The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

They gave me a vocal and written offer but still didn't confirmed my place

Hey, yesterday I ended up in clearing and found out real quick this place for comparative lit at Queen's Mary: I've talked to the head of faculty, did a little interview, and received an offer. After a while, I also had an e-mail from the same person telling me I had until six am to confirm my place both by putting it into track and send an acceptance letter to a certain address. I did both, but they still haven't confirmed my application! Is it possible they changed their mind and I should keep calling other unis or is this completely normal? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this xx
Original post by Mariajbl
Hey, yesterday I ended up in clearing and found out real quick this place for comparative lit at Queen's Mary: I've talked to the head of faculty, did a little interview, and received an offer. After a while, I also had an e-mail from the same person telling me I had until six am to confirm my place both by putting it into track and send an acceptance letter to a certain address. I did both, but they still haven't confirmed my application! Is it possible they changed their mind and I should keep calling other unis or is this completely normal? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this xx

i had a similar experience. It took 24 hours. call up admissions and they should be able to tell you what's going on.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
I'm in the exact same position as you. I spoke to a guy called Galin Tihanov and he gave me a verbal offer, about 10 minutes later I received an email that basically confirmed my place to study comparative lit, subject to grade verification, instructing me to accept the offer both by sending an email and adding a clearing choice on UCAS, both of which I did, and now they still haven't confirmed my place. For some reason, I think they changed their mind and rejected me.
Reply 3
Original post by khalid_omar13
I'm in the exact same position as you. I spoke to a guy called Galin Tihanov and he gave me a verbal offer, about 10 minutes later I received an email that basically confirmed my place to study comparative lit, subject to grade verification, instructing me to accept the offer both by sending an email and adding a clearing choice on UCAS, both of which I did, and now they still haven't confirmed my place. For some reason, I think they changed their mind and rejected me.

What comforts me a little is the part of the e-mail that says: "There are several internal verification steps and checks that need to be completed by the College before you will see your referral to QM turn to a firm place, so please do not worry if you do not see your status change immediately. Please note: if you accept before Monday 22nd August, no status changes will take place over the weekend". But, as you said, the pending makes me quite nervous.
Yeah that's the only things that's keeping me calm right now. So weird to think that we're going to be in the same course.
Reply 5
Yeah that's the only things that's keeping me calm right now. So weird to think that we're going to be in the same course.

Was comparative lit tour chosen course all along? and are you an international student too?
Yeah hopefully I'll be doing comparative lit. And no, I'm not an international student, I live in London
Reply 7
Yeah hopefully I'll be doing comparative lit. And no, I'm not an international student, I live in London

hope to see you in september, then. Also, i'm a little worried qbout the accomodation, apparently lots of people ended up on the waiting list and have to look for a flat on their own
I was in a similar situation. I was given 24 hours to do that but I never applied through UCAS so was unable to. I ended up ringing the uní and now I have a place for this September. You should call the uní tomorrow morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeahh same here
I added my choice in clearing after I got two emails, and track still hasn't changed.
I think it'll change by tomorrow hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending