The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Do I stand a chance of getting into Exeter University?

I received my AS results and I'm quite frankly really disappointed in myself; I got BBBD (B's in History, Geography and Politics and a D in Economics- which came as a big shock to me!)

So, I'll definitely be dropping Economics, but will my AS grades put me at a big disadvantage.
Reply 1
Depends what you want to apply for and the offers they give! Best bet is to contact them directly :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I got AS levels as BCCE and I got an offer of AAB with predicted grades of AAB.
Depends what course you want to do

I got BBCD and got an offer of ABB and got in with BBB
Hello, as the commenters above me are attesting, Exeter University in my experience cares very little about your AS results relative to your final A levels. They might however offer you a conditional place with marginally higher entry requirements (perhaps by a grade). Exeter offered me a place subject to me scoring AAA despite 'poor' AS results. Moreover, do not forget the impact of your personal statement and tutor references.
Reply 5
I got accepted with a Btec, so... yah.
Reply 6
i figure you'll be fine! your AS results aren't bad. What matters is your predicted grades. It's usually a grade above what you found in results but work extra hard when term starts, so teachers are happy to give you the predicteds you need. My AS results were abbb, predicted AAA, got AAB which was the conditions exeter offered me.
Reply 7
of course! Your predicted and final grades are much more important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending