The Student Room Group

low predictions for law

i have bcc because my as went bad but i expect to get abb next year. what law unis could i apply to.
Original post by alevelstudent217
i have bcc because my as went bad but i expect to get abb next year. what law unis could i apply to.

It's very risky to apply to universities that ask for higher grades than what you're predicted, as you will, unfortunately, face almost-certain rejection. It might be worth applying to one university that asks for ABB, but otherwise you'll need to be looking at ex-polys, as they'll likely have entry requirements closer to your predictions.

If you're certain you'll get higher grades than you're predicted, and want to go to better universities, you have a few options. You can persuade your teachers to increase your predicted grades, but I wouldn't recommend it; if you fail to get the higher grades, it'll be another case of inflated predictions, which would just lead to universities distrusting predicted grades more. Alternatively, you could firm somewhere that asks for ~BCC, then use adjustment on results day if you achieve better results. Or your final option is to take a gap year, and apply once you have gained your final A level results, so your application then wouldn't be harmed by your predictions.
Reply 2
I was expected BBB in year 13, I applied to Universities that required AAA/A*AA and they still offered me places for law. Two actually gave me unconditional offers, so it can happen.
Original post by fkx
I was expected BBB in year 13, I applied to Universities that required AAA/A*AA and they still offered me places for law. Two actually gave me unconditional offers, so it can happen.

When was this? And what Universities?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending