The Student Room Group

are these good enough grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Studenteb3027
These are my own predicted grades and I'm not sure whether they're seen as good or poor grades , like will employers and universities accept them?
Media studies- A
Maths- B
English literature- C/B
English language-B
Religious studies-A/B
Business Btec: D (equivalent to A)
Computing Btec: D (equivalent to A)
history-C/B
Art-C
science- I know I haven't passed science because I did absolutely terrible in the exam!:frown:

Oh dear. I got all A*s if that helps.
Reply 21
Original post by Prussia
Oh dear. I got all A*s if that helps.

How does the fact that you got maximum grades in all your GCSE's help a person seeking reassurance about getting B's and C's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are my own predicted grades and I'm not sure whether they're seen as good or poor grades , like will employers and universities accept them?
Media studies- A
Maths- B
English literature- C/B
English language-B
Religious studies-A/B
Business Btec: D (equivalent to A)
Computing Btec: D (equivalent to A)
history-C/B
Art-C
science- I know I haven't passed science because I did absolutely terrible in the exam!:frown:

Little cheeky saying that a Btec is equivalent to an A at GCSE isn't it?
Reply 23
Original post by CrazyFool229

I think the OP may mean BTEC distinction but I do agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
I think the OP may mean BTEC distinction but I do agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Saying a Computing Btec is worth an A when the Computer Science GCSE is much harder (Not too hard, but still harder) is probably a bit insulting and devalues them.

Hardly?
Hardly?

A BTEC is no where near as rigorous.
A BTEC is no where near as rigorous.

Well I'd rather listen to all the teachers at my school rather that a user under the name of 'crazyfool'
Well I'd rather listen to all the teachers at my school rather that a user under the name of 'crazyfool'

You are welcome to voice your opinion and likewise I am welcome to voice mine. Studenteb3027 doesn't make much sense either.

Also, you posting your grades and asking for thoughts clearly shows you want feedback, but if you aren't willing to accept comments then please do not post on a public forum.
You are welcome to voice your opinion and likewise I am welcome to voice mine. Studenteb3027 doesn't make much sense either.

Also, you posting your grades and asking for thoughts clearly shows you want feedback, but if you aren't willing to accept comments then please do not post on a public forum.

I want feedback from what I have asked not unnecessary comments which are completely irrelevant to what I am asking.
I want feedback from what I have asked not unnecessary comments which are completely irrelevant to what I am asking.

I am giving you feedback, a BTEC certainly isn't as rigorous as a full GCSE.

Your grades are decent but probably not competitive. Fundamentally AS and A2 will be the most important, though.

Good luck in your studies.

Your grades are decent but probably not competitive. Fundamentally AS and A2 will be the most important, though.

Thank you!
Reply 32

Clearly wasn't feedback, you were trying to clearly belittle him, weren't you crazyfool? A Btec Distinction is the same as an A, although it doesn't have the same importance, it still matters #JUANMATA
Original post by Lalarw
Clearly wasn't feedback, you were trying to clearly belittle him, weren't you crazyfool? A Btec Distinction is the same as an A, although it doesn't have the same importance, it still matters #JUANMATA

I never said it doesn't matter, all I said was that it isn't as rigorous.

GCSE Computer Science (Although not very difficult) is not even close to BTEC Computing

Quick Reply

Latest