The Student Room Group

Year 10 preparation

Scroll to see replies

Goodluck for everybody who will do their GCSE's in 2017. Work hard as this is the foundation stone and your GCSE's will always matter. I just left Year 13 and I am going to study law at Coventry University (hopefully). I will be more than happy to advise anyone if you want my advice that is. I have a new blog also on social issues. Feel free to check it out and share it with anyone who might be interested. Just looking to inspire and empower people and maybe even help out some of you guys hehe.

Philachange.wordpress.com
Original post by Vanessaxx98
Goodluck for everybody who will do their GCSE's in 2017. Work hard as this is the foundation stone and your GCSE's will always matter. I just left Year 13 and I am going to study law at Coventry University (hopefully). I will be more than happy to advise anyone if you want my advice that is. I have a new blog also on social issues. Feel free to check it out and share it with anyone who might be interested. Just looking to inspire and empower people and maybe even help out some of you guys hehe.

Philachange.wordpress.com

Do you have any advice for A levels?:h:
I will be doing maths, biology, chemistry and economics and am aware that they require much more work and effort than at GCSE- where I managed to get away with minimum work so I want to stay ahead next year.

Best of luck at unii!:biggrin:
Original post by sunshine774
Do you have any advice for A levels?:h:
I will be doing maths, biology, chemistry and economics and am aware that they require much more work and effort than at GCSE- where I managed to get away with minimum work so I want to stay ahead next year.

Best of luck at unii!:biggrin:

YESSS! I cannot stress the importance of making notes right from September. The jump from GCSE to AS is so much. I liken to you I had natural ability and got A's and A*s in my GCSE's. Unfortunately I had the wrong mentality and believed that I should not revise as much and got BCCC in my AS. They were decent grades but I was disappointed as I wanted to do so much better. I just want you to know that hard work will pay off. My sixth form peers done the sciences and try and do past papers throughout the year and index cards. However with a strong personal statement and references I got into all my university choices including University of Birmingham. Goodluck for everything and although I done History, English Literature and Philosophy I can try and help in any other way. I recommend the website cram for flash cards and also memrise has some good things. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enjoy your summer and work as hard as you can. YOUR AS GRADES DETERMINE YOUR UNIVERSITY/ APPRENTICESHIP PLANS AND EVEN YOUR EMPLOYMENT PLANS !!!

Sorry it turned into a long post but I am so passionate about helping other people and please do not make the same mistake that I made.
YESSS! I cannot stress the importance of making notes right from September. The jump from GCSE to AS is so much. I liken to you I had natural ability and got A's and A*s in my GCSE's. Unfortunately I had the wrong mentality and believed that I should not revise as much and got BCCC in my AS. They were decent grades but I was disappointed as I wanted to do so much better. I just want you to know that hard work will pay off. My sixth form peers done the sciences and try and do past papers throughout the year and index cards. However with a strong personal statement and references I got into all my university choices including University of Birmingham. Goodluck for everything and although I done History, English Literature and Philosophy I can try and help in any other way. I recommend the website cram for flash cards and also memrise has some good things. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enjoy your summer and work as hard as you can. YOUR AS GRADES DETERMINE YOUR UNIVERSITY/ APPRENTICESHIP PLANS AND EVEN YOUR EMPLOYMENT PLANS !!!

Sorry it turned into a long post but I am so passionate about helping other people and please do not make the same mistake that I made.

Thank you so much for your brilliant advice!:h: I will work as hard as I can next year!:biggrin:
Original post by sunshine774
Thank you so much for your brilliant advice!:h: I will work as hard as I can next year!:biggrin:

Haha you are so welcome !! Sorry for the lifelesson at this hour but I have regrets in A levels where I should have pushed myself so much more. Easier said than done with motivation I know lmao. I am glad that you liked my advice. Ermm if you ever need any more advice feel free to either pm me on The Student Room you can send me an email as I check my emails frequently. [email protected]
Haha you are so welcome !! Sorry for the lifelesson at this hour but I have regrets in A levels where I should have pushed myself so much more. Easier said than done with motivation I know lmao. I am glad that you liked my advice. Ermm if you ever need any more advice feel free to either pm me on The Student Room you can send me an email as I check my emails frequently. [email protected]

Thank you so much you are a very kind person!:smile:
Aww that gladdens my heart to read that. Best of luck for your A level journey and your GCSE results bet they are amazing!! If you wouldnt mind checking out my blog and sharing it with anyone else who might like it. Philachange.wordpress.com
Pls don't do anything and just enjoy yourself bc literally year 11,12 and 13 will be exams then it's uni for another 3-5 years (even more depending on your degree) then the stress of finding a job and possibly marriage etc etc so basically you're doomed after year 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by sumonaafrose
Does anyone have advice for year 10? Any revision required for the summer holidays? What should I do for each of the subjects- revision? homework?

Ofcorse, how you revise determines how long it lasts in your memory. for exams the most important thing is, you should practice past apeprs. analyse them and see which topics repeat most. focus most on these. further you should daily revise your work. Another thing is dont try to memroise facts, instead try to learn the same concept in range of different methods (eg- video text book extra source do an internt research practice questions) this helps to soldify you knowledge on the area and strenghtne it. this knowledge lasts much much longer. Trust me it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest