The Student Room Group

Firm choice won't release me into clearing... Now what?

I had a conditional offer with Birmingham city uni, which changed to unconditional today (even though I didn't meet the entry requirements so I can't use adjustment). I no longer want to go to BCU, and have called Uni of Leicester and Aston uni who have both said they could offer me places but I can't accept either as I'm not in clearing. I called BCU first thing at 9am, and was told to email their clearing address to request my release with my details but I haven't had anything back. I called BCU again at 5.00 and they said there was nothing they could do, except be patient. Really worried I will lose my offers at Aston and Leicester now, does anyone have any advice?
Original post by Sian-97
I had a conditional offer with Birmingham city uni, which changed to unconditional today (even though I didn't meet the entry requirements so I can't use adjustment). I no longer want to go to BCU, and have called Uni of Leicester and Aston uni who have both said they could offer me places but I can't accept either as I'm not in clearing. I called BCU first thing at 9am, and was told to email their clearing address to request my release with my details but I haven't had anything back. I called BCU again at 5.00 and they said there was nothing they could do, except be patient. Really worried I will lose my offers at Aston and Leicester now, does anyone have any advice?

All you can do is to keep Leicester and Aston informed of the situation and keep pressing BCU.
Reply 2
Original post by Sian-97

Did Leicester and Aston send you an email saying you have a conditional offer?
Even though you have to accept it in a small space of time, you can ask them to extend the deadline.
You literally just have to keep bugging BCU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sian-97

What carnation said, be patient and keep the other two informed.
Reply 4
Original post by HAnwar
Did Leicester and Aston send you an email saying you have a conditional offer?
Even though you have to accept it in a small space of time, you can ask them to extend the deadline.
You literally just have to keep bugging BCU.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying.
I have called BCU and they have said I have been released in "transit" and they don't know when it will show up on UCAS. Do you think it'll be ok to accept my offer now?
Original post by Sian-97
Thanks for replying.
I have called BCU and they have said I have been released in "transit" and they don't know when it will show up on UCAS. Do you think it'll be ok to accept my offer now?

You can't accept it until you ve got the add clearing choice button.
Reply 6
Original post by Sian-97
Thanks for replying.

You'll have to wait till it shows up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending