The Student Room Group

School submitted wrong marks for coursework to exam board. Need legal advice.

How do I get the school to amend?
Original post by Theplace
How do I get the school to amend?

Not sure about legal advice, I am not someone offering legal advice (I think that is a disclaimer that needs to be said..)

Are you 100% sure the wrong marks have been submitted? Perhaps they have gone down after moderation by the exam board.

If you're sure, then the person to talk to would be your school, and if they can't sort it out themselves then they'll know how to or point you to the right person.
You need to resolve all options with the school first.

As to legal advice... I'm not sure you're going to get what you need here!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Students thinking that the school has submitted the wrong marks for coursework is quite common but often not accurate. Why do you think that the marks the school submitted were wrong?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
Students thinking that the school has submitted the wrong marks for coursework is quite common but often not accurate. Why do you think that the marks the school submitted were wrong?

Thankyou for responding.
If they were moderated down, by the exam board, that is fine. No issue.
However, to lose 17 points is too much. 2-4 maybe.
Reply 6
Original post by BIGJohnson777
A website full of GCSE students and wannabe lawyers isn't a place where you should seek for legal advice, mate.

It's free mate.
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM
Not sure about legal advice, I am not someone offering legal advice (I think that is a disclaimer that needs to be said..)

Are you 100% sure the wrong marks have been submitted? Perhaps they have gone down after moderation by the exam board.

If you're sure, then the person to talk to would be your school, and if they can't sort it out themselves then they'll know how to or point you to the right person.

The school entered the wrong grades.
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM

Thankyou,mid they have been moderated down, fair enough. How do we find out if they been moderated down?

Quick Reply

Latest