The Student Room Group

new driver insurance

i just passed my test and bought a renault clio 1.5 diesel and im trying to get it insured but i cant find any companies that are under 2,500. They wont even let me insure the car in one of my parents names and then let me be a named driver on the policy because my parents both have policies out on their own cars. ive also tried addin inthe black box and it hasnt really made that much of a difference. Does anyone know a way i could get the insurance price down? any help would be really appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ccrowe663
i just passed my test and bought a renault clio 1.5 diesel and im trying to get it insured but i cant find any companies that are under 2,500. They wont even let me insure the car in one of my parents names and then let me be a named driver on the policy because my parents both have policies out on their own cars. ive also tried addin inthe black box and it hasnt really made that much of a difference. Does anyone know a way i could get the insurance price down? any help would be really appreciated :smile:

More Than Smart Insurance with a black box. Ask to put your parents as main driver but don't use their no claims bonus, they then won't have a problem with it at all it'll just lower your price. Reduce your annual mileage also.
Don't put your parents as main driver - as you'll be driving the car more (it's yours/they have their own) it's fraud.

Put them as named drivers, it should bring the price down.

Unfortunately new drivers have to pay high premiums - if you can afford the insurance you can't afford to drive, unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaymarriott
Don't put your parents as main driver - as you'll be driving the car more (it's yours/they have their own) it's fraud.

Put them as named drivers, it should bring the price down.

Unfortunately new drivers have to pay high premiums - if you can afford the insurance you can't afford to drive, unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and if he cant afford the insurance he still wouldnt be able to afford to drive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending