The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think your growth spurt is taking its time TBH. Don't worry. I myself have a friend who is only five foot three inches, and he's 15 years old. Besides, it could worse...
http://m.wikihow.com/Look-Taller

You should realize those geometric shapes are just illusion caused by interactions between your eyes and the environment.

Read this. It's probably helpful.

http://www.staceylane.net/the-iceberg-illusion-and-why-comparison-sucks/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says I'm 16 and I'm 5'4, is that it for my height? Have I stopped growing?

It's so awkward being my height, everyone is taller than me - even most girls :frown:
It's depressing especially when you see that you're out of all the required height ranges on the relationships forum on tsr lol...

Is there any hope left for me because I've heard pretty much everyone stops growing at 16.

God... This sucks.

First of all fall in love with yourself. Respect yourself. Your height is awesome girls of small stature are notoriously hot. Shorter is better. Love what you have and stop stressing with negative issues. Good luck and my wishes for you to prosper in a career, and have a great relation with a good guy who can relieve you of all the stress.
Happy hunting for your Knight in shiny armor.
NOT A DIRTY OLD MAN.
OP it's better to concentrate on things which you have some control over. if you work hard and get well-qualified you can land a good job, which goes a long way with the ladies.
Well you are on the shorter side but who knows, you might get taller.
Reply 25
I know people have said similar things but the key is confidence: If you are confident and out-going people notice you more despite your height, and people tend to notice your height less if you're loud. Also if you tend to hang around with people of a similar height then people won't see you as so short as there are a group of you. And with 5 years of growth left you could be 5'6" to 5'10" by the time you finish growing especially if you haven't already had a growth spurt.
Most males don't grow drastically after 16/17, sorry bro you may just be unlucky on this one.
I'm 5'7" and o think I'm hopefully still growing. So you still have time. Don't worry.
I doubt you have finished growing, but I it doesn't look like you will grow up to be very tall. That is not a bad thing at all! Firstly plenty of females are below 5'4" (you'll probably grow up to be taller), and there's more to finding a mate than height anyway.

I was 5'4" when I was 16, now I'm 17 and 5'6/7". I doubt I will grow up to be very tall, but without sounding vain I have attractive features about me.

So to answer your question, dw because you're still a bit young for one, and two, chances are you haven't finished growing yet
Well I'm slightly taller than my mum and my dad is taller than me by about a head, I don't know their exact heights.

You should give yourself about 4-5 years to know your permanent height. Anyone tall or average height in your family?
I'm 17 and still am growing slightly(I am about 5"11 and am taller than both of my parents), you will probably end up being 5"5 but don't let that annoy you, few will issue you for your height when you're an adult
Original post by dwhaas5
First of all fall in love with yourself. Respect yourself. Your height is awesome girls of small stature are notoriously hot. Shorter is better. Love what you have and stop stressing with negative issues. Good luck and my wishes for you to prosper in a career, and have a great relation with a good guy who can relieve you of all the stress.
Happy hunting for your Knight in shiny armor.
NOT A DIRTY OLD MAN.

I'm a guy lol

Original post by SmileyVibe
You should give yourself about 4-5 years to know your permanent height. Anyone tall or average height in your family?

My eldest brother is the tallest, he's average height I'd say. But I have another brother (3 of us) who is older again, I think 19, and he's smaller than me by a bit, around 5'3.5"
Stoping being so insecure about yourseld and just put up with it. I am a girl and i am 152cm and i dont think i will grow any taller. I have learnt to love myself and stop comparing myself with other people, there will anyway be something you are not satisfy with even if you are taller. Even if yiu are 6 feet if you probably be wondering why you have a big nose , a big face etc. A relationship based on height is not gonna to work out from what i have heard. If you are scared that no one will like to because of it then you are wrong because you will eventually find someone who appreciates your inner beauty. People who tell you you are short are idiots bwcause this is just to make themseleves feel more superior and authoritative. It doesnt matter with your height, even a dwarf can find love as far as i am concerned. You need to overcome the pressure that the taller you are, the better you are. No i have learnt to reject that because you need to kove yourself and embrace every single imperfection you have. Next time if you ever feel down again, juat say to yourself , i love myself for who i am.
Reply 33
I'm a boy age 16 and height is 1.59m last time I checked and I still didn't grow last year on my bday dec 28 and I'm still the same height too. Can anyone answer if I can grow taller?
Reply 34
As the title says I'm 16 and I'm 5'4, is that it for my height? Have I stopped growing?

It's so awkward being my height, everyone is taller than me - even most girls :frown:
It's depressing tbh especially when you see that you're out of all the required height ranges on the relationships forum on tsr lol...

Is there any hope left for me because I've heard pretty much everyone stops growing at 16.

God... This sucks.

dude its ok for your age and height; like i am 17 years old and still 5'9 and i was literally the same height as u when i was 16 so yes there is hope
(edited 6 years ago)
But to be a girl makes it WAY easier tbh I’m 14 and about 5‘1 and I’m pretty short there is definitely still hope for me but I know what it’s like to be made fun of for height I’ve grown 3 inches in the past 4 yearsso...

It's depressing tbh especially when you see that you're out of all the required height ranges on the relationships forum on tsr lol...

God... This sucks.

Im 17 and 5'0 dont worry.
I am 5.3, my father is 5.9 and my mother is 5.2 and my brother is also 5.9, am 16 year's old, can I grow to my father's height.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 38
Just curious has you height change
Tbh I’m 19 and I’m 5’2, my ex was 5’4 and it wasn’t a problem, he was 22 years old. Sounds lame I know, but I loved him for him (broke up cause he cheated). Either way, short girls love guys who are taller, but that doesn’t mean you have to be 6ft 😂. Some girls are super insecure about their height, I deffo am. So tbh you’re the perfect height for girls who are 5’2 and under. You don’t stop growing until 18 hunny, not 16. You’ve got time :smile: xx

Latest

Trending

Trending