The Student Room Group

Met my offer conditions...sorta? Please help!

Hello,
I've just completed my final year and I have a good idea about what my grades are like. I have an offer from my firm choice uni, and I know by grades are going to not meet their conditions, but only because I've achieved better in some qualifications and not in others.

My offer is DM at BTEC + AB in A-levels
I know at this point I've achieved D*D* in my BTEC but most likely achieved only BC in my A-levels.

The offer didn't tell me I had to achieve a grade in any specific subject, and the total UCAS points I have from my grades are 450 (I also got an A in the EPQ qualification which my university accept) and their offer total is only 440 UCAS points...which technically means I've achieved more by getting these grades. My offer only gave me DM as a grade requirement because that was my predicted grade for this year.
I've also checked on unistats and the course has accepted people onto it with only 320 ucas points...the mean average being 400-439.
My teachers have also only predicted me BC, which is what I have achieved, so the uni gave me an offer based on being two grades above this which I find a bit odd?

What is the chance of them letting me in even though I've got a slightly different grade equivalent to their offer? Just want to stop being so anxious about it! Thank you :smile:
Original post by STEMfit
Hello,
I've just completed my final year and I have a good idea about what my grades are like. I have an offer from my firm choice uni, and I know by grades are going to not meet their conditions, but only because I've achieved better in some qualifications and not in others.

My offer is DM at BTEC + AB in A-levels
I know at this point I've achieved D*D* in my BTEC but most likely achieved only BC in my A-levels.

The offer didn't tell me I had to achieve a grade in any specific subject, and the total UCAS points I have from my grades are 450 (I also got an A in the EPQ qualification which my university accept) and their offer total is only 440 UCAS points...which technically means I've achieved more by getting these grades. My offer only gave me DM as a grade requirement because that was my predicted grade for this year.
I've also checked on unistats and the course has accepted people onto it with only 320 ucas points...the mean average being 400-439.
My teachers have also only predicted me BC, which is what I have achieved, so the uni gave me an offer based on being two grades above this which I find a bit odd?

What is the chance of them letting me in even though I've got a slightly different grade equivalent to their offer? Just want to stop being so anxious about it! Thank you :smile:

If your self-predictions are correct then unfortunately you have not met your offer and it will be up to the uni to decide whether to accept you. Given that their offer asked you only to meet your Btec prediction but significantly exceed your A-level predictions could well mean that they will give more weight to the latter. This would obviously not be good for you.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
If your self-predictions are correct then unfortunately you have not met your offer and it will be up to the uni to decide whether to accept you. Given that their offer asked you only to meet your Btec prediction but significantly exceed your A-level predictions could well mean that they will give more weight to the latter. This would obviously not be good for you.

Hi, thank you for your response.
Given that I am well within the parameters on their acceptance grades for this course, but just have a different set of grades, would it be worth re-applying through ucas if they decline this offer?

I sent them an e-mail earlier this year as there were extenuating circumstances related to my exams and they responded that they would take this into consideration.

Thanks again!
Original post by STEMfit
Given that I am well within the parameters on their acceptance grades for this course, but just have a different set of grades, would it be worth re-applying through ucas if they decline this offer?

I sent them an e-mail earlier this year as there were extenuating circumstances related to my exams and they responded that they would take this into consideration.

Thanks again!

Not really. They receive your results the weekend before you get them and will therefore have considered any extenuating circumstances prior to you getting their decision.
Original post by STEMfit

Thanks again!

While you got the number of ucas point that their offer equaled (with your prediction) you have missed your offer by 2 grades so itll be up to them if they accept of reject you

If they reject you once they have your results then there is no point in re applying as they have already seen your grades and decided its not what they want
Reply 5
Original post by madmadmax321
While you got the number of ucas point that their offer equaled (with your prediction) you have missed your offer by 2 grades so itll be up to them if they accept of reject you

If they reject you once they have your results then there is no point in re applying as they have already seen your grades and decided its not what they want

I thought that would be the case, ah well. Thank you anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending