought it went well. What about you.
Original post by antoca
Great question for An Inspector Calls! So much to write about and I really liked the Flowers poem

Agree with that on both points!
Hey guys, just had paper 2 today; Poetry and Prose
Unfortunately for my second essay based answer on King Henry V I marked my question number wrong since I had read the question for another Shakespeare play. Luckily the question I was meant to do and had blindly attempted were pretty similar thus my content was not completely off. Do you guys know of any cases or what will happen in case of an incident like this??? And what are the likelihood of the examiner completely disregarding my essay due to my false labelling??? thanks guys and I will really appreciate your help.
Original post by hassanschool
Hey guys, just had paper 2 today; Poetry and Prose
Unfortunately for my second essay based answer on King Henry V I marked my question number wrong since I had read the question for another Shakespeare play. Luckily the question I was meant to do and had blindly attempted were pretty similar thus my content was not completely off. Do you guys know of any cases or what will happen in case of an incident like this??? And what are the likelihood of the examiner completely disregarding my essay due to my false labelling??? thanks guys and I will really appreciate your help.

that happened to me on monday for the poetry exam. i labelled i was answering a different question to the one i did :///
Original post by antoca

For AIC did you do the extract or the other question? I'm not sure if I wrote the right thing lol.
Reply 159
Original post by KMPlays
For AIC did you do the extract or the other question? I'm not sure if I wrote the right thing lol.

I did the extract question. It was about how Priestly vividly conveys each character's responses after the Inspector has left.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending