The Student Room Group

How much ppl to invite to a abroad wedding??

Me and hubby are getting married nxt July or August, and its going to be in Jamica. We are going to pay for the hotel for them (to bring the cost down for them), so of course not TOO much ppl will come bcz it will be very expensive for us!!! We are having a reception when we come back.
How much ppl would be good??
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
How long is a piece of string? Obviously you have to consider how many close family members you want there, then think about friends, and work out how much you can realistically afford. You will probably have to accept that some people won't be able to come even if you do pay for accommodation.
Original post by Talkand...Talk
Me and hubby are getting married nxt July or August, and its going to be in Jamica. We are going to pay for the hotel for them (to bring the cost down for them), so of course not TOO much ppl will come bcz it will be very expensive for us!!! We are having a reception when we come back.
How much ppl would be good??

How many people can you afford to pay for a hotel for is the question really? As Helenia says some people won't make it so maybe prepare to over invite slightly.
Original post by Helenia
How long is a piece of string? Obviously you have to consider how many close family members you want there, then think about friends, and work out how much you can realistically afford. You will probably have to accept that some people won't be able to come even if you do pay for accommodation.

yes thats true, i think it will mostly be family.
Original post by claireestelle
How many people can you afford to pay for a hotel for is the question really? As Helenia says some people won't make it so maybe prepare to over invite slightly.

i think i might have 10 or 12 ppl come?? or 18?? Each parent is giving £500, so thta means £2000. We are spending about £3500-£6000. So i think 12 might be OK, the accomdation we are looking at is £85 per night, so 3 nithgs will be £255 pp, and we get 10% off in groups over 10, so £2754., mmmmm
(edited 7 years ago)
i think i might have 10 or 12 ppl come?? or 18?? Each parent is giving £500, so thta means £2000. We are spending about £3500-£6000. So i think 12 might be OK, the accomdation we are looking at is £85 per night, so 3 nithgs will be £255 pp, and we get 10% off in groups over 10, so £2754., mmmmm

Do you know all 12 can afford the flights and can get the time off work? That's quite the rough budget range:tongue:
Original post by claireestelle
Do you know all 12 can afford the flights and can get the time off work? That's quite the rough budget range:tongue:

thats true!! OMG im soo confused. Abroad weddings are harder than i thought! Shall we pay for teh fligths instead of accomadation? Should the bugdet be more then??
thats true!! OMG im soo confused. Abroad weddings are harder than i thought! Shall we pay for teh fligths instead of accomadation? Should the bugdet be more then??

Rather than thinking about what the budget should be, shouldn't you be thinking about what you can get for what you can afford without starting your marriage in debt?:tongue: yes weddings abroad will be more expensive automatically, I think you should make a list of what's most important to you both for your wedding and then decide. Why not ask who you would have as guests if they could afford to come before booking anything?
Reply 8

The other option would be to have a small wedding abroad (i.e. just immediate family, or even just the happy couple and then stay for the honeymoon - I can recommend it :wink: ) and a bigger reception party at home. Much cheaper...
Original post by jneill
The other option would be to have a small wedding abroad (i.e. just immediate family) and a bigger reception party at home. Much cheaper...

yes thats what we were planning on doing!!! I might just take 8-10 ppl to Jamica with me
Reply 10
yes thats what we were planning on doing!!! I might just take 8-10 ppl to Jamica with me

But even 8-10 guests is a lot to take tothe Caribbean. The expense ramps up quickly.

I'd highly recommend just the pair of you going on your own...
Reply 11
You started saying 18, or 12 or 10, or now 8...

2 is best. :smile: The bride and groom.
Original post by jneill
But even 8-10 guests is a lot to take tothe Caribbean. The expense ramps up quickly.

I'd highly recommend just the pair of you going on your own...

Yh and as we are having the reception at home we can invite loads of ppl then :biggrin:
Reply 13
Yh and as we are having the reception at home we can invite loads of ppl then :biggrin:

Honestly it's the best plan :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending