The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
I agree - people are seriously underestimating the importance of Kante and what he will bring to Chelsea.

Game isn't over but very poor from Leicester in arguably the easiest opening game they could've hoped for.

Hopefully he improves Chelsea then I have hazard. Although their defenders to expensive. Might reconsider if they kept lots of clean sheets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Hopefully he improves Chelsea then I have hazard. Although their defenders to expensive. Might reconsider if they kept lots of clean sheets

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a shame that such a quality player is pointless for FPL.
DM is the worst position because you do all that work and only get 1 point for a CS...
Snodgrass has looked decent. Budget midfielder shout over the coming weeks?
Fischer isnt going to start today? :frown:
Awful from Leicester but Hull's defenders were magnificent, particularly in the second half.

They sat so deep to counter Leicester's pace and it worked so well. Davies, Snodgrass and Diomande were all brilliant throughout and Hull thoroughly deserve the victory.

Unreal how a newly promoted side can beat the Premier League Champions without signing a single new player.
What is football...
Don't have any Leicester players. Not looking like an issue. Will probably get Mahrez in when he moves to Arsenal :colone:

More concerned with my lack of Chelsea defender and no Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool players. But Liverpool have a disgusting first 5 games, Arsenal have injuries and a so so fixture list and with Hazard Ibra and Aguero there is little in the budget for spurs players. Will look to bring in a spurs attacking option in GW4 when United face City as spurs fixtures are looking good from there on.
Baines looks a steal at 5.5m. He is consistently one of the best defensive options and his price is low due to a poor season last year for Everton and injury. But with Williams to come in I'd say they have actually improved their defence. 100+pts every year since 08/09 bar last season, which is a great return.
Reply 266
Original post by SuperHuman98
Fischer isnt going to start today? :frown:

Yeah, cue Boro 3-0 win now. He'll start next week after I sell him
I had Musa, only got 2 points. Shame, he played well and really should have taken some shots instead of laying it off to Vardy.
Well that's my transfer for this week sorted already. Morgan is out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Yeah, cue Boro 3-0 win now. He'll start next week after I sell him

dammit, I have negredo anyway xD
I'm so glad that Mahrez scored that penalty. I also have him as captain.
Realised that I have a Bou defender in starting 11 with a middlesborugh defender on yhe bench wtf was i thinking.

This week is going to be awful
Can you do transfers during the course of the season?
Original post by ak143244

yes, you have 1 free transfer per GW, after that it'll cost you 4 points per transfer during the GW. If you don't use your free transfer, it'll carry over to the next GW, so you have 2. You can't have more than 2.

You can also activate wildcards which will let you do unlimited transfers during the GW, which there are 2 of, one used in the 1st half of the season, the other 2nd.
Original post by ak143244

1 free transfer each week. Each additional transfer costs 4 points.

You can move 1 transfer across each week (if you don't use your transfer this week you will get 2 for in between game 2 and game 3), but no more than 1 (if you didn't use a transfer in week 1 or week 2, you would only get 2 transfers for week 3).

You can use a wildcard once during each half of the season, where you can make as many transfers as you like with no penalty. Most players who take fantasy football seriously do this before a double game week, where teams play twice in 1 week, so that they can pick the most in form players playing 2 games in one week.
Reply 275
FFS Capoue is my first sub

Fischer please stay on that bench!!
Well that didn't go to plan :colonhash: Morgan is out and Musa I haven't decided. Mahrez can stay :u:
Defense is holding up ok.. *Need spurs to do something in attack though, if I am to get anywhere this week**
Had Negredo captained until this morning. Bitter sweet there.
**** - until reading above, I had completly forgotten about captains. Been a year since i last thought about fantasy football.*

Just checked, and it must have defaulted to my striker - kane. Well ****, hope he does something in the 2nd half. *

Latest