The Student Room Group

Would you be ok with your partner doing a sex scene in a movie?

Say your wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend was an actress/actor and they were given a big part in a major blockbuster movie which would enhance their career giving them good credits and money. The only thing is, there would be a raunchy sex scene where your partner and the other person would be fully naked where parts of their body would be exposed to the public as it is a major movie. Of course they wouldn't really have sex so it's all fake but the scene will be a scene like in the movie Monster's Ball which was notoriously known for its intenseness concerning the sex scene lol I don't know if halle berry had a partner at the time of the shooting for the movie or scenes such as in 50 shades of grey with Jamie Dornan. He is married and his wife explained she felt discomfort with the scene but I give her props for still allowing him to do it.

What's your take on this?
I don't know how I feel about it.

As someone who does acting but hasn't had a role needing a sex scene yet, I'm still open to doing a sex scene as I'm playing a role, a persona. My partner said he wouldn't feel comfortable because in some scenes the "caressing" is real
which is true though there's no actual intercourse or penetration involved.
But the "thought of another man 'touching' or 'kissing' places other than my lips" in his opinion to way too much, even for acting. I don't know. To make a scene as realistic as possible but also safe regarding boundaries I could understand why it is needed though.
nop, nop, just no
(edited 7 years ago)
Well I wouldn't really be happy.

That's the thing you see. That's the trade-off you'll have to make. Do the scene to further your career maybe and possibly lose him, or don't do it and continue your relationship with him. I'm not saying this relationship will end, in fact, he may come to terms with it anyway, but not everyone in this circumstance would be happy.
If my partner was comfortable with it, then sure. It's her body - other people might see it, but she doesn't know or love them, she loves me. So sure.
Tbh, I would be okay. Like it's just acting, it is not like they are actually doing it. But then again I am not really the "jealous" type
Reply 5
I would be okay with it. It's not sexy for the actors. It's all worrying about angles, facial expressions, how you sound, displaying the image as the director wants.

I'd be majorly impressed if anyone could find that sexy with 30+ people around you analysing every move. I mean you have someone whose job is purely to make sure that there isn't an accidental real vagina or penis on film. Yeah proper sexy and worth being jealous over 🙄
Didn't Bradgelina come into being from filming Mr & Mrs Smith? And then Brad and Jennifer had a divorce as a result.
No way I'd allow that
Reply 8
I'd enjoy the $$$
Original post by Anonymous
Say your wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend was an actress/actor and they were given a big part in a major blockbuster movie which would enhance their career giving them good credits and money. The only thing is, there would be a raunchy sex scene where your partner and the other person would be fully naked where parts of their body would be exposed to the public as it is a major movie. Of course they wouldn't really have sex so it's all fake but the scene will be a scene like in the movie Monster's Ball which was notoriously known for its intenseness concerning the sex scene lol I don't know if halle berry had a partner at the time of the shooting for the movie or scenes such as in 50 shades of grey with Jamie Dornan. He is married and his wife explained she felt discomfort with the scene but I give her props for still allowing him to do it.

As someone who does acting but hasn't had a role needing a sex scene yet, I'm still open to doing a sex scene as I'm playing a role, a persona. My partner said he wouldn't feel comfortable because in some scenes the "caressing" is real
But the "thought of another man 'touching' or 'kissing' places other than my lips" in his opinion to way too much, even for acting. I don't know. To make a scene as realistic as possible but also safe regarding boundaries I could understand why it is needed though.

I'd be ok with it as then they get more money so we can head towards being a power couple
Original post by Bezoar
Didn't Bradgelina come into being from filming Mr & Mrs Smith? And then Brad and Jennifer had a divorce as a result.

Oh yea. That's a very good point actually.
Yea, I think sometimes it isn't a good idea or your partner could be taken away from you as with Brad and Jennifer. Angelina is hot too so I would be a bit, tad jealous and insecure.
Reply 11
It won't be the sex scene that splits a couple up. On a movie like that, they are spending months away from their spouses getting to know each other intimately (on emotional and intellectual level) - that is more dangerous than fake sex because that is the stuff that attraction builds on. Most people won't leave a relationship they're happy with for a one night stand. They would, however, leave if they fell in love with someone else.
Original post by Anonymous

I would obviously be a little bit uncomfortable if my partner was involved in a sex scene of a movie, but its completely different to what me and my partner would experience in our personal life.

A sex scene in a movie is part of their job, they are professional and there will be absolutely no intercourse or any feeling at all on their part, its just something they are required to do to complete their job. So yes I would be fine with them doing that providing we sat down before hand and I was comfortable that they understood my boundaries.
It depends on how much my girlfriend would be getting paid? If she was being paid loads then I would demand she take the part. I'd be standing on the side as her cheer leader, telling her how to cup the testicles and work the shaft.

And when I finally got hold of that money, I would dump her so fast.

No way am I gonna date a h0.
If he's trying he's dying,I wouldn't mind a little action with Jamie dornan :love:
its a no from me. not a chance.
lifes not all about money
definitely wouldn't be okay with it...
Reply 17
It was conformed to be actually sex in “Monster Ball” but regardless I wouldn’t be comfortable but if it was actually unsimulated (real sex) it would definitely be a deal breaker for me
^ I wonder what you were typing into the search bar to find an almost 6-year-old thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending