The Student Room Group

Do NOT get in a relationship

Yes at midnite I am here. And why? Because this is what happens when you invite someone in your life. They take over or try to and either way it sucks. When I was single which was until just this weekend ok I could go anywhere on my own, whenever, with whmever, however long as I want. And not worry someone will prevent me beforehand or disapprove after or nag meantime. I was a free bird. Now it's only been like 4 ****ing days and like we have not had any time apart. She finds it romantic and I find it suffocating lmao. I have to tell her when I wanna fart, leave, make mac and cheese, all of that. She's not even abusive or demanding and yet it still feels that way. I just need to vent like my mates are happy I'm "settling down" and I dont really bother my family about these issues. Eugh I am honesly considering dumping her for the sole reason that I cant even take a **** without having to tell her or she freaks out I am ignoring her or something. If its not all day on the fone (I mean all day) then its all day at hers. As you can tell I never tried the committed relationship thing, I've only dated and this one is a bit over my head someone help me! :rofl:

Scroll to see replies

Do you think she's clingy?
Original post by 0to100
Yes at midnite I am here. And why? Because this is what happens when you invite someone in your life. They take over or try to and either way it sucks. When I was single which was until just this weekend ok I could go anywhere on my own, whenever, with whmever, however long as I want. And not worry someone will prevent me beforehand or disapprove after or nag meantime. I was a free bird. Now it's only been like 4 ****ing days and like we have not had any time apart. She finds it romantic and I find it suffocating lmao. I have to tell her when I wanna fart, leave, make mac and cheese, all of that. She's not even abusive or demanding and yet it still feels that way. I just need to vent like my mates are happy I'm "settling down" and I dont really bother my family about these issues. Eugh I am honesly considering dumping her for the sole reason that I cant even take a **** without having to tell her or she freaks out I am ignoring her or something. If its not all day on the fone (I mean all day) then its all day at hers. As you can tell I never tried the committed relationship thing, I've only dated and this one is a bit over my head someone help me! :rofl:

Tell her you need some room. Speak your mind otherwise what's the point of being in a relationship.
Relationship? What Pokemon is that?
Just stand your ground and tell her.
Original post by saraxh
Do you think she's clingy?

Psh starting to think so, we have been dating for a while casually but i woke up one day and was with her. lol
Original post by SuperHuman98
Relationship? What Pokemon is that?

I will call Ash to help you catch one
Tell her...what
Original post by mcneill98
Tell her you need some room. Speak your mind otherwise what's the point of being in a relationship.

If you've been in a relationship you'll know some things you just dont say. She's not an FWB or a platonic friend who I need to put my foot down with. The point of this thread is that I think the point of a relationship: Is to relinquish all of your basic freedom.
Reply 9
Just grow a pair and tell her to stop it. It's that simple.
Original post by RJMcM
It's not really her fault, some people show affection in different ways. I'm sure she doesn't mean to suffocate you, but at the same time she doesn't realise that it's actually causing harm because you're starting to get annoyed at it now. Use should both sit down and you should tell her to back off a little bit, but also reassure her that use aren't breaking up it's just that you want a little space and time for yourself just to do things by yourself. Please don't hurt her though or put it in a rude way. People have different ways of showing affection to someone, and that's her way of doing it. I hope this helps☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good one mate :yy: The op is a bit hyperbolic but it still feels this way, we are talking right now on the fone I decided to ring her and just be nice, but I am treading lightly.
Original post by Wellzi
Just grow a pair and tell her to stop it. It's that simple.

This isnt an advice thread...I just dont like committed relationships.
You probably just need to tell her straight. I've been in a relationship like that before where it was so clingy, it does no one any favours, we constantly argued and it wasn't good for either of us, I just got constantly stressed and it affected my educational work. I'm now in a much better relationship where we aren't clingy and it's the best thing you could do as you feel like you can do your own thing too. Maybe she has had a relationship in the past where being clingy was the only thing she knew and that's what she is used too. Either way it won't do either of you any good in the long run, to be brutally honest it will more than likely end sour. Just sit and talk to her and tell her you do need time apart for it to be healthy and that the trust should be good enough so that you don't have to spend 24/7 talking/together.
Reply 13
Original post by 0to100
This isnt an advice thread...I just dont like committed relationships.

Why be in one if you don't like them? I mean, other guys/ girls do, but not everyone has to be the same, and she can't really help how she is either
Reply 14
bruh relationships are a clear no go
Original post by Ezme39
Why be in one if you don't like them? I mean, other guys/ girls do, but not everyone has to be the same, and she can't really help how she is either

Tats what I'm saying this is more than I bargained. My op said I have never done this before so. Also she isnt a stranger, Ive been seeing her for time so I cant just break her heart cuz I'm stroppy. :\ This is kinda just a warning to ppl craving relationships...
Original post by Goaded
bruh relationships are a clear no go

bruh
I don't think the problem is you being in a relationship, the problem is that she sounds clingy and needy to know where you always are
Original post by OliviaBaggaley
You probably just need to tell her straight. I've been in a relationship like that before where it was so clingy, it does no one any favours, we constantly argued and it wasn't good for either of us, I just got constantly stressed and it affected my educational work. I'm now in a much better relationship where we aren't clingy and it's the best thing you could do as you feel like you can do your own thing too. Maybe she has had a relationship in the past where being clingy was the only thing she knew and that's what she is used too. Either way it won't do either of you any good in the long run, to be brutally honest it will more than likely end sour. Just sit and talk to her and tell her you do need time apart for it to be healthy and that the trust should be good enough so that you don't have to spend 24/7 talking/together.

ok a woman I presume you are? So not tryna leave her actually I'm not gonna bother her about it either. I'm just gona try to be understanding of her and assume I am just a moody bloke. I can be selfish and tempramental so Idk but it really isn't her per se it's just idk lol I'll figure it out.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I don't think the problem is you being in a relationship, the problem is that she sounds clingy and needy to know where you always are

Mm...I went to the shops last nite yea and I didnt say what I am getting so it'snot like she would have an idea of when/were I am going and how quick I should be back or aything. It was to get snacks some **** and whatever. I come back like 2hrs or so later and we literally argue about everything she wants to under the sun and she just freaks about how long she and hr ex would talk and I'm like not giving a **** honestly lol But erm I'm gonna ignore that and just look fwd she seems to be in a good mood when she wants. Like I am typing on here now and we're on the phone, she's like "I hear you typing." and "Hellooooo...stop typing" and stuff. I'm telling her hold on she gets angry like wth lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending